AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-05, 14:02   Link #501
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
A role people were saying should've been given to Sakurai Takahiro (And Jun doing Suzaku) before the show aired If you looked at their history to that point Takahiro was much more suited to voice an anti hero...
Well, that was the point of the voice casting in Geass, yeah? Suzaku and Lelouche ended up having the opposite personalities and motivations that they appeared to.

Here it... just isn't the same thing. Why Hiro Shimono?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 15:22   Link #502
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Why Hiro Shimono?
Why not Hiro Shimono?
Old 2010-10-05, 16:16   Link #503
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Why not Hiro Shimono?
Because while we've seen that he can handle the "generic high school student" quotient of Keima's character (which ironically will probably translate best to his romantic capture moments), we haven't really seen anything that suggests he can handle the over-dramatic megalomania, the manic freak-outs, or the usual lack of emotion, things that other seiyuu, like Jun Fukuyama or Mamoru Miyano, have considerable experience with. That's not to say he can't pull it off, of course.
Old 2010-10-05, 16:38   Link #504
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Because while we've seen that he can handle the "generic high school student" quotient of Keima's character (which ironically will probably translate best to his romantic capture moments), we haven't really seen anything that suggests he can handle the over-dramatic megalomania, the manic freak-outs, or the usual lack of emotion, things that other seiyuu, like Jun Fukuyama or Mamoru Miyano, have considerable experience with. That's not to say he can't pull it off, of course.
That still doesn't answer my question , i mean it's a bit unfair to say he's not right for the job even before we've even heard him do just that.
Old 2010-10-05, 17:17   Link #505
pampz21
ShipCore

tomorrow tomorrow I love you tomorrow...Ill be watching Kami....Tomorrow!!!!!!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 21:04   Link #506
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Its tonite, its another half day before the get go... and i'm so fcking sure i won't miss this.

Oh and the 2nd season... can't say i didn't foresee it... but heck, to see that it was that fast for them to hint at it, might probably becoz of the positive receptions and responses they got from the fans during some event. At least its a good thing they don't have to base their decision about 2nd season based on DVD sales.

As for the repeated seiyuu discussion again, Hiro Shimono has an outstanding record as one of the best male seiyuu. I don't remember he had a role like Lelouch or Keima before, might be his first one i guess. But Keima's characteristics isn't juz about the over the top attitude, he has a humors and jokes side on him too, which is where Hiro Shimono is best at. I'm so betting my 2 dollar bucks that he is gonna make me rolling on the floor tonite with his over the top humorous voice, juz like how he did for Yoshi from Bakatest. His serious tone might not emits the vibe of being a god-like, but hey, when it comes to jokes and alike, you can bet he is the guy to look forward to.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 21:32   Link #507
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Member View Post
Looks like Season 2 has already been confirmed.
Woot
Quote:
That still doesn't answer my question , i mean it's a bit unfair to say he's not right for the job even before we've even heard him do just that.
Personally, I think that he is going to do a good job, but the reason why I'm not exactly expecting much is because I don't think he can deliver a performance that will ''blow me away'' from what I've heard of him so far(atm, I don't know if he'll improve later on in the series)

Or maybe it's just that the majority of the fanbase already had Fukuyama/Miyano set in their heads for so long it's hard to overcome that expectation :P

Anyway, looking forward to today.
Old 2010-10-05, 21:50   Link #508
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I never said he's not right for the job. Frankly, I like what I've been hearing from the PVs and CM, but it's an incomplete perception, so far.

Neither did Kaisos say he wasn't right for the job, at least not recently. I think he might have stated that he had a problem with him shortly after we first heard of the casting, but I think it was a matter of just not being too fond of him, which doesn't always have to warrant (or even have) an explanation. What Kaisos did say recently was "Why Hiro Shimono?" In other words, why should it be him, when there are other seiyuu who are clearly qualified (seemingly more qualified) for the role?
Old 2010-10-05, 22:44   Link #509
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

I can say Hiro can perfectly handle/more suited for any comedic part of Keima than other seiyuus. Over-the-top seriousness was one of Yoshii's speciality, so I can rest assure about that too. About romance part; he has an experience of voicing Hiro in Ef. I don't think I particularly liked his voice, but I think his VN voice styling will work better for Keima, as TWGOK focuses on parody of all anime cliches.

I can really care less about Fukuyama Jun and Miyano Mamoru. I never had them in mind for Keima anyway. I'm just too used to their voice. I would rather hear Keima with less popular but unique and characteristic voice, than another Lelouch. Of course, I know my opinion is kinda suck.

Quote:
''blow me away''
Honestly, none of the voice casting in anime ever 'blow me away' except Norio Wakamoto.
Old 2010-10-05, 23:43   Link #510
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Well, that was the point of the voice casting in Geass, yeah? Suzaku and Lelouche ended up having the opposite personalities and motivations that they appeared to.
The people saying the VAs should be switched were people who knew what the characters were generally going to be. Sakurai had generally played either badasses or villains upto that point, not someone you would cast as Suzaku is it FukuJun had done nothing like Lelouche to that point either... it was casting genius but it wasn't apparent at first until you know people watched the episode.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 00:07   Link #511
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Member View Post
Looks like Season 2 has already been confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
... and they did not even wait to see how the first season's sales go
It's like Glee, except it doesn't have singing highschoolers every week.
Old 2010-10-06, 04:05   Link #512
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Only a few hours to go...

Quote:
which doesn't always have to warrant (or even have) an explanation
It's because I consider him untalented, plain and simple. Also his voice isn't deep enough for Keima.

I don't doubt that he COULD do the role, but I don't have to like it.

Quote:
What Kaisos did say recently was "Why Hiro Shimono?" In other words, why should it be him, when there are other seiyuu who are clearly qualified (seemingly more qualified) for the role?
Fukuyama has been in like every show from the past 3 seasons and appears in several this season as well. Why is he not voicing the role that was made for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
unique and characteristic voice
Unique? Hiro Shimono, who alongside Nobuhiko Okamoto and Kenichi Suzumura, is one of the Kings of Generic? Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The people saying the VAs should be switched were people who knew what the characters were generally going to be.
I sort of meant that Suzaku ended up as a dark antihero and Lelouche the white knight-type, but whatever.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 11:56   Link #513
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Go to sleep now, probably will wake up with everyone wearing TWGoK avatars...

If they do it right
Old 2010-10-06, 12:19   Link #514
ReddyRedWolf

While I was watching it...I can see the Ending!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 13:25   Link #515
Raiga
tl;dr

T-5 minutes 'till CR simulcast. Can't waaaaait...
Old 2010-10-06, 13:43   Link #516
iceyfw

it has been so long since an anime season was so full of win. the VA for keima sounds a bit off from what i had always imagined his voice to have. and the animation seems more mature to me than what the manga drawings were.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 13:55   Link #517
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Yosuga no Sora 01 - Playfation:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 13:58   Link #518
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm still not completely sold with Shimono's voice, but it is arguably much better than I was expecting him to do. I guess I will be used but not totally satisfied
Meanwhile, as expected from Itou, she could give Elsee the cute and genki traits.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Definitely keeping a close eye on it along with OreImo

Edit: Midonin, you can't exactly call Keima "delusional" considering he is pretty much keeping in mind the difference between 3D and 2D.
Old 2010-10-06, 13:59   Link #519
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 01:
Old 2010-10-06, 14:03   Link #520
Raiga
tl;dr

Spoiler:

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen