AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-22, 23:49   Link #9041
Eratas123

@ Rain - How does he know all these things? He started training at 12-13 and is 17 now. How does he have so much varied skills and can beat grown men with them? He'd have to train 10 years minimum just to get a few skills since one isn't exactly closely knit to the other.
Old 2011-11-22, 23:58   Link #9042
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Raw experience. When pitted against something, you learn from little experiences and quirks while doing said thing.

Say, when you're fighting: When somebody kicks your ass to the curb, you take note of the little things. Posture, where getting hit hurts the most, where to move little by little to get in the right place to block and counter attack.

5 years of raw experience to pick these things up and master them. Henceforth why he's an honorary Spetsnaz, after more than a year of being beaten up from dawn to dusk by a Russian in a broken down hospital. Oh, on a side note, he goes back to Chernobyl to train over the years, he didn't go there for just a one time thing.

He focuses on skills that would help him in the future. For knives, he learned the basics of Eskrima, but he's no master. He can kill people just fine with it though. For guns, he trained with Sonia. For swords, Tabane kicked his ass in kendo. And so on, he picked up little details and skills he continues to brush up to the present day.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 00:04   Link #9043
Eratas123

@ Rain - Then where does the black ops, bomb defusal, and government level hacking come in? I understand him being skilled, it's just the fact that he's skilled in so many things that seems odd. For example, Irish is good in hacking and sneaking. He's poor in unarmed combat and frontal assault, gunwielding is low as well. His knife combat is average but he fights unorthodoxly which means he surprises opponents.

So he's only good in sneaking, hacking, and knife fighting. Everything else tends to be bad.

Sorry if this is offending you, I'm just curious.

Be back in 30-45 minutes, I have to go home.
Old 2011-11-23, 00:23   Link #9044
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: The skills he uses for black operations are the skills he uses outside of them, but under black ops, he just operates under the radar.

Bomb defusal is something he just picked up as a kid, before actually physically training. He sat in a few classes while growing up on the ALBATROSS. But he's useless when it comes to higher class bombs. The closest thing he can disarm is a C4 charge used by most militants, but when it comes to the hellfire bombs, he's useless. He doesn't know what to do with it, and whatever he does has a good chance of setting it off.

Government level hacking? Started at the age of 7, the result of Tabane being very enthusiastic when her son wanted to learn how to use a computer. At first, it was just so he could play some video games a soldier lent to him. The game was Counter-Strike, which unintentionally brought him to light on the whole action concept. It grew level by level until he actually got into tagging along smaller policing/patrol missions with his dad.

Things he's useless in:

- Musical instruments: Lacks the delicacy to play anything. Somehow manages to shatter glass with a triangle of all things.

- Precise Medical Procedure: He'd be the world's worst surgeon, that's for sure. His habit when holding a sharp thing would be to analyze a person's vitals and the best way to cut them up. Then he'd cut too much by accident, and the person would be dead within seconds.

- Any medical procedure with the patient being someone he personally knows: He'd panic beyond comprehension, thinking that he'd just as soon unintentionally hurt them as help them.

- Unable to concentrate when not under pressure: His mind tends to drift off constantly. When his mind is under pressure, it makes him focus. Think of the pressure (whatever it may be) as a funnel, his mind pressed through it until it relaxes enough to go with the flow. When not under pressure, his mind's as loose as liquid, he can't concentrate unless he deeply wants to concentrate. Which is why his monologues always get off track somehow. He'll go with the flow, but just can't seem to pinpoint focus.

- Can't handle any weapon for the first time without hurting himself (or others) somehow: First time handling a brand new knife? Cut himself. First time holding a new gun? Shot someone in the foot. Get the picture?

- Prone to exessive bleeding: Don't get a bandage on him or seal the cut in any way quickly, he'll pass out due to bleeding out much more blood than a person normally would. Give him a paper cut, if unattended to, he'll feel faint in half an hour. Which is why he's prone to serious scarring.

And there are more things I have stowed away somewhere.
Old 2011-11-23, 00:45   Link #9045
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

So Kyuukai has hemophilia huh? That could easily disqualified him from beign a soldier, probably I.S.-verse advanced medical science helps.
Old 2011-11-23, 00:49   Link #9046
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Zero:

The IS Universe: The place where if you're a guinea pig for a mech suit, you can have an amazon legion of yanderes who pilot similar mech suits and worship your every word!

In that place, you can also have antibiotic sprays that stop bleeding! High tech spray-on bandage FTW!

But who cares about that when there's a amazon legion of yanderes to learn more about!
Old 2011-11-23, 00:51   Link #9047
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ That too, I really want to feature medical treatment sometimes, but so far nobody is bleeding, not even a little.

I have a good idea, maybe I should contact Blitz. Back too school, wont return in ~2 hours
Old 2011-11-23, 00:54   Link #9048
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Zero: When you make a beloved character bleed, you get their rabid fans who want to make you bleed... So tread with caution in that area. If somebody gets hurt, have good rational reasons for it.
Old 2011-11-23, 00:56   Link #9049
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthernalRain View Post
@ Zero: When you make a beloved character bleed, you get their rabid fans who want to make you bleed... So tread with caution in that area. If somebody gets hurt, have good rational reasons for it.
Such as Ichika and Laura beating the crap out of each other again, yeah, their relationship isn't in the best terms in Sacred Twins until the individual tournament.
Old 2011-11-23, 01:03   Link #9050
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Zero: Well that's a canon reason. For any other reason, there must be a good one. Such as getting wounded in a fight, other reasons that pertain to the grim and dark, etc.
Old 2011-11-23, 01:03   Link #9051
Eratas123

@ Rain - Um....I'm pretty sure he was singing with Laura in the Charlotte x Ichika segment before.

Anyway, how are his acrobatics? As in flips and other agility based moves.

The medical thing is interesting. Ichika is clueless as well so Irish is the only one among the three who can use first aid. Treating injured teammates after they get attacked by IS units tend to make you pick up a few things.
Old 2011-11-23, 01:12   Link #9052
DarkJak2050

Yeah, how acrobatic is Kyuukai? Is he as acrobatic as these guys?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 01:16   Link #9053
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas and Jak: He can sing, but when handling something that needs delicacy to be operated that isn't a computer or technology, he either wrecks it or becomes a wreck himself.

Also, he's not that acrobatic. He's flexible enough to freerun and fight with most of his styles, but he's not that flexible to do that kind of acrobatics, and would probably hurt himself 9 out of 10 times just trying to attempt it.
Old 2011-11-23, 01:20   Link #9054
Eratas123

@ Rain - Okay, this is for the fight scene in chapter 5. How tall is Kyuukai exactly? Also, how muscular? I need to know since the fight is kind of like a David vs Goliath where Kyuukai is stronger but Irish is more agile.
Old 2011-11-23, 01:26   Link #9055
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Aaaaaaand standing in the red corner, weighing at 297 pounds, 5'9 and lean but not too muscularly built... KYUUKAI TOKIWA!!!
Old 2011-11-23, 01:31   Link #9056
Eratas123

@ Rain - Standing in the blue corner, weighing only about 100 something pounds, 5'0 and as thin as a stick.......IRISH!!!!!

You can already see who's going to win Good thing Kyuukai doesn't have any CQC weapons in the memorial.

Side note - Kind of Ironic that both of their LI's are their opposites both physically and mentally
Old 2011-11-23, 02:55   Link #9057
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

297 pounds? isn't that too bulky for not really muscular guy? I believe it's 197 pounds instead (roughly 90 kg, itself are DAMN heavy for the level of 179 cm guy)...

I figure Kyuukai would be around 160-180 Pounds instead (72-81 kg)
Old 2011-11-23, 02:57   Link #9058
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I kinda dropped off yesterday... sorry bout that. Issues occurred.

@eratas: I rethought the few days thing and realized that maybe it would take ISA some time to process the papers, and that a few days seems really short. The time frame for Rong being stuck in America is now 2-3 weeks. In that span of time, I was thinking that he could get on friendly terms with America's IS research facility, have an ISA representative staff give him a look/check(to see if he's safe), and Fillia teaches him how to be normal and lays down some ground rules.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 03:06   Link #9059
DarkJak2050

Damn, Kyuukai's actually the same height as Sideswipe, and he's the shortest out of my guys.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 03:07   Link #9060
Eratas123

@ Zero - You have a point, most wrestlers are lighter than that and some of the are walking muscle.

@ demino_hellsin - Sounds good enough, but I'm not really the person you should ask, I'm just a newbie writer. Might wanna ask Zero or Blitz.

@ Jak - It's average height for some to be 5'9.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest