AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-18, 07:35   Link #41
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Amata is willing to buy all that stuff to try to win over Mikono's pet but he can't offer any words of comfort to Zessica after she makes a passionate love confession to him?
Have you ever been on the end on a passionate love confession where you didn't feel anything similar for the other person? It's one of the most uncomfortable and awkward situations one can think of if one is not the quick and witty sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingturkey View Post
His immediate concern was his love life and was not thinking about Kagura trashing Neo Deeva or anywhere for the matter.
Wuh? When?

Quote:
He should at the very least have some consideration for 2 souls who has been waiting for 12 000 years to reunite right? But that didn't even occur to him.
But why? Whatever Mikono feels for Kagura she doesn't exactly seem to be in a hurry to reunite with him. Should he back off just to make Kagura happy? (And let's not forget that what Amata has seen so far of Kagura wasn't exactly flattering. Would you trust someone like that with the person you love?) As long as Mikono is open to Amata he has every right to keep on trying.

Amata is certainly not without flaws but I think this is not one of them.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-04-18 at 07:48.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:39   Link #42
miketyson

From experience, even: yeah, it's awkward, even if it's more of a come-on and not at the level of a full love-confession. It's worse if your significant other is there and you forget to check in with them before you start saying stuff (), which is why the fact that Amata didn't check in with Mikono in that scene really jumped out at me. Sorta been there, sorta did that, won't make that mistake twice (fingers crossed).

I can cut Amata some slack here, is what I'm saying.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:48   Link #43
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Let me rephrase that. Amata saw 2 lovers from 12 000 year before lovingly embracing each other before being forced to part ways because fate was trolling them.

And right now, there is a very slight chance that Mikono and Kagura may be those star-crossed lovers.

He should at the very least have some consideration for 2 souls who has been waiting for 12 000 years to reunite right? But that didn't even occur to him.

I'm not trying to say that Amata should behave in my specified manner for the show to be 'better'.
In fact, I've been giving the show nines and tens in the polls. (Because the execution was awesome)
I am simply pointing out what I believe to be his character flaws.
Now that's just not right. While it's true that the thought of a pair of star-crossed lovers waiting to be united after 12000 years is touching, it still doesn't mean Amata has no right to try to win Mikono over, nor should he consider giving up because well, they're not the exact same people anymore, even if they're direct reincarnations and all that. He has every right to keep trying until Mikono finally makes up her mind and chooses someone else or he ends up falling for someone else, like operator guy Zessica OR Kawamori brings in some more pineapples.

Inversely, it's just as rude to tell someone they were born and live to marry someone else solely cause they're the reincarnations of some people they don't know from 12000 years ago.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:48   Link #44
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
which is why the fact that Amata didn't check in with Mikono in that scene really jumped out at me.
Well, it's not like Amata has loads of experience with these situations...
Old 2012-04-18, 07:54   Link #45
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

Wuh? When?
At the end of episode 16. After the island asplode.

Quote:

But why? Whatever Mikono feels for Kagura she doesn't exactly seem to be in a hurry to reunite with him. Should he back off just to make Kagura happy? (And let's not forget that what Amata has seen so far of Kagura wasn't exactly flattering. Would you trust someone like that with the person you love?) As long as Mikono is open to Amata he has every the right to keep on trying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Now that's just not right. While it's true that the thought of a pair of star-crossed lovers waiting to be united after 12000 years is touching, it still doesn't mean Amata has no right to try to win Mikono over, nor should he consider giving up because well, they're not the exact same people anymore, even if they're direct reincarnations and all that.
I'm not asking for Amata to pack Mikono into a gift box and hand her over to Kagura. I'm just asking for him to show some concern over a (passionate) relationship from 12 000 years ago that may be in the present.
Old 2012-04-18, 07:57   Link #46
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I get where you're coming from in the first paragraph but the second misses my point.
Amata should still offer comfort for others regardless of how strong willed they are. Because it's the nice thing to do.
And I agree, but given the giant elephant on his mind, all I'm saying is that I understand if he's abit preoccupied with his own thing.

It doesn't exactly make it right, but I am saying that I understand.

Quote:
Well, damn. You're right. No one else has that much baggage.
*bows head in defeat*
Well to be exactly, nobody else carries their baggage for that long...

Quote:
His immediate concern was his love life and was not thinking about Kagura trashing Neo Deeva or anywhere for the matter.
His immediate concern was for her safety, not his love life.

(Though both are obvious intertwine so...)
Old 2012-04-18, 08:05   Link #47
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, in fairness, if Amata handles the Zessica confession just half-decently Ok within the next two episodes, his character will still be cool with me.

I'm mainly just saying that I can see where theflyingturkey is coming from.

Edit: I myself have never received an outright confession from a girl that I didn't like, but I have been hit on heavily by a girl I had little interest in. And yeah, it's awkward (flattering, but awkward). I did try to be friendly to her, but I admit that I was scrambling to think of a good way to friendzone her if the need arose.
Old 2012-04-18, 08:14   Link #48
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

His immediate concern was for her safety, not his love life.

(Though both are obvious intertwine so...)
Well, considering that I've interpreted that scene (the end of episode 16) differently from you I can see why we're having differences in our opinion.
Old 2012-04-18, 08:24   Link #49
Zuul

Quote:

@Kuromitsu and Chaos for the star-crossed lovers thing.
Let me rephrase that. Amata saw 2 lovers from 12 000 year before lovingly embracing each other before being forced to part ways because fate *cough*Kawamouri*cough* was trolling them.

And right now, there is a very slight chance that Mikono and Kagura may be those star-crossed lovers.

I'm not trying to say that Amata should behave in my specified manner for the show to be 'better'.
In fact, I've been giving the show nines and tens in the polls. (Because the execution was awesome)
I am simply pointing out what I believe to be his character flaws.
I'm with you here. They shew us a touching flashback, and I'm supposed to think it's totally awesome of Amata to go against it.

Something is wrong with the way it's written here. I hope it's intentional.
I'd rather have Amata act like Mikono and just don't buy the destiny thing
Old 2012-04-18, 08:25   Link #50
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, considering that I've interpreted that scene (the end of episode 16) differently from you I can see why we're having differences in our opinion.
Oh you were referring to that specifically ? I thought you were referring to episode 13
Old 2012-04-18, 08:37   Link #51
mayumi

i quite liked amata until the end of ep 16. to me mikono and amata came off selfish when they couldn't even offer zessica any words of consolation. i also believe it was not all zessica's fault. no matter how she blames her self.
Old 2012-04-18, 10:15   Link #52
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
i quite liked amata until the end of ep 16. to me mikono and amata came off selfish when they couldn't even offer zessica any words of consolation. i also believe it was not all zessica's fault. no matter how she blames her self.
Amatas reaction is actually not that bad when you think about the situation a bit more. What can he say to her? Sometimes silence is the best support. "You didn't mean to do it!"? Thats a terrible response. "You didn't know what would happen!"? Yes she did. No one's really in any sort of a position to say anything to Zessica aside from Amata but he cannot say anything without either sounding cold hearted or completely oblivious. Now... if this isn't addressed in the coming episode when Zessica gets put down gently either by surrendering or Amata rejecting her, then we have a bit of an issue. That and, as I've said before, the show has never actually addressed his abandonment issues (only played at them through Zessica) so when he get s a clip show of: "This is why you will be abandoned!", you can sort of understand his reaction and moping.
Old 2012-04-18, 19:54   Link #53
sergel02

Anyone have an idea how old he is?
Old 2012-04-18, 20:17   Link #54
HimeaSaito

Quote:
Anyone have an idea how old he is?
16 the same age with Mikono and Kagura
Old 2012-04-18, 22:31   Link #55
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeaSaito View Post
16 the same age with Mikono and Kagura
ah okay, i thought they were all in college so i thought he was 19.
Old 2012-04-19, 00:33   Link #56
cyberdemon

Quote:
That's up for debate. Put yourself in Amata's shoes. You're in love with a girl and suddenly it's "fated" that she's to be with another person (On ONLY that other person's words. There's no true proof on her end yet). Are you just going to get up and walk away like it means nothing? Basically meaning your own feelings were nothing. There's no real guarantee that she would be happy with the other person either.
Old 2012-04-19, 01:15   Link #57
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
That's up for debate. Put yourself in Amata's shoes. You're in love with a girl and suddenly it's "fated" that she's to be with another person (On ONLY that other person's words. There's no true proof on her end yet). Are you just going to get up and walk away like it means nothing? Basically meaning your own feelings were nothing. There's no real guarantee that she would be happy with the other person either.
Except it isn't even love. Just a crush.

Sorry if I favor a 24000 years old love over a schoolboy crush.
Old 2012-04-19, 01:30   Link #58
kuromitsu

Schoolboy crush, sure. Zuul, you really hate Amata, do you?

So what if it turns out that he is the reincarnation of your precious Apollo and Kagura is just a random guy who Mykage had messed with? What if Amata is the one with the 24000 years love? What then?

(Btw I love how you keep dismissing Mikono's opinion.)
Old 2012-04-19, 01:58   Link #59
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Then again hotblooded characters are not known for thinking things through.
Old 2012-04-19, 02:17   Link #60
cyberdemon

Quote:
Schoolboy crush, sure. Zuul, you really hate Amata, do you?

So what if it turns out that he is the reincarnation of your precious Apollo and Kagura is just a random guy who Mykage had messed with? What if Amata is the one with the 24000 years love? What then?

(Btw I love how you keep dismissing Mikono's opinion.)
Good point. Episode 16 while in Amata's point of view strengthens the supposed Apollo= Kagura view, actually points elsewhere to the audience. Kagura's "memories" are fake. He's "remembering" a scene from a film with himself and Mikono overlapped on it. Mikage doesn't even give a damn about them either. Which is weird if he's seeking Aquarion. He'd have "Apollo" and "Silvia" if he had just transported them back like he was supposed to. Instead he waits till Amata gets there and powers up from his encounter with Kagura before pulling back Kagura alone even though Mikono was right next to him. It's looking more like Kagura is a tool to use to get Amata to power up and go where he needs him to be.

Tags
characters