AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-17, 18:12   Link #541
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
People,do you think that Yagi will decide to conclude the "rebels VS ZAOs scenario" or will instead opt to shift the scenario again and return to Claire and Prissy inside that blob?
It wouldn't' surprise me whatsoever if he were to suddenly and abruptly scene-change in the middle of a cliff-hanger - he's done it before after all.

Recently however, with the ZAO's, I can see how it was too much to resist showing the Staff battles even for him....now however, I think it's extremely likely we will shift to the blob or at least away from Staff for awhile.
Old 2011-12-18, 22:35   Link #542
Double_friedman

Is there going to be Claymore in January?
Old 2011-12-19, 05:39   Link #543
MalakTawus

Yup,but usually the chapter is a bit shorter.
Old 2011-12-19, 08:52   Link #544
Double_friedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Yup,but usually the chapter is a bit shorter.
Thanks! I was going to get very mad...
Old 2011-12-19, 14:35   Link #545
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
Is there going to be Claymore in January?
As stated prior, yes ch 122 will be released in the February issue (aka released in late Dec/early Jan).

Now the issue released this month is ALWAYS shorter, last years issue was only 23 pages and the year before that was 24 pages (even with the double pages counted twice). Also of note both issues English scan came out on December 28th and 29th, so expect it early. I wouldn't be surprised if the RAW or Chinese scan came out as early as the 26th of December (this has happened before)... and maybe some spoilers as early as the 24th (though most should be fake, as always ). Early spoilers are less common this month, but you never know.

Now don't get your hopes up either, but in any case expect a shorter chapter about a week early ... the trade off is it will be around 5 weeks or more till the chapter after 122 comes out.

I was about to say I have a love hate relationship with the issues that come out this month, but it sounded like a bad pun about Roxanne. ()
Old 2011-12-19, 14:49   Link #546
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

That's only a 3-4 page difference compared to 121. It feels like the chapters are getting shorter by the month.
Old 2011-12-19, 15:11   Link #547
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOfGray View Post
That's only a 3-4 page difference compared to 121. It feels like the chapters are getting shorter by the month.
Ch 121 was 32 pages... (not including scan sites credits page, but including the colored page and each double page as 2 pages. Same way I tallied the other chapters page counts btw.)

and 24 from 32 is 8, not 3 to 4

Plus what if we only get 23 or 22 pages... as this has happened in previous chapters that came out that month before. So we're looking at some where around 8 to 10 pages shorter, so akin to a slightly longer than normal SJ weekly chapter from one of the big 3, and for a monthly that is very disappointing, then again they don't get a chapter that week and we do... kinda
Old 2011-12-19, 15:30   Link #548
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

I completely forgot about all the double pages this chapter. For some reason I thought the old average was around 36-40 pages, but after looking through the books that I own, the average is easily around 31. Probably the site switch that I did this year. I recall useless pages towards the beginning and end now that I think about it.
Old 2011-12-19, 15:38   Link #549
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Yeah but don't you wish that all the chapters were as long as the first chapter was.

The first chapter was like 67 pages. i wish that all the chapters now would be that long. Yagi could add so much more detail in characters or fight scenes with that many pages .

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-19, 16:24   Link #550
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Yeah but don't you wish that all the chapters were as long as the first chapter was.

The first chapter was like 67 pages. i wish that all the chapters now would be that long. Yagi could add so much more detail in characters or fight scenes with that many pages .
Most of the manga I've seen have longer first chapter.
Old 2011-12-22, 16:22   Link #551
White Silver King
The Isley

I feel like the main monthly Shonens have been getting shorter and shorter. They only get released once every 4 or 5 weeks so we should be expecting 50-60 page chapters, 40 at the very least. But instead we've been getting MANY chapter under 30 pages and in the case of D. Gray-man some even under 20! That's the same as a normal weekly chapter!
Old 2011-12-24, 02:40   Link #552
Arlenis
Of Lights

Welllllp..... *Looks left then right awkwardly as the crickets chirp in the silence on this forum* ....
Errr...when should we be expecting some spoil-hers?
Old 2011-12-24, 08:56   Link #553
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Probably within the next week at one point: I'm thinking Wednesday at the earliest for something definitive. Anything earlier then that is most definitely fake.

Any ideas on what the next chapter will be? I can understand if the AO's were too hard for Yagi to resist, but now that the last chapter left on a somewhat smaller cliffhanger....It wouldn't surprise me if their was a scene change to Claire.

And I know this is off-topic, but I want to say it outloud anyway...........

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-12-24 at 11:04.
Old 2011-12-24, 15:38   Link #554
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Merry Chrismast everyone!!!
Old 2011-12-24, 15:44   Link #555
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Merry Chrismast everyone!!!
Merry Christmas!
They even changed the banners for the holiday season

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-12-24, 16:31   Link #556
ATM

Most of all I want to see Miria, the twins, the ghosts and friends on the next chapter. If the story goes back to Clare and the people at Rabona I will like it too.

Happy holidays to you and to everyone.
Old 2011-12-25, 00:22   Link #557
Fermat

First things first... Merry Christmas everyone!

While I'd like to see some Cassandra vs Roxanne and Hysteria vs Miria et al, I'm guessing we'll have a scene shift to Rabona in the next chapter.

Each of the ZAOs should have a yoki roughly equal to or perhaps even greater than Isley's. Galatea could detect the combined auras of Isley and Luceila seven years ago all the way from Staff whereas the two were in Mucha. Given how she says that her perception has magnified greatly, she might sense those three's yoki from Rabona as if she were right there. She won't be shaking like those trainees, though. Nope, she's way too badass for that.

Maybe Miata would sense something as well. Wouldn't it be funny if she said, "There are three strong ones far away, but they smell... different, like shit."

Clarice would be like, "What's up with you two?" She'd be completely clueless since she has no perceptive ability beyond what her number indicates. If she does sense something, it would emphasize just how huge the combined yoki of those three ZAOs truly is.

Perhaps we might see a scene in the last page with the blob making the tiniest of movements. Quite a cliffhanger to welcome the new year, don't you think?
Old 2011-12-25, 11:38   Link #558
MalakTawus

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!!!

Old 2011-12-26, 12:32   Link #559
Arlenis
Of Lights

Hysteria..............is fucking them UP!
Old 2011-12-26, 12:53   Link #560
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlenis View Post
Hysteria..............is fucking them UP!
Well I don't think anyone here expected it to be easy.