AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-05-21, 22:31   Link #1
LCeh

Rosario+Vampire Manga

Shounen manga serialized in Jump by IKEDA Akihisa.

Synopsis from mangaupdates:

By a bizzare coincidence, Tsukune Aono has accidentally gotten himself admitted to a youkai acadamy, a school attended by monsters (youkai). Just when he thinks he'll run away from there, he meets the beautiful girl Moka and his mood turns ultra happy. However, she transforms into her true form when the rosary on her chest is taken off, she's a super vampire!

------------------

Not a bad manga. It's not exceptional or anything, but it's entertaining enough. It does have some very typical shounen moments, but the artwork is good enough to keep me reading. And the plot thickens in volume 4 and onwards.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 22:41   Link #2
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Too bad Zombie zone doesn't work on it too often. I have a raw of vol 6 and it looks Very interesting.

ZZ is still on 3 if I remember right.

It becomes a harem by Vol 2 and I like reading about all the mythological creatures in each chapter.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 10:13   Link #3
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I love the succubus, whatever her name was. AT LEAST SHE DIDN'T WANT TO SUCK AONO'S BLOOD.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 11:18   Link #4
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

I bought up to volume 8 of this series (I think I buy too much manga...) :/

To be honest, the first few volumes were rather dull and repetive. Aono gets into trouble, he pulls off Moka's rosary, super vampire saves the day. Rinse and repeat. The witch arc in volume 4 was decent though. The plot picked up around volumes 5 and 6 (especially volume 6, good stuffs), however volume 7 somehow left me somewhat disappointed. And judging from the story progression in volume 8, this series seems to be ending soon, unless the mangaka wants to drag on and write another arc.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 19:09   Link #5
cangri21
Banned

ok so far i really like it and only read to chapter 12 because the damn has not been translated but o well gotta wait and see. By the way I heard they were going to animate this when they do i hope they stick closely to the manga especially the developing relationship between Tsukune and Moka because we know they care for each other in more than just being friends not having just drag it out like othere series do.
cangri21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 19:39   Link #6
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Finally bought and read volume 10. Apparently, the author does want to drag on the series. Volume 10 is the last volume of the first arc, and the author is continuing with the 2nd arc as we speak.

The only good thing I can think of is that when the anime comes out next year, it probably won't deviate much from the manga since there's already a complete arc for them to animate. Unless they really really want a different ending.

As for the first arc of the manga, it was pretty decent. Nothing too fancy but it is as complete as a story arc can get. I can only guess what the author is planning for the 2nd arc.
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 23:15   Link #7
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

so did Tsukune fix his 'problem'?

Old 2007-10-21, 23:46   Link #8
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
so did Tsukune fix his 'problem'?
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-22, 00:10   Link #9
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

How about this, did his sister find out?

Old 2007-10-22, 01:00   Link #10
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
How about this, did his sister find out?
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-24, 12:02   Link #11
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The only major problem I have right now with this series is that since the magazine it was published in had to call it quits, R+V has to switch to another mag, and we won't see a new chapter until somewhere around early November. Anyway, it might give Ikeda Akihise more time to draw stuff and spend more thought on what will follow next.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-10-24 at 12:28.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 12:57   Link #12
ZODDGUTS

I thought the series was also decent in the beginning but it started to get good when you know what hapeens to the main character. I'm hoping the manga-ka will get rid of the the "monster of the week" and end up putting more story arc.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 07:25   Link #13
LesAmiesNoir
A hopeless romantic girl

I just recently looked up the first three volums, I didn't get that attached to it since it really appeard to lack plot. But now when you all say that the plot thickens I'm more interested to see how things go. Somehow though, I can imagine that I wouldn't mind this made into an anime, it would suit it. However so far it lacks explanation to such an extent that I've almost given up on finding one. In the beginning the "randomness" was all over the place. But well I'll try to read up further, since apperently it gets better...
LesAmiesNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 13:41   Link #14
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesAmiesNoir View Post
I just recently looked up the first three volums, I didn't get that attached to it since it really appeard to lack plot. But now when you all say that the plot thickens I'm more interested to see how things go. Somehow though, I can imagine that I wouldn't mind this made into an anime, it would suit it. However so far it lacks explanation to such an extent that I've almost given up on finding one. In the beginning the "randomness" was all over the place. But well I'll try to read up further, since apperently it gets better...
Wouldn't mind? You mean, can't wait! Haha, go look in Unaired and you will see the series by Gonzo.

Old 2007-12-06, 21:16   Link #15
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

BTW V4 has been translated and it appears the group is starting on R+V II which already has the 4th girl from the Anime that I am not familiar with.

Old 2007-12-11, 23:16   Link #16
LCeh

The first major story has ended. The mangaka has started on a sequel, which is basically a second major arc.
Old 2007-12-12, 01:08   Link #17
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

It is not a sequel per se; R+V's new arc is only named Season II because the series had to switch magazines when Monthly Shonen Jump was put out of service and thankfully replaced by Jump Square SQ. S2 simply picks up where S1 left off; I doubt we'll even see mention of S2 anywhere in the volumes as it is of no consquence to the publishing/printing companies...

Oh, and, btw, according to SimonSays.com, the following titles have just been licensed by Viz:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbapapa
Old 2007-12-12, 01:32   Link #18
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
It is not a sequel per se; R+V's new arc is only named Season II because the series had to switch magazines when Monthly Shonen Jump was put out of service and thankfully replaced by Jump Square SQ. S2 simply picks up where S1 left off; I doubt we'll even see mention of S2 anywhere in the volumes as it is of no consquence to the publishing/printing companies...

Oh, and, btw, according to SimonSays.com, the following titles have just been licensed by Viz:
Ahh I see. Thanks for the clear up.
Old 2007-12-25, 12:51   Link #19
MooMooFarm

=X is this series still running? Just curious. Very light but kinda nice.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 13:02   Link #20
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
=X is this series still running? Just curious. Very light but kinda nice.
One simple word; yes.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire