AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-06, 01:58   Link #2461
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

While I'm not looking forward to more Kira/Lacus after how badly they did that the first time around, I'll forgive them if they at least give it better development in the remaster. I may not like the pairing, but I'd prefer a disliked pairing with proper development over a disliked pairing thrown together at the last second (like Feldt in 00).
Old 2011-11-06, 02:03   Link #2462
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
But hey, remember that Hayden Christensen appearance in Jedi, maybe we will get scenes to that degree too.
Hmm, I'm drawing a blank as to which scenes could get such treatment. I guess the scene with Mu's helmet would count as one, but that's nothing new. Maybe a Shinn or a Durandal cameo, but I doubt it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I may not like the pairing, but I'd prefer a disliked pairing with proper development over a disliked pairing thrown together at the last second (like Feldt in 00).
I'm sorry, but the 00 stuff doesn't even count as a pairing. It never even started. At least you can say that Kira and Lacus are together. (Heck, that's even more than you can say about Athrun and Cagalli.)
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 02:08   Link #2463
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

<continues to blank GDS from memory banks>

a new series might pique my interests though...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 02:37   Link #2464
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, here's what I hope from the BD release:
No cameo from Destiny's original characters and they retain the Mwu's-Broken-helmet scene (just like it originally was) coz I don't want to buy Destiny just to fill-in-the-blanks. Simple, right?

Still, if they want to remake/reboot Destiny with a finer story after this, it's okay if my wish above aren't fullfilled. But I doubt they will.
Old 2011-11-06, 02:50   Link #2465
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Just to clarify folks, this remaster is more like Star Wars' orig trilogy BD copies, Enhanced scenes, same story. There are going to be new scenes, but mostly battle scenes and just enhanced elements from the original airing. No one is suggesting that this is a rewrite.
Old 2011-11-06, 03:40   Link #2466
casval cehack

There's one particular scene I'm hoping Sunrise could clear given the oppurtunity: Strike's cockpit shot in the aftermath of the Kira X Asuran deathmatch.
Old 2011-11-06, 03:48   Link #2467
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
There's one particular scene I'm hoping Sunrise could clear given the oppurtunity: Strike's cockpit shot in the aftermath of the Kira X Asuran deathmatch.
pretty much this is the one they should clear up.
Old 2011-11-06, 04:20   Link #2468
pumpkins

if they're going to remake the battle scenes, i just hope that do something about all those reused scenes.. XD
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 04:29   Link #2469
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
It's a remaster, new scenes will blend with remade old scenes.
cool.... more Lacus X Kira please.... I want to see if Sunrise can actually do a couple development well
it will be awesome if they do Gundam's battle in SEED like what they do in 00 movie
Freedom's will pawn a lot...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 04:30   Link #2470
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Just to clarify folks, this remaster is more like Star Wars' orig trilogy BD copies, Enhanced scenes, same story. There are going to be new scenes, but mostly battle scenes and just enhanced elements from the original airing. No one is suggesting that this is a rewrite.
I'm aware that this is just a remaster with added scenes. That's why I wish that they could keep the Mwu's helmet scene intact and keep Destiny's original charas far away since that'd be pretty easy for them, right?
Old 2011-11-06, 05:19   Link #2471
winter45

Hopefully we will see grunts dodge beamspams to give more a dynamic feel and Freedoms tracking system with verbal voice screaming *TARGETS LOCKED*. Not to mention more discipline within the ranks of super powers. Modified bad guy leaders characteristics that have more dimension than just*genocide* attitude to everything, and and and....

I better not kid myself.. Wont be SEED without melodrama at its core root.

But with world economy as it is.. this will help Gundam secure a long running future.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 06:45   Link #2472
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That's why I wish that they could keep the Mwu's helmet scene intact and keep Destiny's original charas far away since that'd be pretty easy for them, right?
First of all, I highly doubt that Destiny characters will make an appearance.

But regarding Mu's helmet, there's no point in leaving it in. And you seem to be misunderstanding this. Whether or not Mu's helmet is shown doesn't change anything for SEED. It only has an effect on Destiny. So leaving it out doesn't force you to have to watch Destiny. Ignore Destiny if you want but it's pretty silly to want them to ignore it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
Freedoms tracking system with verbal voice screaming *TARGETS LOCKED*.
Kira does enough screaming as it is. I don't need the computer to do it too.
Old 2011-11-06, 07:25   Link #2473
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
if they're going to remake the battle scenes, i just hope that do something about all those reused scenes.. XD
But that would be the same as rewriting the entire show.

//

I´m mostly sneaking around in here these days but if we actually get SEED episode threads in here when the (re-)airing starts you can definitely count me in. Whether you want it or not.

I hope that if they change anything it would be the small details to give us a little different ending which leads to a completely new version of Destiny. The first 14-15 episodes were so good, excluding Cagalli who wasn´t herself, so the potential exists for it to actually be really good throughout the entire show.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2011-11-06 at 07:38. Reason: Grammar
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 07:58   Link #2474
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
First of all, I highly doubt that Destiny characters will make an appearance.
Considering what they did to Mu's helmet in order to bridge the continuity between SEED & Destiny, there's a slight chance that we'll get some cameos from Destiny's characters like Shinn or Durrandal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
But regarding Mu's helmet, there's no point in leaving it in. And you seem to be misunderstanding this. Whether or not Mu's helmet is shown doesn't change anything for SEED. It only has an effect on Destiny. So leaving it out doesn't force you to have to watch Destiny. Ignore Destiny if you want but it's pretty silly to want them to ignore it. Kira does enough screaming as it is. I don't need the computer to do it too.
I understand actually. That Mu's-helmet thing is just my preference. That’s why, in my first post, I said “...what I hope from the BD release”. It doesn’t have to be right for everybody (especially those who love Destiny). It’s just what I wish for. Nothing wrong in making a wish, right? And if, by any chance, Bandai & Sunrise does what I wish, it’ll be a real treat for me.
Old 2011-11-06, 08:00   Link #2475
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
shot? I don't remember Athrun ever shooting Strike's cockpit. The armor was ripped apart by one of Aegis' sabers, then when Athrun was about to give the final blow, the battery turned dry and so he self-destructed it thinking that Kira would be part of the explosion.

isn't that what truly happened?
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 08:03   Link #2476
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I'm just hoping this "remaster" isn't puke inducing to watch.
I mean its not upscaled by cheap method to the death, etc.
Old 2011-11-06, 08:30   Link #2477
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Considering what they did to Mu's helmet in order to bridge the continuity between SEED & Destiny, there's a slight chance that we'll get some cameos from Destiny's characters like Shinn or Durrandal.
Except they don't have to do cameos for that. Any "bridging" that they might want to do is covered by all the SEED flashbacks in Destiny. After someone has fully watched Destiny, they can't say that they haven't seen anything of SEED.

The helmet is the only special case here as far as continuity. (But I personally still think it sucks that Mu survives.)
Quote:
Nothing wrong in making a wish, right?
I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just pointing out the silliness of that idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
shot? I don't remember Athrun ever shooting Strike's cockpit.
Shot here is like camera shot.
Old 2011-11-06, 09:00   Link #2478
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
shot? I don't remember Athrun ever shooting Strike's cockpit. The armor was ripped apart by one of Aegis' sabers, then when Athrun was about to give the final blow, the battery turned dry and so he self-destructed it thinking that Kira would be part of the explosion.

isn't that what truly happened?
He is not talking about shooting with a gun.. He is talking about a 'shot' as part of a film between two cuts.
Old 2011-11-06, 10:47   Link #2479
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

like adding new scene for HD version or unless want to combine scenes for GS special edtion to HD series yea like also whole kira got "flay'd" bed you know what?

besides give might add more got wonder will same seiyu will be back for new audio scenes?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 15:40   Link #2480
tetsuo69

it would be great if all the battles get new scenes

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep