AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-04, 00:08   Link #621
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
And just as much as it can't be animated it NEEDS to be animated...somehow. EP6 was ridiculously epic.
You can't spell NEED without DEEN.

But you don't need DEEN to make an Umineko anime.

Unless no one else wants to.

With all honestly, I don't care how it would turn out because I'd still have the sound novels to turn to. I'd watch it nonetheless.
Old 2010-01-04, 00:19   Link #622
aidmoon

can somebody tell me about the duel between shanon and kanon please?
thank you.
Old 2010-01-04, 00:25   Link #623
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidmoon View Post
thank you.
It was an Ol' West duel. Each of them had a gun, with only one bullet. They walked some steps and they shot. However, only Kanon shot and Shannon dodged. Then Kanon went "Oh, you le didn't" jumped at Shannon and had her gun fly away landing near his. Each other them quickly grabbed a gun, but neither of them know which one had the bullet; so, they decided to just shoot. Shannon's gun had the bullet, and Kanon died.
Old 2010-01-04, 00:26   Link #624
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidmoon View Post
thank you.
It would have been half as heartbreaking as it is if not for the fond memories they have flashing through their heads.
Old 2010-01-04, 00:30   Link #625
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
It would have been half as heartbreaking as it is if not for the fond memories they have flashing through their heads.
Not to mention Moebeato's earlier audience-expy-style pleadings of "Why? Why? Why do they have to do this? Why can't love alone work?" that were ALSO flashing through my head as I saw those T_T.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2010-01-04, 00:32   Link #626
Used Can

I found funny some of the explanations they told her:

- A married man cannot love another woman.
- A person cannot fall in love with his mother.
- You cannot love underages.
Old 2010-01-04, 00:50   Link #627
ameskitty
Kupo

Funny in how completely ridiculous and cruel the comparisons were, yes :/. (although I admit even I laughed a bit at the last two - poor little innocent Moebeato)

Old 2010-01-04, 01:13   Link #628
immblueversion

I have questions about

Spoiler for this:

By the way, these are general questions. I am already familiar with a handful of details presented in one or two of the questions, but nonetheless crave more.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2010-01-04 at 01:23.
Old 2010-01-04, 01:36   Link #629
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
I have questions about

Spoiler for this:

By the way, these are general questions. I am already familiar with a handful of details presented in one or two of the questions, but nonetheless crave more.
Spoiler for that:

Old 2010-01-04, 01:51   Link #630
Raneh
Storyteller

Quote:
I would love to see Chiaki Kon TRY.

But with all due seriousness, I still desire an anime. I don't care what studio makes it, just so long as they keep the seiyuu because I like them.

But I digress.
I'd love to have Chiru animated just to see Yukari Tamura as Bernkastel, it should seriously be funny. On the other hand Chiru has so much more theory and details than Episodes 1-4 that an anime would probably fail miserably at presenting it all.

Spoiler for ep6 thoughts:
Old 2010-01-04, 02:03   Link #631
yuugi99

My rank of eps 6 is kinda in a middle among the series maybe cause there is too much love in this game. With love, I can only see a biased story. What I want is ANSWER.................

Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-04, 02:30   Link #632
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
Spoiler for that:
Spoiler for Another thing that is that:
Old 2010-01-04, 02:36   Link #633
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneh View Post
I'd love to have Chiru animated just to see Yukari Tamura as Bernkastel, it should seriously be funny. On the other hand Chiru has so much more theory and details than Episodes 1-4 that an anime would probably fail miserably at presenting it all.
And since Erika is Bern's double, I imagine hearing Yukari as her as well and sounding something like loli-Rika on crack. Or maybe just regular Bern on twice as much crack. Or something.

I also want it to be animated to see all the seiyuu return because they are too awesome. Sure, there are still drama CDs and such, but I want to see the characters as in the anime again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneh View Post
Spoiler for ep6 thoughts:
It's only natural. Obsessing over bringing back a lost love can really mess up one's judgment.
Old 2010-01-04, 03:42   Link #634
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I agree that the latest episodes hint at some massive geographical alterations in the island, however I won't conclude that it's an explosion just yet because we don't have any information on the nature of the physical alterations just yet. Natural and man-made movements are very different, and whatever clues will be found will clearly distinguish between the two.
Well, the fact that Erika's
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-04, 04:15   Link #635
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I personally can't take completely seriously Erika's tips.
It is interesting and ties with several clues with Episode 1 notably, but remember that the characters TIPS and ending scroll also include fantasy elements, like "sent to hell, devoured by demons" and the like.

I'm not trying to act completely paranoid, but with the utter lack of epilogue and the like, I'm not even sure if the whole stuff regarding that explosion isn't an interpretation itself by the occult maniac, or another red herring crafted by Bern or something of that kind.

And there is one reason for that: it means Erika's red in Episode 6 cannot be applied at all, which is a nonsense for the red truth (seals and what she has done to the 5 dead, and Battler's room).

Except... perhaps it is a tips regarding what happened to Erika in Episode 1-4.
Old 2010-01-04, 05:54   Link #636
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

First summaries for today:

Spoiler for Ep6 summaries:

Yep. First Gold Truth of Ep6.

Spoiler for Gold Truth:
Old 2010-01-04, 07:00   Link #637
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
*snip*
here's a screen saying that the police performed an inspection in the screne of crime, so that would mean that the mansion is intact, as for the corpses?
I understand what you are saying. But if you think about it this way: If an arsonist burns down a house and the authorities investigate the burned down house they are investigating a crime scene a place where a crime was committed.

Even if the mansion was exploded there is still evidence there. A bomb may break everything and spread things around, but the whole area is still the "crime scene" IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
It was an Ol' West duel. Each of them had a gun, with only one bullet. They walked some steps and they shot. However, only Kanon shot and Shannon dodged. Then Kanon went "Oh, you le didn't" jumped at Shannon and had her gun fly away landing near his. Each other them quickly grabbed a gun, but neither of them know which one had the bullet; so, they decided to just shoot. Shannon's gun had the bullet, and Kanon died.

Wow, that really really really sounds like a metaphore for ShKanon. I havn't read the stories, just watched anime & reading manga, but the Shannon=Kanon theory sounded pretty unlikely until I just read that spoiler.

It seems like there is alot of evidence this episode pointing to the fact that only one couple can exists. Shkanon has to choose either to be with george or kanon.

Ew! What if that theory was right and Kanon didnt reveal himself to George until their wedding night. And then was all like "you told me you loved me forever and that you loved me no matter what."

Although there is so much circumstantial evidence this ep pointing towards Shkanon that it is probably a R7 red herring.
Old 2010-01-04, 07:19   Link #638
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I personally can't take completely seriously Erika's tips.
It is interesting and ties with several clues with Episode 1 notably, but remember that the characters TIPS and ending scroll also include fantasy elements, like "sent to hell, devoured by demons" and the like.

I'm not trying to act completely paranoid, but with the utter lack of epilogue and the like, I'm not even sure if the whole stuff regarding that explosion isn't an interpretation itself by the occult maniac, or another red herring crafted by Bern or something of that kind.

And there is one reason for that: it means Erika's red in Episode 6 cannot be applied at all, which is a nonsense for the red truth (seals and what she has done to the 5 dead, and Battler's room).

Except... perhaps it is a tips regarding what happened to Erika in Episode 1-4.
I thought of that, too.
But I found the Tips of Episode 6 to be a bit different, because they actually mention the ficticious world created by the mystery-authors.
In the end it is an equally 'hidden truth' as the fate of the 4th Siesta, you can't actually kill anybody 'new' except Erika, but her's holds real information.
There's no real reason for it to be a lie I think...would be a bad move to make this inconsistent to the storyline, because many people don't even try their way through all the Tips.

I think the person which is assuming the personality of Furudo Erika right now,
the mysterious guest, 18th/17th person, whatever, is probably not even killed along the others...actually if it is as hideous as they describe, anybody could have snuck out.
Adding to that is the fact that many people in several Episode's seem to know that it is best to distance themself from the mansion (Rosa in 2 and Eva in 3)...and we had the wave of golden butterflies in Episode 2, which could as well be burning ash flying around...
Also Shannon and Kanon (even if they were more or less meta-versions of themselves) knew that nobody was to survive the last night...the question is only why they knew that, because I still don't buy it that they all get to keep their memories.

It would also explain Erika's hatred and frustration if something destrcutive as an explosion actually ocurred.
It said in her profile, that there was no evidence found that she ever existed on the island, yet her body wasn't found anywhere else either...so she serves as a completely free roleX for another culprit.
Who knows, maybe the real Furudo Erika (whose soul is now traped in the Gisho-Kakera by Bernkastel) is always killed by her boyfriend and thrown into the ocean...it's a bit far off, but not impossible...
Old 2010-01-04, 09:33   Link #639
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Battler Drama Mode GET!

Okay I won't mock him because I do sort of understand what he's going through. Almost made me shed a tear actually.

Spoiler for Ep6 summaries:

Sorry if the summaries are short and far between. Med school has started for 2010 and I really don't have a lot of time to play. Will put more tomorrow.

Edit - BTW whats the name again of the track that plays while Battler's pretty much all emo over Beato?
Old 2010-01-04, 09:58   Link #640
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
It would also explain Erika's hatred and frustration if something destrcutive as an explosion actually ocurred.
It said in her profile, that there was no evidence found that she ever existed on the island, yet her body wasn't found anywhere else either...so she serves as a completely free roleX for another culprit.
Who knows, maybe the real Furudo Erika (whose soul is now traped in the Gisho-Kakera by Bernkastel) is always killed by her boyfriend and thrown into the ocean...it's a bit far off, but not impossible...

I was thinking about something...
And if Erika is just a ghost that doesn't know that she is dead?
Everyone's interaction with her is just fantasy, but she herself doesn't know it...

...obviously I'm just saying without any proofs, I was just thinking, that's it. I would say that she could be a personification of Maria's rose or something, but that's impossible XD

Closed Thread