AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-11, 07:03   Link #781
Jourdal

Lol...i dropped Bleach as well...sometime after the girmmjow battle.

I treat bleach like HS, we have reunions when certain characters came back, i came back to read Ulquiorra's last stand and the reurn of the vizard since i liked them.

Have they explained Yammy being 0 yet? that was the clincher for quitting bleach.
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 08:22   Link #782
Dark Mage

I dropped both Bleach and One Piece and now only read Naruto.
Old 2009-09-11, 08:53   Link #783
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jourdal View Post
Lol...i dropped Bleach as well...sometime after the girmmjow battle.

I treat bleach like HS, we have reunions when certain characters came back, i came back to read Ulquiorra's last stand and the reurn of the vizard since i liked them.

Have they explained Yammy being 0 yet? that was the clincher for quitting bleach.
Don't think so. I dropped it shortly after the Vizards returned and I realized that after like a year of the same battle... it was just getting restarted with a new group added in. That was the nail in the coffin for me.

It was bad enough that the whole Espada arc is a complete repeat of the Soul Society arc (with just a different girl needing rescuing), just longer. The fact that the story came to a complete standstill and half the main characters haven't even been seen in like a year (whatever happened to Chad, Ishida and my favorite character, Rukia) just turned it into a snore fest. It'd be fine if he actually had some storyline mixed in there, but it's all fighting all the time, with the same formula of guy gets beat > levels up > other guy levels up > rinse and repeat until bad guy dies about 100 chapters later.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 12:38   Link #784
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Here are the spoilers for the next chapter:

http://imepita.jp/20090911/584900
http://imepita.jp/20090911/585100
http://imepita.jp/20090911/585820
http://imepita.jp/20090911/585990

Seems like this confrontation has taken a turn towards weird...
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 12:45   Link #785
Jourdal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I dropped both Bleach and One Piece and now only read Naruto.
One piece? in favor of naruto? well to each his own i guess

Was that a kamehameha in the last pic O_O
Old 2009-09-11, 12:58   Link #786
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jourdal View Post
One piece? in favor of naruto? well to each his own i guess

Was that a kamehameha in the last pic O_O
Nope! the third pic show the brat with a matches in his hand and big grin on his face, and look like he set everyone on fire
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 13:10   Link #787
Johnny
Working the bags...

Be pretty nice if the fire burned so hot that it manifested itself and burned the actual manga and went away for good...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 13:15   Link #788
Jourdal

Lol Medaka can make that happen.
Old 2009-09-11, 13:26   Link #789
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Those four pictures.... made absolutely no sense. I saw a bunch of gumballs (or marbles), a pack of matches and a big blast. That's about it. At least from 17's spoiler pics, you could tell what stupidity was coming (Medaka saving everyone).

I'm wondering is NisiOisiN is just popping some LSD while writing this. It'd be a great explanation as to the rampant stupidity we've seen so far and why Medaka's powers are the only focus of of the manga. Not to mention any lack of cohesion or character depth and the guy who should be the main character playing the part of the stooge. It's as if Zenkichi's whole purpose is to sit there and go "Ooooh... Ahhhh!" at everything Medaka and the other superpowered kids do. I guess it's hard to make a good story when you're hallucinating.

That last pic looks like the blast is going after someone. It'll probably be another week or two until this stupidity ends... and only another couple months until the manga itself ends if he just keep repeating this over and over. I don't like to quote Bakuman, as it's drama-based and not super realistic, but what they say is true-- gag mangas tend to be unpopular... and Medaka is nothing but a gag manga right now.

Nishio Ishin... I expected so much more.

Sadly, no matter how dumb the chapter might be, there will be people who will be saying "OMG! MEDAKA IS SO AWESOME!!!1!!11!1 THIS IZ TEH BEST MANGA EVAH!!!" when the scanlation comes out.
Old 2009-09-11, 13:40   Link #790
AKnightWhoSaysNi!
Bring me a shrubbery!

Maybe that blast will take the whole series with it... sure hope it does.
AKnightWhoSaysNi! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 13:57   Link #791
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnightWhoSaysNi! View Post
Maybe that blast will take the whole series with it... sure hope it does.
That would be funny if it was the last chapter and no one knew about it, with everyone dying in a big ball of fire (except Medaka, of course-- her next power is immunity to fire). :P

The manga has just really lost sight of it's characters and I think that's causing most of the problems. Not only has it ignored character development in favor of the Medaka Power of the Week (or in C17's case, POWERS), but the whole thing has been formulaic.

With the exception of Zenkichi, every person on the Council and most likely Onigase, who'll be the VP, has been an antagonist turned into a good guy. They were then given one whole chapter to establish a base personality before being tossed aside and having a new character introduced. I know he probably wants to get the Council introduction arcs over with, but having everyone entering the same way (bad guy turned good by Medaka's lovefest) and then giving them almost no development is not the way to go about it. That's how you end up with 18 chapters of nothing. :\

I figure we'll get about 3-4 more chapters of this fight with Onigase joining the Council in the end as the VP. Then she'll get one chapter of development and a new enemy will appear to test Medaka while the others sit to the side and look on, commenting on how great she is.
Old 2009-09-11, 21:32   Link #792
Jze0
Hmmm...

Spoiler for ch. 18:
Old 2009-09-11, 21:37   Link #793
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
We kinda got that from the spoilers, but this make things more amusing.

Last edited by Kurosu; 2009-09-11 at 22:09.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 21:57   Link #794
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Spoiler for ch. 18:
Judging by his ass, he can plays with TNT
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 23:04   Link #795
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
That last pic looks like the blast is going after someone. It'll probably be another week or two until this stupidity ends... and only another couple months until the manga itself ends if he just keep repeating this over and over. I don't like to quote Bakuman, as it's drama-based and not super realistic, but what they say is true-- gag mangas tend to be unpopular... and Medaka is nothing but a gag manga right now.
I would have to disagree, there are plenty of good gag mangas out there(i.e. Gintama/hayate combat butler). Its just not good where we don't expect them to be, and most importantly, they have to be done right.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 23:12   Link #796
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
You don't have to look far to see another gag manga is doing very well - ie. Beelzebub. Medaka Box right now is just a mess. Characters aren't interesting, jokes (if there were any) weren't funny, no plot advancement, fights weren't exciting. Of course those are just my own thoughts on it and others might still find it intriguing with the recent desperate shift to a battle manga.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 23:18   Link #797
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
I would have to disagree, there are plenty of good gag mangas out there(i.e. Gintama/hayate combat butler). Its just not good where we don't expect them to be, and most importantly, they have to be done right.
How about saying making a good gag manga to survive Jump is much harder than action manga? If you are say about manga in general, there are definitely much more gag manga than action/adventure shounen out there.

Though I never expected Medaka box to be a gag manga in the first place. I thought it was a freaking fan-service romance story.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 23:24   Link #798
KLGChaos
The Shermain

After flipping through chapter 18s RAWS:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-12, 00:17   Link #799
Jourdal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
You don't have to look far to see another gag manga is doing very well - ie. Beelzebub. Medaka Box right now is just a mess. Characters aren't interesting, jokes (if there were any) weren't funny, no plot advancement, fights weren't exciting. Of course those are just my own thoughts on it and others might still find it intriguing with the recent desperate shift to a battle manga.
At this point you are far from alone.

Were not even getting fanservice anymore...the artist seemed to be the only one that realized women had hip >_>

All jokes aside i agree with KLG yet again...the one shot and even the early chapters weren't this ridiculous..i have so many other manga to read if want fights and with to love ru over i thought this would be my "something different" manga.
Old 2009-09-12, 09:51   Link #800
Jourdal

After reading the raw and translation..turns out she saved the enforcers and not Zenkichi...Akune used to be a bully, Swim girl has her own Zenkichi and Zenkichi says he may not as tough as Akune but he's a handful as well..didn't expect that to happen.

Last edited by Jourdal; 2009-09-12 at 10:52.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council