AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-07, 01:25   Link #261
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
*Game was WAY too short (I beat the game in 24.7 hours with semi-stealth/frontal assault)
Hello? 25 hours is not "too short", especially for an incomplete normal playthrough. If anything, the game length was pleasantly long. I played the full-exploration stealth approach and ended up with 35 hours. Don't know any other FPS that offered this much gameplay.

Quote:
*Not enough weapons...seriously...and why did they have to take out melee too Q_Q
Letsee...

Pistol, Revolver, Stun gun, Tranq Rifle, PEPS Gun, Machine Pistol, Sniper Rifle, Combat Rifle, Shotgun, Crossbow, Rocket Launcher, Heavy Rifle, Laser Rifle, Plasma Rifle, Typhoon... makes 15, which means more than most full shooters have. And with nonlethal/lethal takedowns we have melee in two forms, too. Add in the 4 grenade types, Mine templates and weapon mods, and I don't know what you're complaining about.

Quote:
*Last but not least, lack of a free world!! I know it's an FPS, but there could have been more free world options similar to that of Crysis.
/me aborts reading to protect remaining braincells. You compare the game to Crysis? ^_^;
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 03:13   Link #262
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
No idea what kind of games Scanner has been playing because FPS games don't usually last even half of the duration of Deus Ex, and RPG's don't last much longer either. (Well, depends on a game but most RPG's I play have lasted 30-60 hours, with FFTA2 being the only exception with 100+ hours).

I also feel the game was too short, but that's only because I thought the game was amazing and should have lasted longer.

*facepalm* at comparing Deus Ex to something like Crysis where the story is irrelevant and all you do is run around in a city (or island) and shoot stuff. And if you're gonna compare the game to Crysis, you might want to remember that there was like five weapons in Crysis.. Go play borderlands if you want LOTS of different weapons.
Old 2011-09-07, 05:03   Link #263
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009

"I'll take the wristblades. I like to make a cinematic takedown." - Kirbyoto2098
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 10:16   Link #264
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for spoilers:

Spoiler for And a few tongue-in-cheek references revealed:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-09-07 at 11:17.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 15:15   Link #265
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post

*Game was just way too easy. I played on normal
Wimp, real men plays the Deus EX games on the hardest difficulty for maximum fun.

And I stopped at the comparison to Crysis that has no place here.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 20:16   Link #266
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Spoiler for And a few tongue-in-cheek references revealed:
Oh you know us; always welcoming questionable foreign mercenary contractors

From that you know that National Service has been abolished in 2027
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 08:41   Link #267
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oh you know us; always welcoming questionable foreign mercenary contractors

From that you know that National Service has been abolished in 2027
This year we will have Belltower. Next year we will have Bluewater. Even Jemaah Islamiah terrorists would be scared.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 09:00   Link #268
scr
my sides are in orbit

Finally got to play this on somebody else's monstrous gaming rig (the kind that will cause local heat wave if not cooled properly).
I have to say that I'm thrilled, excited, ecstatic, awed, and exalted. Finally, the kind of FPS game that doesn't make me feel dumber during and after I play it.
Cyberpunk and post-cyberpunk has always been the call in my life, and Ghost in the Shell was amongst my very first anime experience (and at an age to too tender to watch it, too).
This game gives me that sensation of marvel and dread about what humans can achieve / what humans are capable to inflict upon themselves.
Jensen isn't some kind of faceless cog in a military-industrial complex (unlike the protagonists in some FPS games I can mention). He has his says about his place and his aspirations in the world, gets to act on at least some of his principles, and looks darned cool doing so.
And his choice matters, as it should be in a game where the premise is that you can exceed human limitations.

Gameplay wise, it astonish me about how you can go through the entire game without killing anyone. OK, almost no one. (You have to kill the bosses.) It fits the theme of the game: this era is supposed to be awesome, and you can have your part in making it so-- starting with not killing anyone.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 01:33   Link #269
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post

It will be in stores on September 9th in Japan. Is it me or did I just heard Kugimiya Rie's voice at the end of the trailer?
Yep, and apparently Atsuko Tanaka, Hiroki Yatsumoto and Shuichi Ikeda voices the big name characters. I think Atsuko Tanaka is either the black ops female soldier or the big bad.
Old 2011-09-10, 01:47   Link #270
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Welp, finally got around to picking this up thanks to ya'll.

Only just started and I can say I'm not disappointed. Game turned out to be just what I was hoping for. FPS with simplistic RPG elements.~

It's seriously like I'm playing the lovechild of Metal Gear Solid and BioShock. Which is a good thing.~
Old 2011-09-10, 04:09   Link #271
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Yep, and apparently Atsuko Tanaka, Hiroki Yatsumoto and Shuichi Ikeda voices the big name characters. I think Atsuko Tanaka is either the black ops female soldier or the big bad.
Do you have the list of Japanese VAs for the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It's seriously like I'm playing the lovechild of Metal Gear Solid and BioShock. Which is a good thing.~
Hmm, I wouldn't say like Bioshock because most of Bioshock's abilities are active while Deus Ex's abilities are mostly passive... I personally think Crysis 2 is more similar in that sense as it only has a few active abilities as well.
Old 2011-09-10, 10:59   Link #272
勝利は単純な魂の中に

Wait, why is "Human Revolution" missing from the title? They do know that there's another Dues Ex right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Do you have the list of Japanese VAs for the game?
Adam - Hiroki Yasumoto

Megan - Mie Sonozaki

Sarif - Shuuichi Ikeda

Eliza - Rie Kugimiya (but Eliza isn't a tsundere lol)

Others - Motomu Kiyokawa, Kiyoshi Kobayashi, Tesshou Genda, Tooru Ookawa, Junichi Suwabe, Atsuko Tanaka, Yuko Kaida, Akeno Watanabe
Avatar of Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 11:10   Link #273
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar of Dreams View Post

Nothing a little imagination can't fix!

"Don't misunderstand! I'm not tracking you because I'm worried or anything!"

"I can't help you... But I will... But only just a little you hear me?!"

"I-It's not like I want to help you or anything!"

"Sigh, your hopeless...Fine I'll tell you what you want... But only this once!"

"ADAM BAKA BAKA BAKA~ >_< !!! I don't care about you anymore!!!"
Old 2011-09-10, 12:42   Link #274
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Wow, I guess I won't mention Crisis, not even to mention just the name O_O. You all could at least have read what comparison to Crisis I had said before saying the pathetic "I stopped reading when...". Probably not going re-read what I posted so I'll say it again in a different way that is not referring to Crisis so here goes:"They should have let you be able to pick up more than just a heavy box or small box due to the so called arm enhancements. You'd think you'd be able to pick up the computers, a small piece of metal or something and throw it." Sound better?

As for weapon choice, I guess 15 is a lot (and I really don't consider grenades as a "main weapon"). But you don't some of the weapons till much later in the game =/.

@ Sheba
If you read more, I'm playing on hard as well still just as easy. Only difference I see is that you just take more damage and health regen is slower.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”

Last edited by barcode120x; 2011-09-10 at 12:54.
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 13:14   Link #275
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Played it, loved it, got pacifist on first run and hardest difficulty.
Old 2011-09-10, 14:48   Link #276
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I'm glad to hear this, her talents were being wasted on that constant typecasting the bitchy tsundere.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 17:48   Link #277
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm glad to hear this, her talents were being wasted on that constant typecasting the bitchy tsundere.
Sadly, it wouldn't matter because nobody would ever remember her for any other roles.
Old 2011-09-10, 19:10   Link #278
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Adam - Hiroki Yasumoto
That's surprisingly quite a nice fit. Yasumoto has a deep yet gentle voice, the level i find that Elias Toufexis has hit perfectly with the role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It's seriously like I'm playing the lovechild of Metal Gear Solid and Ghost in the Shell. Which is a good thing.~
That's better.
Old 2011-09-11, 02:51   Link #279
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hello? 25 hours is not "too short", especially for an incomplete normal playthrough. If anything, the game length was pleasantly long. I played the full-exploration stealth approach and ended up with 35 hours. Don't know any other FPS that offered this much gameplay.
If he's comparing it to Fallout 3/New Vegas, of course it's going to feel short, but this game actually has more content than either of the previous DX titles (and much more than Invisible War).

Compared to pure shooters, it's three times as long as the average FPS.
Old 2011-09-11, 22:22   Link #280
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post

"I'll take the wristblades. I like to make a cinematic takedown." - Kirbyoto2098
I can't believe that's an actual mod! Has anyone played it yet? I don't have the original game on hand to try it out.

another vid of the mod here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yi4zw8pnOc

Last edited by Decagon; 2011-09-11 at 22:35.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote