AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 25 25.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 22.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 18.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 11.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.02%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-22, 23:44   Link #21
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
At best underwhelming... the first half added absolutely nothing we already didn't know or could easily guess; as for the second half, like the last episodes was dry and uninspired... not content-wise, but presentation-wise.

All in all, the studio/staff choice was a total miscast, I am certain that it would have fared much better at the hands of the more innovative and cheap studios. But despite all the negatives, the source material was really strong and despite the anime's deficiencies held the show together.
Old 2011-12-22, 23:45   Link #22
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Is it just me, or has sound effects been added to the OP?
not just you. the real question though was whether it was the fansubbers or the creators that put that in.
Old 2011-12-22, 23:46   Link #23
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
not just you. the real question though was whether it was the fansubbers or the creators that put that in.
They're also in the raws I got from both Japan and Korea.
Old 2011-12-22, 23:49   Link #24
Midonin
Last Engage

When subbers mess with sound, it's a lot less subtle.
Old 2011-12-23, 00:42   Link #25
Excorsism

Does Yozora adore Kobato or something? I never see her actually tease her. So different from Sena, lol.
Old 2011-12-23, 00:58   Link #26
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

This didn't end up at all like I was originally expecting. Glad to see the series managed to close out in a satisfactory way, rather than cramming an omake down our throats like I thought it was originally planning to do. You can blame it on the misleading episode preview last week.

While I think the flashback with Yozora's POV was totally unnecessary, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't interesting to see all the "behind the scenes" stuff with Yozora regrdless. (Maria was being such a mean brat too. Children like that deserve discipline, so to me Yozora's slap was totally justified there.)

And Yozora's now our resident reverse-trap. Is it just me or are they starting to slightly change her features now that her hair is shorter to make her look more masculine?

Anyway, all-in-all this series was entertaining, and that's as little as I could have asked for from it so I'm not disappointed. I'm not really willing to go out of my way for anything else pertaining to it (light novel, merch etc.), but I liked it enough that I definitely will watch a second season of the show if one is ever broadcast.
Old 2011-12-23, 01:18   Link #27
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Does Yozora adore Kobato or something? I never see her actually tease her. So different from Sena, lol.
I always think it's because Yozora doesn't really have reason to tease her. For Maria it's because she's a little brat with sharp tongue, Sena is because for Yozora her looks is an epitome for riajuu she really hates (though later she knew Sena is far from riajuu, Sena's personality still not a breeze for her XD), and Rika is because she is *the awesome* Rka Though she also doesn't really has any reason to tease Yukimura but she made Yukimura wore maid outfit and female swimsuit anyway

Or maybe because like she said on this episode, she doesn't hate children and Kobato is Kodaka's sister. As twisted Yozora is, she doesn't want to be seen as the girl who teased her (ex?)best friend's sister by said best friend, does she?
Old 2011-12-23, 01:30   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
At best underwhelming... the first half added absolutely nothing we already didn't know or could easily guess;
No, they definitely have to show it because it's obvious from the last three months in this subforum a lot of people here can't take a hint.

So Leave nothing to chance.
Old 2011-12-23, 01:36   Link #29
lightsenshi
Author

I was satisfied with the ending, personally. I felt the entire series was a good investment of time.
Old 2011-12-23, 02:07   Link #30
EroKing

Rika basically stole the show with her few seconds of appearance.

Spoiler for Rika's exercise regime for dat perfect ass:

Old 2011-12-23, 05:49   Link #31
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

All in all, the studio/staff choice was a total miscast, I am certain that it would have fared much better at the hands of the more innovative and cheap studios.
You mean, Shaft and Shinbo?

I guess we would have seen more of Yozora's legs, knowing Shinbo's appeal.

on-topic:
How do I think that the recap was handled? Not too bad, but it sure helped to see some events from Yozora's pov, someone I think did not totally deserve all the flak. This also helped to see the differences between Yozora and Kodaka, and how they views the club. The former, to spend happy sweet time with Taka, the latter, to expand his circle of friends. Whether this eventually conflicts or not, I hope this gets covered by a new season if the show ever gets one.

It was a good ending episode, altho it could have done better, especially with the few QUALITY faces here and there. I was at first cautious about the recap, but understanding Yozora better, and seeing my club of borderline sociopaths goofing around like before reminds me why I watched the show in the first place.

7/10
Old 2011-12-23, 05:55   Link #32
LC
Shocking Pink

No one here has said it, but I've found it interesting that people complained that it was a "standard harem open ending." If Kodaka had ended up with either of the girls this episode, it would've been way too quick, imo.
Old 2011-12-23, 06:02   Link #33
novalysis

Quote:
At best underwhelming... the first half added absolutely nothing we already didn't know or could easily guess; as for the second half, like the last episodes was dry and uninspired... not content-wise, but presentation-wise.
I'd imagine that it'll be very hard to do the mind-set shift that the plot of season 2 will probably require to comprehend some of the light novel materials that will almost certainly make it to season 2.
Spoiler for Light Novel:
. much of season 2 will be agonizing if they can't make the viewers at least understand where Yozora is coming from. Given the amounts of Yozora Hate , episode 12 was just the thing to prevent the hate from being directed at the plot itself if there is a Season 2 faithful to the light-novels.

I'd say that the First half is a rather nice execution of a re-cap episode . If this was Episode 1 of Season2 , I'd imagine that most people will claim that this is how you do a recap - showing a re-cap of the first season from Yozora's POV actually might allow you to pick up the anime right from then instead of watching this season , in a hypothetical first season.

The last episode has a very " Sequel" feel from my persepctive. Consider that it's basically an adaptation of the opening chapters of volume 4 ... that's not particularly surprising. I was actually expecting a whole re-cap of the story from Yozora's perspective , in my opinion . I thought that the second half was going to be about Sena (and as an aside , the rest of the Neighbors club) from Yozora perspective , told through a summary of ever episode.

Because , the only way to sympathize with Yozora is to see where she is coming from ,and what really goes on in her mind. I'd imagine , too that that's why Sena became so popular after her Pool Scene with Kodaka , since we got a peek into her mind too. By the way , has anyone noticed that Sena seems so much more vinicative and cruel in this episode compared to Yozora? Perhaps it's because we just saw the world through Sora's eyes

Perspective changes everything.
Old 2011-12-23, 06:27   Link #34
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
By the way , has anyone noticed that Sena seems so much more vinicative and cruel in this episode compared to Yozora? Perhaps it's because we just saw the world through Sora's eyes

Perspective changes everything.
No, I just saw Sena as the same old Niku who tried to grab a chance at settling a few accounts
Old 2011-12-23, 06:42   Link #35
Sixth
Hu Tao

Excellent episode.

Really like the conversation between Yozora and Sena. Sena is so cute. Actually, it is amazing that Sena instantly recognize Yozora than other girls.
Old 2011-12-23, 06:52   Link #36
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
You mean, Shaft and Shinbo?

I guess we would have seen more of Yozora's legs, knowing Shinbo's appeal.
SilverLink/Oonuma, BrainsBase, maybe GAINAX
Old 2011-12-23, 06:53   Link #37
mironicus

Quote:
has anyone noticed that Sena seems so much more vinicative and cruel in this episode compared to Yozora?
It's just teasing. She explains it herself: She does not have much chances to tease her in the first place.

Now we have to wait a year for a second season? Come on...

I hope we get some extra scenes in the BD and also some bonus material like in OreImo (for example animated commentary).
Old 2011-12-23, 07:36   Link #38
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The Yozora's POV was a bit weird. Seeing Yozora all deredere like that was just a bit strange and like others said, it didn't really add anything we didn't already know (well it did show that Yozora wasn't a complete jackass to Maria when they first met), but I guess may be it was the type of thing that needed conformation despite being highly obvious. What followed after was quite good though. Kodaka talking to Yozora about it and the entire club's reaction (though it was VERY weird to see Yozora follow through with Rika's request and actually wear it).

Overall it was a decent finish to the series.
Old 2011-12-23, 07:40   Link #39
abc0716

The first 40% of the episode is recap, but it's from Yozora's point of view instead.

Pretty amuse that the classmates though Kodaka has 'did something' on Yozora, and nobody (other club members) are able to identify short-haired Yozura until Kodaka reveals the identity of the 'crazy hot hunk' (from Maria's initial point of view, until 'he' wants to 'eat' her )

And heh, that uniform provided by Rika looks resemble with Suzaku / Lelouch's school shirt, maybe.

Rating of the final episode of Haganai: 7/10

Last edited by abc0716; 2011-12-23 at 07:59.
Old 2011-12-23, 07:46   Link #40
Malkuth
Banned

@Haak/Excorsism: Yozora only bullied those provoking her on a regular basis, so Maria being an annoying brat was expected (not that she improved after their first meeting). Also that's the reason she does not pick on Kobato, actually defends her from dangerous predators such as Rika and Sena.

Oh! and as for going along with Rika's request, well we know how things turned out when she tried to resist
Closed Thread