AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-08, 10:06   Link #21
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Luffy and Cavendish may do a good combi... lol! Join the crew and you will get the fame, Cav!

Luffy's attempt to hide his identity is amusing... he's truly become adult now (he used to not be able to do it at all)

how Bartholomew beat him? using another stronger type of Haki?
Old 2013-05-08, 10:08   Link #22
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Hordy's crazy super drugged mode.
In the anime maybe...Manga Hodi tanked through a lot of shots from Luffy but he was clearly taking damage from them.
Old 2013-05-08, 10:09   Link #23
ronin myael
lost ronin

durandal eh? i wonder if oda will also include other legendary swords like excalibur, joyeuse and clarent later on. based on the legends surrounding durandal, it's quite powerful and supposed to be indestructible. legends say that it once belonged to hector of troy but its most famous wielder is roland, a warrior in charlemagne's court. no wonder cavendish has survived in the new world without a DF, that sword is badass!
Old 2013-05-08, 10:22   Link #24
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
durandal eh? i wonder if oda will also include other legendary swords like excalibur, joyeuse and clarent later on. based on the legends surrounding durandal, it's quite powerful and supposed to be indestructible. legends say that it once belonged to hector of troy but its most famous wielder is roland, a warrior in charlemagne's court. no wonder cavendish has survived in the new world without a DF, that sword is badass!
Well, the sword may be indestructible, but that's useless if you're a shitty swordsman - Cavendish is pretty strong (or should I say pretty and strong ).
Old 2013-05-08, 10:33   Link #25
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Well, the sword may be indestructible, but that's useless if you're a shitty swordsman - Cavendish is pretty strong (or should I say pretty and strong ).
i doubt he's shitty. he has survived this long in the new world. he would have died already if he didn't know how to wield that powerful sword.
Old 2013-05-08, 11:10   Link #26
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Holy hell, Bellamy's attack's gonna get so censored in anime. One of the most brutal things I've ever seen in entire One Piece.
Old 2013-05-08, 11:11   Link #27
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

don chinjao seems pretty confident when he said to luffy and cavendish, "you two have talent but it's far too soon for you to be facing me..."

this might be true since he took luffy's shot and got up like it was nothing...
he even stopped the durandal...
n chinjao is not even in his prime anymore...

looks like luffy is still not at "admiral" level yet like some people believe he to be after the timeskip...
Old 2013-05-08, 12:20   Link #28
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
don chinjao seems pretty confident when he said to luffy and cavendish, "you two have talent but it's far too soon for you to be facing me..."

this might be true since he took luffy's shot and got up like it was nothing...
he even stopped the durandal...
n chinjao is not even in his prime anymore...

looks like luffy is still not at "admiral" level yet like some people believe he to be after the timeskip...
Not wanting to re-ignite the endless debate on Luffy's current strength, I do want to point out that judging overall strength for any parties involved based on a hit such as that is laughable.

It's like saying Admiral Kizaru wouldn't stand a chance against Rayliegh since Rayleigh deflected his attack way back when on the Sabaody Archipelago.

That said, I will agree with the general consensus that Don Chinjao taking that hit and seemingly shrugging it off like that is impressive in itself.
Old 2013-05-08, 13:46   Link #29
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Gear 2nd + third + Haki is enough for him. Gigant Jet Cannon Bazooka!
Old 2013-05-08, 13:59   Link #30
marvelB

Wow, Don Chinjao really IS a beast! And Cavendish is certainly no slouch either, considering how he blocked the old man's assault. And due to the current circumstances, I won't be the least bit surprised if Cap'n Bishie decides to crash into C-block's battle to gain vengeance on Luffy. He DID say he didn't care about getting disqualified after all (which pretty much means a default win for Rebecca in D-block, of course).

As for the ministory, I SO called the rebel commander being the old lady's son/grandson. Didn't expect him to be dead, though......
Old 2013-05-08, 14:07   Link #31
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I found it funny how none of the guards intervened in that quick brawl. They were probably to busy wetting themeselves. But, hey, so would I. Bartolomeo's ability is intriguing. It seems like he's able to somehow deflect attacks. At least physical ones. That may prove a nuisance for Bellamy. Physical attacks is all he really has, and I doubt that he'll end up outwitting his opponent. He has never struck me as a particularly bright guy. Maybe it will just come down to simply overpowering Bartolomeo with sheer force. For that he would need his df abilities and a few places to bounce off and about the colosseum, like he did back in the fight against Luffy, where he jumped back and fourth between the buildings. I doubt the colosseum is build in a way that would allow that kind of strategy, though. I mean it's basically one giant flat circle. Maybe Bartolomeo will turn out victorious.
Old 2013-05-08, 14:15   Link #32
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I loved the panel where Luffy kept denying he is not Luffy and saying he is Lucy with that funny face along with people blaming him that he attracts enemies.
Old 2013-05-08, 14:47   Link #33
marvelB

Okay, now I'm wondering: Barto's "barrier" was able to deflect Hack's punch, but what about that king's? I mean, Dagama claimed that the king's punch is powerful enough to knock out one of the yonkou, so maybe he'd make a good test for how strong Barto's power is? At least, as long as the arena is still standing afterwards?
Old 2013-05-08, 15:27   Link #34
janipani

This old man powers up DBZ style. Awesome!

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2013-05-08, 16:21   Link #35
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Holy shit! Luffy is Lucy!?
Old 2013-05-08, 16:27   Link #36
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Okay, now I'm wondering: Barto's "barrier" was able to deflect Hack's punch, but what about that king's? I mean, Dagama claimed that the king's punch is powerful enough to knock out one of the yonkou, so maybe he'd make a good test for how strong Barto's power is? At least, as long as the arena is still standing afterwards?
It will be pretty exciting to see the King's punch as a test to anyone's power. It would be nice if it actually lands and he doesn't hit Dagama by accident

It looks like Chinjao and Sai have numbers tattooed on them, has anyone seen one on Boo?
Old 2013-05-08, 19:39   Link #37
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Holy hell, Bellamy's attack's gonna get so censored in anime. One of the most brutal things I've ever seen in entire One Piece.
Hm. I'd call getting half your face punched off more brutal .

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Whether it's haki, or a 'barrier' or 'deflect'-fruit ability, his strength is quite impressive. Seeing as how Hack is one-shotting all the new world fodder with his punch, but Barto blocks that force without any effort. Makes you think what he can deflect with full effort..
Old 2013-05-08, 23:13   Link #38
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
You read my comment from the last thread
LuffyxCavendish 4Lifekids
Ruined it for ya
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2013-05-09, 04:21   Link #39
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Didn't he basically do the same thing Robin always does with her enemies? Just a bit different.

Hope the B-Block battle is over soon, so we can move on to block C.
Ah yea, I remember her doing some other version of this to Spandam till she went berserk and brake him in two. But the scene sure made my jaw ache for a while

Im also impressed that new Bellamy is not relying on pure df power unlike most paramecia. In a full scale combat arena we only saw him using his devil fruit once. Didnt even used his signature hopper ability that can probably take out most combatants in there easily.
Old 2013-05-09, 06:47   Link #40
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Ah yea, I remember her doing some other version of this to Spandam till she went berserk and brake him in two. But the scene sure made my jaw ache for a while

Im also impressed that new Bellamy is not relying on pure df power unlike most paramecia. In a full scale combat arena we only saw him using his devil fruit once. Didnt even used his signature hopper ability that can probably take out most combatants in there easily.
It's most likely even more faster/powerful/both after the skip.I dunno,I'm rooting for Bartolomeo,I like his style xD
Closed Thread