AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-09-16, 15:46   Link #221
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I can "me, too" that I've never had anything but excellent service from DVDpacific and nice selection. Animecastle, on the other hand, has sold me bootleg DVDs twice now portraying them as the real thing a year or two ago and I will not purchase from them again (both bootlegs were abysmal quality -- even the fansub raws of the same series were much better quality).

I also can't seem to get Animecastle to stop sending me mail despite unsubscribing several times now.

I also have good luck with nipponexport.com, cdjapan.co.jp, and a few others so its not like I'm adverting for DVDpacific. YMMV, of course.
Old 2006-09-16, 17:44   Link #222
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Right Stuff is having a hugh sale on selected genon titles.

25 dvds for $100
10 dvds for $50

Both offers eligible for free shipping.

Bought:

Melody of Oblivion 1-6
Mermaid Forrest 1-4
Ah My goddess Movie
Haibane Renmei 1-4
Last Exile 4-7
Tsukihime 1-3
Vandread vol3
Gatekeeper21 1-2
Old 2006-09-16, 23:11   Link #223
Agallion

Send a message via AIM to Agallion
im looking to buy the full tv series of Hunter X Hunter i dont care to much about the ovas but its ok it they have those also, ive found a few places but they have like..78 episodes on 7 discs <_<....
Agallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 00:33   Link #224
bayoab

There are no legal copies of Hunter X Hunter in region 1.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 00:35   Link #225
Madlax26

Hey Guy's Thanks For the quick Replies. I'm off to go place my first order with dvd Pacific.
Madlax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 08:34   Link #226
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Is Honey & Clover Live-Action Movie is out on DVD yet?
Old 2006-10-15, 20:40   Link #227
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Does anyone know where I can get Region 2 DVDs of SHUFFLE! and Da Capo that have English subtitles? The other day I unknowingly bought bootleg boxsets of both series off eBay (yes that was stupid). I'm quite keen to get my hands on the real DVDs.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 00:28   Link #228
Tower of Death

70's / early 80's Anime

Greetings,

I'm having a reallllllly tough time tracking down some of the finer anime from my childhood. Votoms, Space Runaway Ideon, Layzner, Vernian Vifam, Gundam, and other assorted action type anime's. I'm looking to purchase them (ANY format) if anyone here could shed light on the subject i'd greatly appreciate it. I'm also open to any suggestions of this same time frame. Thank you.
Tower of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 00:55   Link #229
tsukiko-chan

buy anime

there is a rental site called rentanime.com they have the best anime ever made.

they are not just renting though, they also sell the disks as well

example: every gundam made, iczer, blue gender, burst angel, cowboy bebop, thats only nameing the ones off the top of my head
tsukiko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 02:06   Link #230
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Blue Comet SPT Layzner DVDs?

Anybody know where I can find these? The few places I find it are either out of stock with no sign of restocking and/or does not have the complete series.
Old 2006-10-31, 16:15   Link #231
Madlax26

How Reputable Is The Store HMV Japan? Do They Sell only legitimate Japanese Imports Because it looks like a Fairly Good Store, But I wanted opinion's of people who have shoppedcthere before Thanks.

Last edited by Madlax26; 2006-11-06 at 01:18.
Madlax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 18:02   Link #232
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Zoids DVD releases and such

Basically what i want to know, is if there is a site that sells box sets for any of the series? I like them all, but they seem to be low key, and hard to find. if any one knows anything, i would be greatful.
Old 2006-11-28, 18:21   Link #233
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Basically what i want to know, is if there is a site that sells box sets for any of the series? I like them all, but they seem to be low key, and hard to find. if any one knows anything, i would be greatful.
As far as I'm aware, there are no official R1 boxsets. You could most likely find bootlegs but then they would be illegal (see The generic "Is this a bootleg" thread).

Not sure which series you are after but they seem available at the usual on-line stores and quite cheap, under $10 per disc.

Here's a link to DVDPacific if you seach for "Zoids"

Zoids Chaotic Century: Episodes 1 to 67, 11 volumes (mostly 6 eps per DVD), under $10 per DVD.

Zoids Zero: Episodes 1 to 26, 6 volumes (mostly 4 eps per DVD), under $10 per DVD
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 16:53   Link #234
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

"Animation Runner Kuromi-chan"

This is interesting me. It doesn't seem to be licensed, but I can't find a torrent for it. There's a second OAV too it seems, again, no torrent though. Shame, as it looks like a good watch

edit: Guess it's possible it was never even subbed, which would explain the lack of a torrent. Any group with some free time (hah) willing to do it?
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 17:04   Link #235
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
"Animation Runner Kuromi-chan"

This is interesting me. It doesn't seem to be licensed, but I can't find a torrent for it. There's a second OAV too it seems, again, no torrent though. Shame, as it looks like a good watch

edit: Guess it's possible it was never even subbed, which would explain the lack of a torrent. Any group with some free time (hah) willing to do it?
Hate to be a party pooper. Both OVAs have been licensed and released to DVD for a while now by Centra Park Media in R1.
Old 2006-11-30, 19:10   Link #236
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Hate to be a party pooper. Both OVAs have been licensed and released to DVD for a while now by Centra Park Media in R1
Have they now? Hmm, guess I'll go check google for some possible links to buy them then Ta muchly.

edit: well, found it on Amazon surprisingly, but it's out of stock. Go figure. If anyone happens to have good links to UK online stores that don't require a credit card, link me up please
Old 2006-12-01, 05:44   Link #237
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I would seriously suggest you start using DVDPacific for DVDs. It may be a bit of a problem for you to set up but they are usually so much cheaper (even with shipping added).

Animation Runner Kuromi $6.00
Animation Runner Kuromi 2 $11.95

If the purchase price is under $30 (approx) then there is no import duty. Shipping by surface is $3.50 and usually takes 10-14 days.

Back on the U.K. source, I would suggest you try the Amazon "used" options. There is United Publications in the U.K. but they are expensive as usual.

Edit: Ah sorry, I thought you said "didn't require a credit card check". That makes the comments about U.S. online store moot. You can send a check with United Publications.

Note: I found Animation Runner Kuromi really enjoyable but Animation Runner Kuromi 2 was a let down for me, it seemed to try too hard and the humour just didn't seem to come across or work for me (but such comments should be followed up in the Animation Runner Kuromi discussion thread ).
Old 2006-12-01, 12:34   Link #238
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Wow, you weren't joking when you say United Publications was expensive. It's like $25 for the first OAV. Well, the option is there if I can't find it cheaper elsewhere I guess.

Thanks xris

edit: Actually, I could have got it if I hadn't just spent a large wad of cash on stocking my spoofs collection (Naked Gun, Hot Shots, Robin Hood Men In Tights and so on, gotta love those). Guess I'll be waiting for next week then
Old 2006-12-02, 18:25   Link #239
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Monster Rancher anyone, i haven't seen it on dvd which is what im looking for.
Old 2006-12-03, 04:41   Link #240
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Monster Rancher anyone, i haven't seen it on dvd which is what im looking for.
It's a bit old now. Was available on VHS and DVD from ADV Films, Amazon lists it but they are only available second hand if at all.

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime