AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 108 61.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 26.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 5.65%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 4.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.56%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-23, 16:27   Link #121
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
You're talking about the manga, or there actually was a shipping war about the anime? God, that was one awful production... Going back to Toradora!, I find the shipping here actually mild, compared to other shows' threads.
Manga of course, that anime failed in the worst way evah!, i didn't see it at all!!!

yup... the shipping here is mild because here we dont have a character flirting with the girls (intentionally or unintentionally), Ami teases Ryuuji in a childish way compared to others mangas, Ryuuji is pretty clear about what he feels about Taiga and the books are clever how he see Minori.

Besides, Toradora has no Onsen episodes, so, there... an Harem without Onsen Episodes?????... come on...
Old 2009-01-23, 16:31   Link #122
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Manga of course, that anime failed in the worst way evah!, i didn't see it at all!!!
Wait, what are you guys talking about?
Old 2009-01-23, 16:35   Link #123
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

There are a lot of explicit and implied subtleties in this episode that simply reveal much about the different characters involved. Sumire's reflection on wisdom was particularly helpful towards putting light into her actions, and so was Taiga's purposeful violence. I tried exploring several avenues as to why Toradora is ultimately more about friendship than love in my recent write-up, but since there's enough in the whole episode to keep me guessing I also don't have something that's really comprehensive.
Old 2009-01-23, 16:43   Link #124
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Wait, what are you guys talking about?
it's an off topic, sorry for that, i was talking about Ichigo100%.
Old 2009-01-23, 17:10   Link #125
k'2

Send a message via MSN to k'2 Send a message via Yahoo to k'2
i just watched the episode it's kinda great i think the best toradora episode till now ( i have'nt read the novel )

the part when kitamura confessed was a hell of a shock for the viewer and specially aisaka ( i don't know what she gonna do now seem like the end for her???)
Old 2009-01-23, 17:15   Link #126
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k'2 View Post
i just watched the episode it's kinda great i think the best toradora episode till now ( i have'nt read the novel )

the part when kitamura confessed was a hell of a shock for the viewer and specially aisaka ( i don't know what she gonna do now seem like the end for her???)
definitely not the end for her...she's grown a lot imo, if anything she'll be more motivated to become a bit more mature and "be" there for kitamura when he needs it the most...like how kitamura always seems to be there for taiga when she "needs it"

p.s. - thanks to the mods who cleaned up the posts in this thread...much appreciated
Old 2009-01-23, 17:57   Link #127
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

this is the best ep to date. had a bit of everything, plus the fight was awesome. not enough Ami, but i'm willing to forgive this one ep because everything else was really well done. i sort of feel bad for Taiga though. she got salt in her wound by kitamura.
Old 2009-01-23, 18:12   Link #128
Molenir

Wow, like others have said, for me, this was the best episode of Toradora I've seen. Fun and yet moving, and then particularly at the end, very powerful, all the rage, anger, and love coming out all at once.

What amazed me the most, was how I didn't expect any of it. Not Kitamura's startling and amazing confession instead his speech. Not Kanou's rejection of him the way she did, which even watching it again was brutal. Taiga having to listen to the guy she love confess to someone else. The battle, not just of words, but of swords and fists just blew me away. Where did she pull that sword out of anyway.

Altogether, this is easily the most satisfying episode I can remember seeing of Toradora. Its fast on its way to becoming one of my all time favorite animes.
Old 2009-01-23, 19:03   Link #129
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

so can someone explain to me WHAT exactly is up with the final scene between minorin and ami? I was a bit confused by that...and there seems to be quite a bit of controversy over the "true" meaning of this scene...
Old 2009-01-23, 19:11   Link #130
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
so can someone explain to me WHAT exactly is up with the final scene between minorin and ami? I was a bit confused by that...and there seems to be quite a bit of controversy over the "true" meaning of this scene...
I say it's this(copypasta from Ami/Minorin threads):

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Furthermore, Minorin notices that the picture Taiga had is of the one she loves, and is probably thinking back to when she saw Ryuuji getting just that pic with both of them in it, and none with Taiga. At that moment, she, like Ami, probably had a few things running through her mind as well.
Quote:
At the end of ep 16, originally, Ami told those two girls to just give the ID to Ryuuji, but when they blurted out in front of Minorin that Taiga loved Kitamura, she quickly snatched it up. She definitely doesn't want Minorin to go after Ryuuji, esp since she knows Ryuuji likes Minorin. Unlike Sumire, who decided to move ahead w/o Kitamura, Ami decided to stay because she likes Ryuuji, which(imo) shows the level of determination she has. She def doesn't want to end up like Taiga, loving a guy that loves another girl more and, in turn, that girl loving him back. In other words, she doesn't want to be the "Taiga" in the Taiga/Kitamura/Sumire relationship. Minorin, who now sees that Taiga liked Kitamura all this time, can now open up the possibility that she and Ryuuji can be an item. Now that Ami knows Minorin knows, it really puts her[Ami] in a bad mood. I'm sure at that moment, she felt that everything she's done to get close and to understand Ryuuji will go to waste. I don't remember her clenching her teeth like that since the stalker incident.
But some ppl already elaborated this(albeit a bit differently) in some earlier post.
Old 2009-01-23, 19:20   Link #131
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
I say it's this(copypasta from Ami/Minorin threads):

But some ppl already elaborated this(albeit a bit differently) in some earlier post.
thanks, i guess that makes some sense, but im still confused by another thing...the way she phrases it... "are your feelings of guilt gone?"
Old 2009-01-23, 19:30   Link #132
magewar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosato View Post
That's what i think too.
I think Ami knows that Minori is starting to like Takasu, and that she felt guilty because she thought Taiga already liked him. Remember episode 13, when Ami talked to Minori ? Seeing Minori thinking about the photos (probably she learned Takasu took the photo where they were holding hands), she came to tell that with her job, she didn't care who had her picture or what they were thinking, they were just picture (= she shouldn't think too much about the reasons why Takasu bought this picture). She probably feared Takasu and her could start to like each other, and thinking Taiga already has some sort of love relationship, she felt guilty for liking her best friend's lover.
But now, after seeing the photo Taiga kept in her wallet, and realising she loved Kitamura and not Takasu, she was probably relieved (but don't forget Ami stopped the girls from seeing the photo under this one).

But I think she guessed it after hearing what the 2 girls said, it was pretty explicit.

This is quoted from fellow user kyosato and i think it's great that he/she bring out this point, since I felt that this is an important hint in where minorin stands. Let me just bring you all back down memory lane again into episode 15. i think most of us might have brushed down aside another important hint here. Try and remember on the scene whereby Minorin and Ryuuji were on their way to visit kitamura. ( if can't rewatch it) remember after their talk Ryuuji had commented on how Minorin was kind or something. She quickly responded back by saying no she wasn't and that she was arrogant and dishonest. Why did she respond in such a manner? Was it because she was already feeling guilty with herself with the fact that she had fallen for ryuuji but she din't want to steal someone who she thought her bestfriend had like? Who knows, but it sure will complement well with the guilty part scene, what you guys think?

Last edited by magewar; 2009-01-24 at 00:53.
Old 2009-01-23, 19:48   Link #133
Thelastguardian

I have always found the motive behind Kitamura's actions a bit thin, but that's just me. Weak as this arc may be, it kicks start the new arc with a bang.

Since someone asked what to expect, I will foreshadow what's coming:
If you like the angst portrayed by various characters in this arc, you are absolutely going to adore the next major arc. By the end of each sub arc, you are going to be rolling on the floor and "going through a sensation not unlike gagging."

With the revelation of Taiga's lover identity, the shi* has hit the fan. "The end of the beginning" or, as I say, akin to the end of volume 1 in Watashi Tachi no Tamura-kun that ended in a similar bang

Spoiler for very minor novel:
Old 2009-01-23, 20:33   Link #134
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wtf was that . Well , Kitamura returns to normal its a good thing . Wow Kanou vs Taiga .....
Minorin is feelings guilty . But why Ami was raging ? she is feelings guilty too ?
It will be more complicated now , Kitamura will still love Kanou , and Taiga will get more hurt . Ryuji should focus on Minorin and should put more interest on Ami . Well the next ep we will saw more Ami .
Hope Taiga will keep on Kitamura and doesn't turn on Ryuji or there will be 2 more sad story love XD
Well , i read some comments and Ami was raging because she knows Minorin likes Ryuji and Ryuji love Minorin , and its why Minorin is feelings guilty because she knows Taiga just love Kitamura !
I hope its like that ! But i don't believe for Ami x Ryuji , Ryuji doesn't care much to Ami so it will be Minorin x Ryuji finally .(maybe )
Old 2009-01-23, 20:41   Link #135
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Hope Taiga will keep on Kitamura and doesn't turn on Ryuji or there will be 2 more sad story love XD
Spoiler for You really hope so?:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-01-23, 21:00   Link #136
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Absolutely, completely in love with this show.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, FUCKING EVER get sick of saying that, or being excited enough to know that I can say it week after week after god damn week. I don't give a shit about the novels, or the manga, this is a fucking fantastic anime.

God I LOVE this show.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-01-23, 21:09   Link #137
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i knew this is gonna happen, but would it be nice to see taiga be the president

love the fight scene btw
Old 2009-01-23, 21:32   Link #138
Saber447
Starfighter > Mecha

Send a message via AIM to Saber447
Nice. This ep was everything I expected it to be. Now 14 and 15 makes more sense to me. Since I'm not bothering to read the novel the fight scene really caught me by surprise which is very much appreciated. I almost wanted to watch Shana again but I'll refrain. Yeah, I found the last scene to be pretty confusing as some other users were confused as well, but I think the previous posts give me a good idea, awesomeness to follow. Can't wait for next week.
Old 2009-01-23, 21:50   Link #139
chaosprophet

Another great episode. The fight scene was very good!

The only disappointment I had is that they cut the part after Kitamura went back to give his aplication form ad Ryuuji thinks about the difficult of people to take a step forward (I believe someone quoted it recently somewhere in the Toradora forums). It would make a very cool monologue IMO and would help people to sympathise more with Kitamura situation.

Anyway gave it a 9!
Old 2009-01-23, 22:22   Link #140
Noamara

Some please clarify the Ami Minori situation at the end!!

The questions:

Does Minori see the picture of Taiga and Kitamura?
Does Minori understands that the girls say that Taiga loves Kitamura or Ryuuji?
The picture underneath is Minori and Ryuuji from Episode 13 running together or of only Ryuuji?

Here are the 2 cases I came up with!

1. Minori sees the picture of Taiga and Kitamura and understands the girls say Taiga loves Kitamura. Ami sees the picture underneath that shows only Ryuuji! She does not want Minori to see it and even tells her not to have regrets about being in love with Ryuuji (or just liking him). That move would have been a very unfriendly and unkind move. Ami wants to change and become a better person and regrets saying this to Minori and misleading her. After all Minori could really confess to Ryuuji not knowing about Taiga´s feelings for him because of Ami´s misleading and then breaking the friendship with her best friend Taiga!

2. Minori sees the picture of Taiga and Kitamura and understands the girls say Taiga loves Kitamura. Ami tells Minori not to have regrets about being in love with Ryuuji.
But why not wanting Minori to see the picture underneath when the picture shows Minori and Ryuuji? Maybe Ami was jealous for a second and did not want Minori see it. But then regreted that and told Minori not to have regrets and thus encouraging Minori to go for Ryuuji and then Ami regrets saying that.
Closed Thread