Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-21, 15:29   Link #1
Rab
UG'er

Send a message via MSN to Rab
Looking for a good Visual Novel/Dating Sim to play on my laptop.

Well, I had a shot of a Visual Novel called Brass Restoration. I found my first experience with such a game rather fun and would like more to play (preferably English language).

So can I get a few suggestions of good ones to play.
Old 2009-08-21, 15:46   Link #2
Scorch

I'd recommend Clannad. It's been translated in English and it'll take you quite awhile to complete.

Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime are worth checking out. They're not dating sims, but they're excellent visual novels. I'm a fan of Narcissu as well, but it's a kinetic novel rather than a visual novel.
Old 2009-08-21, 15:53   Link #3
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well... there is a lot of varied stuff out there you might want to check. Mangagamer has been making official releases of many good titles recently, including games like Da Capo, Shuffle and Kira Kira that you might want to check.
Old 2009-08-22, 07:58   Link #4
Coruja

Ever 17 - The Out of Infinity is my all-time favorite, and it's in english.

I'm not really a fan of dating sims, so if you're okay with any mystery/sci-fi recommendations, I'll second Fate/Stay Night, and also add Chaos;Head and Umineko no Naku Koro ni...
Old 2009-08-22, 08:23   Link #5
Saleh
Inactive

Seconding Clannad. Suggesting Planetarian and True Tears. You should have a look at VNDB list of VN with no Adult contents.
Old 2009-08-22, 10:45   Link #6
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Nice to see you try a different format finally (albeit I can understand it after seeing your full anime list last time lol).
Anyway, here are my recommendations (yeah there are quite a few, since I've read a lot already). I wholeheartedly recommend playing VNs to be honest, since once you can get hooked on them, you will find yourself playing them until the middle of night, as some of them are that immersing.
Spoiler for long list with details:

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-08-22 at 11:08.
Old 2009-08-22, 11:25   Link #7
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Ever 17 - The Out of Infinity is my all-time favorite, and it's in english.
I've had very bad luck trying to find a store that still has that game in stock, so if anyone knows of one, please share the link
Old 2009-08-22, 11:49   Link #8
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well if you're rich, get it from Amazon with just 130$ for a new one or 100$ for used one.. lol. No really though, I read that the publisher is out of business so it's very rare => You will not find it from any shop, so ebay/Amazon is the only hope you have, but you have to be ready to pay.. lots.

Well they still sell as digital download somewhere though but I guess you could just torrent it, if digital would suffice..
Old 2009-08-22, 23:29   Link #9
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I also suggest Kanon too since there is already a full-english patch out already (and there are additional files in the translation patch to disable the ero-scenes), but don't use the patch with the Key 10th Memorial Box, it won't work since it uses a newer reallive version. Although Kanon may not be as long as Clannad, it's still pretty long and it took me hours to complete a single arc.
Old 2009-08-23, 04:08   Link #10
Shadow Kira01

Brass Restoration is good? I spent 15 minutes on it and didn't really like it. Haven't played it in months.. Perhaps, I should give it another try but not anytime soon though. As for suggestions:

Ai Yori Aoshi: Most of the characters are somewhat annoying but the entire visual novel is fully voiced including the protagonist. The protagonist is voiced by Hoshi Souichirou who also voices chaos of the Xenosaga series, Fate of Star Ocean 3, Kira Yamato of GS/GSD, as well as Sanada Yukimura of Sengoku Basara. Perhaps, this is the only cool thing about the visual novel but the story is okay..

Ever17: The Out of Infinity: I wish I can turn off Coco's voice, it sounds so much like screech to me. Aside from that, the story is somewhat boring as that there are tons of scientific terms. I felt as though I was getting a physics lecture as that I have no clue what Sora was talking about many points in the story. Nonetheless, this is a sci-fi story for all ages and it is part of a rather popular series featuring a few visual novels with similar gameplay and character designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I also suggest Kanon too since there is already a full-english patch out already (and there are additional files in the translation patch to disable the ero-scenes), but don't use the patch with the Key 10th Memorial Box, it won't work since it uses a newer reallive version. Although Kanon may not be as long as Clannad, it's still pretty long and it took me hours to complete a single arc.
^Good suggestion is good.
Old 2009-08-23, 08:59   Link #11
Rab
UG'er

Send a message via MSN to Rab
Well, thanks for the suggestions you guys made. I'll be sure and at least look into every suggestion made.
Old 2011-12-27, 01:17   Link #12
KotomiIchinose

Yume Miru Kusuri is very good.
Closed Thread