Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-23, 04:07   Link #1261
scr
my sides are in orbit

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
At least the good news about it is that it implies the show is being made within its budget and they aren't having to cut corners instead.
Umm, from my (laymen) viewpoint, it's simply that their financial planning is awful.

Quote:
I find it strange logic that someone thinks: "Oh no! My eye color is mismatched, everyone will thing I'm a freak! I'll just keep one eye shut all the time, then!"
Mihoko seems to be someone who want to have strong social support, to blend in; and she will do anything to get along (or to make everyone get along with everyone else). To this point, she can't stand to be someone who is "different".

Spoiler for Personal rant, don't bother reading:

Peace.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 04:30   Link #1262
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
Mihoko seems to be someone who want to have strong social support, to blend in; and she will do anything to get along (or to make everyone get along with everyone else). To this point, she can't stand to be someone who is "different".
Peace.
My point was more: Which makes you look more like a freak? Having two different colored eyes or keeping one eye closed all the time?
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 04:31   Link #1263
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

@scr: Just where the hell are you living? O_o

Quote:
Umm, from my (laymen) viewpoint, it's simply that their financial planning is awful.
I just think they did great at managing their budget. Up until now there is no notable dropping in animation quality, and they still have some fund left.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2009-06-23 at 04:49.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 04:47   Link #1264
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
My point was more: Which makes you look more like a freak? Having two different colored eyes or keeping one eye closed all the time?
Well, Mihoko's would be fridge logic, but hey-- Rule of Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Just where the hell are you living? O_o
Sorta... a little bit.
Let's say that people in my place are... rather easily distracted by non-conformity (to tradition or religion, etc).
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 05:11   Link #1265
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Can't wait to see Touka in action. What kind of skills does she have to justify her confidence i wonder.

Anyway, i always though Mihoko close her eyes to hide her 'power". But it seems that she is just embarassed by her mismatched eyes.
IIRC "her power" is something like... Well, Dio Brando's The World in some way.
It doesn't freeze time, maybe she just thinks extremely fast, however she "has time" to think/plan her strategy and can even take "her time" to even know her opponents hands (By logic/discarting/etc.)
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 05:26   Link #1266
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
I still don't see any connection between that and her opening her eyes. . Is it possible that when human open both of their eyes, the brain capability and process become more efficient than when only opening one eye ?

@scr : Yeah, I know that feeling (though maybe not as extreme as you ;( ), my eyes actually had some problems and made me different. I got bullied in my junior high school time, but it's not really that important ;( What's important is, it's just like what you said. When you tried to hide it, sometimes people around thinks that you are strange and then feel that you were wrong.

In Mihoko's case, it's probably like that too. Though, no one think that she's strange because she always close her right eye until now ;(

Quote:
It's actually depends on people opinion IMO. Sometimes there are some people who are okay when you to hide it, and there some people don't (just look at the anime, I don't think anyone ever bothered the fact that she close her eyes...yet(?) #_# ). In my case, I seconded that closing her eye looked more freak. But then, she's cute this way, so I'm okay with it lol.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 05:30   Link #1267
FateAnomaly

Actually i think Mihoko mismatched eyes are quite appealing so i would rather she open her eyes instead. Anyway, it is awfully hard to close just 1 eye for extended period of time.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 07:00   Link #1268
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Wow.....people actually try to explain it?
Old 2009-06-23, 07:34   Link #1269
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
For fun anyway ;(
btw, RAW for the chapter 51 had come out yet ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 07:49   Link #1270
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

There is one nice benefit of "heterochromatism".

You can always tell which one of you is from the evil parallel dimension.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-06-23, 07:54   Link #1271
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
^
For fun anyway ;(
Early July, I think.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 09:39   Link #1272
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
i think most people find it a bit more normal to have one eye then to have two different colored eyes.
maybe its just me but i've seen far more people with one eye then people with Heterochromia ..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 09:56   Link #1273
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
i think most people find it a bit more normal to have one eye then to have two different colored eyes.
maybe its just me but i've seen far more people with one eye then people with Heterochromia ..
Ever thought that maybe that's because you just don't notice heterochroma since it's not obvious unless you look carefully?
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-06-23, 10:02   Link #1274
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

In this day and time, I have a feeling that heterochromatism is a kind of moe.
Old 2009-06-23, 10:06   Link #1275
Guppy

Quote:
Ever thought that maybe that's because you just don't notice heterochroma since it's not obvious unless you look carefully?
There's also the difference between anime and RL to consider here - heterochromia would be a whole lot easier to spot if the average person's eyes took up nearly a quarter of the visible area of their face.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 14:14   Link #1276
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Its the perception of depth in ones eyes. In a anime everything being 2D and simplified, its not there but in real life it can be quite... unpleasent. There's also the color thing, unlike anime some colors in the richenss of the tone you would find in the eye can give you nausea. Add to that how the eyes are what people would focus on and having it isn't all that great.
Quote:
Hmm. Well at least cats have noticable heterowhatnot.
Old 2009-06-23, 14:38   Link #1277
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
actually i usually look in the eyes, and i notices the few people with heterochroma were that i know pretty quickly..

i'm fairly sure that statistically speaking heterochroma is rarer then being one eye blind.
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 15:16   Link #1278
Used Can

Man, this chapter was much gayer than the other ones (in a good sense).

I already want to see Koromo in action.
Old 2009-06-23, 16:20   Link #1279
onemadcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
^
For fun anyway ;(
It was supposed to be in the issue that hit newsstands on June 19, but none of my sources have posted raws yet. Will say something once I see it.
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 16:37   Link #1280
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Just a remind that there is a manga thread for all your manga-related discussion needs. I moved a manga spoiler question there, so please feel free to go help the reader out. This thread is, of course, for the anime.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen