AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-06, 06:37   Link #1
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono (seasons 1 and 2 and 3)

Original creator: Nippon Television Network Corporation
Plot summary: The story will center around the extracurricular activities of students.

Note: The show will use MikuMiku Dance software for the CG department. The websites will unveil the characters, cast, and other details on Saturday. The characters' faces, promotional video, and cast commentary videos will also be unveiled at NTV's booth at Comic Market (Comiket) 84, which will run from Saturday to Monday at Tokyo Big Sight.

The Mainichi Shimbun paper's Mantan Web site notes that the anime's website lists an inactive link for "MMD (MikuMikuDance) Download", indicating that the series uses the MikuMikuDance software to animate its characters. MikuMikuDance is Yū Higuchi's program that enables users to create dancing videos of Crypton Future Media's Vocaloid virtual idol character Hatsune Miku, as well as other characters.

Two other anime that used MikuMikuDance are Straight Title Robot Anime (Chokkyū Hyōdai Robot Anime) and gdgd Fairies.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 06:42   Link #2
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Sounds like Love Live clone....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 22:35   Link #3
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Aw, no love for Tesagure?

Just watched the first episode, and it was worth a few chuckles here and there. Fans of gdgd Fairies will instantly recognize the style of direction here, meaning none Tesagure is basically taking the teenage girls doing nothing genre to the extreme. The 4 girls have formed a new club, but the problem is they haven't decided on what the club will be about. They decide to use the baseball club as inspiration for what to do for club activities, and basically spend the entire episode chatting about school baseball clubs.

Rather dialog heavy, and the random chatter feels very much like seiyu talk shows (to the point that the actors occasionally slip out of their character voices), but to me personally was enjoyable enough.

tldr, gdgd Fairies without the madness.
Old 2013-10-10, 09:19   Link #4
bastek66

Wow, lyrics are so straighforward
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-10, 13:15   Link #5
Utsuro no Hako

I'm disappointed they didn't have the characters flying through the sky.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 18:31   Link #6
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

episode 1

Finally, I got to watch a subbed version today. I was afraid that no one was going to sub this series. I had previously watched both RAW episodes, but knowing fewer Japanese words than I can count on two hands, I was only guessing what was going on.

I liked the character designs, and the characters themselves. It doesn't look like much is going to happen, but that's okay with me. I need a nice relaxing series to watch, and this seems like it will be it.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 19:55   Link #7
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

episode 4

Is anyone else still watching this?

Actually, what I want to ask is, is there anyone who understands spoken Japanese and has also viewed the English subbed version of episode 4? It seemed to me that the girls were being, not only pretty racist, but also pretty vulgar. Can anyone confirm if this was the original Japanese intent of the dialogue?
Old 2014-02-01, 21:00   Link #8
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

They get a second season, yet first is barely touch by subbers. I really did not mind the anime, but I also like watching seiyu shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post

Actually, what I want to ask is, is there anyone who understands spoken Japanese and has also viewed the English subbed version of episode 4? It seemed to me that the girls were being, not only pretty racist, but also pretty vulgar. Can anyone confirm if this was the original Japanese intent of the dialogue?
Those are fake subs, just someone out for a laugh. I once had a true tears episode with the same sort of subs :P
Old 2014-02-01, 21:12   Link #9
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post

I watched the first few minutes and I can tell that somebody was being a troll. Here are some examples:

Dialog: Koharun (a cute way of saying the girl's name)
Subs: Anne Frank

Girl 1: People might misunderstand what a club full of only girls is doing.
Girl 2: *imagine spot pops up with two yuri girls* Oh, you mean like -
What anybody should get from this: Oh, you think people see us as a bunch of lesbians?
Subs: Oh, you mean like the Underground Railroad?

Brb, I need to watch the rest of this.

EDIT: Oh yeah, confirmed for trolling. One girl wants another to call her "onee-sama" (a girl that others look up to) but the subs say "Tyrone". Not to mention all the other racist stuff.

It's a shame because I was thinking about watching this series. First nobody picks it up and now this happens.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 07:10   Link #10
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Don't tell me that I'm the only one still watching this, even though I can't understand what they're saying???

@ZodiacBeast and Daisu thanks for the info. I suspected that it was just some idiot translator screwing around.

For those fans like me, there have been a rash of MMD music videos featuring the girls on youtube.

There was another one posted last October that I though I mentioned in this thread. It can be found here.

I'm just hoping that someday I'll be able to watch this great show completely subbed!
Old 2014-02-19, 08:37   Link #11
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

episode 4 subs - again

Yesterday I decided to see if I could find a different sub of episode 4, so I spent a long time checking a myriad of streaming websites, and they all had the same version.

I did some digging, and eventually came up with some very solid info. The original .mkv files from the subbing groups can have more than one subtitle track, and the only track that gets streamed is the first track. Also, apparently, some subbing groups make a "joke" track which they might make as track #1, which is what happened with this episode.

So, I downloaded a copy of the original .mkv file of episode 4 and, yes, indeed, there are 2 subtitle tracks, the first is the racist, sexist, vulgar, etc. track that has been getting streamed. The 2nd track is the "normal" one, though it, too, has some racist, sexist, vulgar, etc. comments thrown in.
Old 2015-04-05, 00:31   Link #12
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
For some reason season 3 has been picked up by CR, so ... I will edit the title here and move it over to the Current section.

Here is the announcement: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...re-bukatsumono

I just saw ep 1 of this ... and ... umm ... it was not what I expected at all. I have not seen any of season 1 or 2 to be clear, but ... how shall I describe this?

Well, first off it is kinda low budget cgi (though nothing as bad as Vampire Holmes), but is not terribly ... offensive, I guess?

If anyone has ever seen those interviews of 4 or 5 VAs where they all sit around and happily chatter about things together, this is the anime version of that, although it is still an anime, with anime characters behaving like that, AND having an anime version of the same thing centered around a theme of 5 mahou shoujo/goddesses in training going to high school inside the anime itself.

But this was ... just ... bizarre ... I was watching it with a O_o on my fave that was part grin, and a lot of headscratching. Part of me felt pretty awkward, as if I were listening in on a barrage of "girl's talk". XD

The ED was not so bad, but at the end there were 6 characters that looked exactly alike (short pink haired with starry eyed clones) but different voices.

I wonder if I will be able to sit through ep 2?

In any event give it a try - you might find yourself surprised.
Old 2015-04-09, 15:15   Link #13
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Tesagure! Bukatsumono Spin-off Purupurun Sharumu to Asobou

As one of the very few (only?) enthusiasts of the first two seasons of Tesagure! Bukatsumono here on animesuki forums, I was pleased as all get-out to hear a third season was being produced, albeit a spin-off.

For those who have not watched the two previous seasons, jumping straight into season 3 could make your head wobble quite a bit. The four main girls are quite something when they go off on one of their tangents.

I will admit that I'm not all that enthusiastic about the spin-off concept here, but if Yua, Hina, Aoi and Koharun maintain a strong presence, as they did in the first episode, I'll be happy.

Speaking of pink haired-girls and endings....

There are about a dozen of those pink-haired sisters in total, enough to fill the roster of any sports team challenge that Yua could come up with in the previous seasons.

The original ending from season 1 was quite innovative. Although the song remained the same, the animation changed ever so slightly with each new episode as the four girls were portrayed as learning to express themselves through dance and become more and more comfortable with each other. The visual differences between the ED of the first episode of the first season, and last time they used it during the second season show a lot of innovative thought on the part of the animators.
Old 2015-05-08, 06:25   Link #14
NaweG
Just some guy

It's nice that this comes out reasonably quickly subbed, but I do wish there were someone doing this who would add some additional notes on each episode. For example, the running joke that the rather "well endowed" character is voiced by someone not so equally blessed. Not sure if that's a straight joke (VA is kind of flat) or a double joke (actually is but only those in the know would know). That sort of thing.
Old 2015-05-17, 18:56   Link #15
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

spin-off episode 7

Well, they do say that all great things do come to an end and, for me, this was the very first episode of all three season of Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono that I actually did not like.

The concept of the episode did nothing for me, not being one who lusts after overtly laden yuri manga or anime series. I just did not find the episode amusing or interesting. I would rather have watched a whole episode of Tank-girl doing ad libs by herself.

Alas, who knows how long this will go on. If they can only banish two girls per episode, as in this episode, then we're in for at least three more Yuriwolf episodes.

Snooze...

Tags
cgi, slice of life