AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-12-19, 13:01   Link #1341
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh look, Rudy's OG parents were good & supporting parents afterall, and looks like even the extended family was suporting him to get better...until they had enough of him being passive all the time.
I don't know if we saw anything of his extended family, just how they reacted to how he was acting after his parents' deaths.
Old 2021-12-19, 13:43   Link #1342
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't know if we saw anything of his extended family, just how they reacted to how he was acting after his parents' deaths.
Was A-chan whose voice I heard in this episode not part of his extended family? If not then who was she? His little sister? Neighbor?
Old 2021-12-19, 13:43   Link #1343
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I still don't understand why it's taken so long for Rudeus to decide to find Zenith. Wouldn't that have been a high priority once he discovered she's still alive?
He got depression. That exactly what it does to people. Also Rudeus didn't even get memo about her being alive this episode.
Old 2021-12-19, 17:45   Link #1344
magnuskn

Ah, final ratings, forgot about that.

9.9/10, my favorite show since Re:Creators and Shield Bro. Can't wait to see more of it.

It only doesn't get a 10/10 because Arcane was so incredibly fantastic that it raised the bar on the entire industry of animation (In the department of animation alone I probably will never be able to look at the smooth-faced 3D of Disney and Dreamworks again with any kind of admiration, compared to the astounding quality of what Arcane did) and therefore deserves the top spot for this year.
Old 2021-12-19, 17:53   Link #1345
Alchemist007
*Author

Too bad when the 'heroine cuts her hair short' tope is done, it's always a hack job (to the hairstyle).
Anyways it was a good second season overall.

8/10
Old 2021-12-19, 18:00   Link #1346
Gerard07

Seen the episode, Eris appears with short hair (although I like long hair better) and goes to train, Ruijerd's reputation is improving, Roxy knows where Zenith is and Rudeus was depressed as in his past life but at least he knows I raise.
The season I liked in general, I think the animation has been correct, I'll be waiting for news of another season.
In the end they didn't mention how Eris's parents died exactly, can someone tell me please?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-19, 18:26   Link #1347
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
In the end they didn't mention how Eris's parents died exactly, can someone tell me please?.
Eris parents were teleported into a region which was always in conflict and had multiple wars regularly, and they ended being dropped right in the middle of such event and got killed.
Ghislaine also happened to be dropped in the same nearby area, but she arrived late and couldn't save those two (since unlike Ghislaine who is a trained fighter, Eris parents weren't really fighters).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-19, 21:24   Link #1348
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Ah, final ratings, forgot about that.

9.9/10, my favorite show since Re:Creators and Shield Bro. Can't wait to see more of it.

It only doesn't get a 10/10 because Arcane was so incredibly fantastic that it raised the bar on the entire industry of animation (In the department of animation alone I probably will never be able to look at the smooth-faced 3D of Disney and Dreamworks again with any kind of admiration, compared to the astounding quality of what Arcane did) and therefore deserves the top spot for this year.
Arcane was definitely top-notch. Can't hurt to have 2 10-graded shows in a season (or even a year).

I watched the 2 last ones back-to back. I didn't realize we were at the last episodes already. I definitely didn't expect the party to split up completely so suddenly.

How far are we compared to the overall story? I hope we get more seasons to close it.
Old 2021-12-19, 22:31   Link #1349
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Thought I was gonna hate this last episode once I saw the flashbacks. Expected Sylphie to stumble outta nowhere and cheer him up or something(since it would be possible the author split Rudy and Eris up so she can make a return undisturbed by "harem" antics), but I think this was a far better ending than I expected it to be. The boy(man) reflected on his past experience, understood the consequences of repeating them, picked himself up of his own accord and moved forward, with no external help. I feel that was pretty impressive; it really shows that he's growing as a person.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-20, 01:17   Link #1350
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
How far are we compared to the overall story? I hope we get more seasons to close it.
Uh, I think first third or first quarter? There's a lot more story to come, from what I've heard.
Old 2021-12-20, 03:42   Link #1351
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
picked himself up of his own accord and moved forward, with no external help
I wouldn't say he didn't have help.
It was his love for Zenith, who truly cared and loved him, which allowed Rudy to move forward as he needed to search for her.

This is the love he never truly got from his previous life Mother, who while was supportive, never really truly loved him (understood by the fact on how she compared Rudy with her other Children and said in her note that "her children's are strong").

When someone is depressed, one of the worst thing to do is compare them with someone else, especially if that comparison is being done by someone close and blood related.
Yeah, there are other people who are suffering, some even worse. But that doesn't mean that the suffering someone is going through (even if a minor one) is less for them.

And while Rudy is moving forward, it doesn't mean he is OK though, he is just moving forward with a goal.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-20, 03:59   Link #1352
Tenzen12

I think that's stretch. If anything I would say Rudy was able pick himself up due all thing he experienced this life. After all despite being 14(?), he is much more nature then he was before his death.
Old 2021-12-20, 04:49   Link #1353
magnuskn

Thirteen years old, actually.
Old 2021-12-20, 09:29   Link #1354
maximilianjenus
[E]

we just finished novel 6 out of 25, note that in Japan the ln is still not done, it could be 1 or 2 volumes more to complete the core en or they could even adapt the wn spin offs ,which would be another 6 volumes.

i knew what was coming but the 3nding surpassed.my expectations, they out both eris and Roxy's pov,then added some Rudy specific 9nes and that new character scene ( that scene in particular is used as a flashback in a later on ). thye only missed the last conversation in Roxy's party, because it probably changes the tone and can be done next season.

if someone wants to have fun with it
Spoiler for skipped on content that might get adapted in the future:
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-20, 10:59   Link #1355
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
we just finished novel 6 out of 25, note that in Japan the ln is still not done, it could be 1 or 2 volumes more to complete the core en or they could even adapt the wn spin offs ,which would be another 6 volumes.

i knew what was coming but the 3nding surpassed.my expectations, they out both eris and Roxy's pov,then added some Rudy specific 9nes and that new character scene ( that scene in particular is used as a flashback in a later on ). thye only missed the last conversation in Roxy's party, because it probably changes the tone and can be done next season.

if someone wants to have fun with it
Spoiler for skipped on content that might get adapted in the future:
Thanks for the info! I thought the series was finished, hearing that it started so long ago.
Old 2021-12-20, 11:08   Link #1356
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
I wouldn't say he didn't have help.
It was his love for Zenith, who truly cared and loved him, which allowed Rudy to move forward as he needed to search for her.

This is the love he never truly got from his previous life Mother, who while was supportive, never really truly loved him (understood by the fact on how she compared Rudy with her other Children and said in her note that "her children's are strong").

When someone is depressed, one of the worst thing to do is compare them with someone else, especially if that comparison is being done by someone close and blood related.
Yeah, there are other people who are suffering, some even worse. But that doesn't mean that the suffering someone is going through (even if a minor one) is less for them.

And while Rudy is moving forward, it doesn't mean he is OK though, he is just moving forward with a goal.
I don't think it was trying to portray that Rudy's previous mother never really loved him, she wasn't trying to compare him to the other kids but because she believes wholeheartedly that they're all strong and she wasn't trying to judge him.

Even Rudy realizes now that his parents did love him and were trying to support him, in their own way, and thinking about Zenith makes him realize he can finally respond to that love in a way he wasn't able to before.
Old 2021-12-21, 03:40   Link #1357
magnuskn

I was thinking about getting the first volume of the light novel in English, but it seems it's out of stock "temporarily" and I am not that much a fan of e-books. Anybody got any info when it will be in stock again? I can't imagine them not doing a new print run, given how popular the TV series is.
Old 2021-12-21, 10:33   Link #1358
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Thanks for the info! I thought the series was finished, hearing that it started so long ago.
The web novel is long finished. The LN think started after it was complete and follows it pretty close but editing and such takes time.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-21, 11:03   Link #1359
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Here's hoping we get a new season soon. Don't just show us Sylphie with her new look and then just leave us high and dry. Not to mention concluding with the hero still in the depths of despair and only able to move by a stubborn feeling of having to find his mother.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-21, 11:22   Link #1360
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Here's hoping we get a new season soon. Don't just show us Sylphie with her new look and then just leave us high and dry. Not to mention concluding with the hero still in the depths of despair and only able to move by a stubborn feeling of having to find his mother.
I think we can expect an announcement after the OVA release.

Tags
drama, isekai