Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-13, 09:38   Link #221
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Tokiko with her eyes open is pure sex.
Her eyes during 22 remind me of Neko Musume from the most recent version of Gegege no Kitaro.
Old 2022-09-16, 09:22   Link #222
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 23:
Old 2022-09-16, 16:54   Link #223
j4c06

Ep 23 felt too short again. Is the next one the last? Too bad they aren't spending more time in this surreal place.

Isn't it strange that the land of the dead is always depicted as lacking substance
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-16, 17:28   Link #224
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
Ep 23 felt too short again. Is the next one the last? Too bad they aren't spending more time in this surreal place.

Isn't it strange that the land of the dead is always depicted as lacking substance
Nah. There are 2 episodes left.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-16, 21:44   Link #225
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I honestly don't know what to think about this land-of-the-dead arc, but whatever. Only two episodes left anyways.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-17, 09:48   Link #226
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I was surprised by the arrival of the B-29s.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-18, 07:10   Link #227
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, that's definitely a boss way to confess. And a cute acceptance. Right before they go off to heck, heh.

Shide certainly did everything he could to stack the deck in his favour by forcing them to Tokoyo where he has nullified Ryunnosuke's advantage. But Ushio has clearly evolved more than he had anticipated. That opportunistic stab that killed her previously can't be replicated. Then again, all he wants is the end and for everyone else to be consumed by it too. Living that long has left him this way. Whether there's any semblance of a justified reason is yet to be seen, but knowing him, he's probably being a selfish prick.

And there is a bit of salvation in the works. A differentiation between Haine and Hiruko is now established. They are not one and the same. Haine doesn't want what is happening. I doubt Haine has had any semblance of free will for a long time aside from flashes when she interacted with Hizuru. Whether people deem her worthy of salvation is another question. But she certainly gave Shinpei and Ushio a good shot at victory.

By the effects that Tokoyo is having on Shinpei and Ushio, it's not a place they can stay in for long, so it makes sense that it the time spent there isn't that long. It may feel somewhat abrupt but the fact is those characters have been through a heck of a lot. The good side was teetering on the edge and barely managed to get momentum back in their favour. But in all honesty, isn't that one of Tanaka's main points? Life is short, live it to the fullest without regrets? Seems in line with Tanaka's mentality throughout the whole title.

Visually, the B-29 scene was just wild. Watanabe didn't have that many panels in the manga to work with, but like previous battles, he's nailed how to make it work. Revel in some grandiose moments but don't fight forever. Make the counter moments have impact but don't stretch them out. Ushio leaping from bomb to bomb is another stellar motion sequence. That citrus fruit shot shortly after Shinpei arrived in that realm was another striking shot that has become a bit of a trademark in this adaptation of having a gorgeous close-up still from nearby surroundings while dialogue is occurring.

Final fight time. It shall be epic.
Old 2022-09-18, 10:03   Link #228
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The final arc here should be renamed "nihilistically depressed 1980s era gamer lives out his boss villian fantasy"

Haine was pure love here. That Shana voice sure brings back memories
Old 2022-09-18, 18:15   Link #229
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Well, that's definitely a boss way to confess. And a cute acceptance. Right before they go off to heck, heh.

Shide certainly did everything he could to stack the deck in his favour by forcing them to Tokoyo where he has nullified Ryunnosuke's advantage. But Ushio has clearly evolved more than he had anticipated. That opportunistic stab that killed her previously can't be replicated. Then again, all he wants is the end and for everyone else to be consumed by it too. Living that long has left him this way. Whether there's any semblance of a justified reason is yet to be seen, but knowing him, he's probably being a selfish prick.
He can't live forever anymore so he just wants to take everyone down with him. I doubt there is more to it than that.
Old 2022-09-19, 10:13   Link #230
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Honestly, those kinds of motivations are just stupid and appear far too frequently in anime. Every time I hear a villain talk about destroying or taking over the world, I just roll my eyes.
Old 2022-09-19, 16:11   Link #231
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

You'd be surprised how many people actually do want that. A lot of people would rather see the world burn/people suffer than try to do some good.

You know what makes my eyes roll every time I see it? Fighting forever. A female saying to the male MC in the first episode she's into him just because. High school (and that it's the best time of our lives). Life's too hard, time to permanently rack off to some fantasy land. Animation is for kids.
Old 2022-09-19, 18:15   Link #232
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Honestly, those kinds of motivations are just stupid and appear far too frequently in anime. Every time I hear a villain talk about destroying or taking over the world, I just roll my eyes.
Wanting to take over the world does make me roll my eyes, because most of the time I really can't picture that kind of villain spending most of his time doing paperwork, which is what would ultimately happen if they successfully accomplished their goal.

Wanting to destroy the world on the other hand strikes me as a perfectly fine villainous motive. Incidentally, the currently airing Hoshi no Samidare is doing some kind of deconstruction of that, by having the heroine strive to destroy the world because she loves it.
Old 2022-09-20, 01:31   Link #233
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Revenge/despair villains can be some of the most interesting. Enforcing one's will on 9 billion people seems to be a heck of a reach in relative terms.

Shide is a despair villain. He has only ever cared for himself and only how to perpetuate his existence. He's nothing special and that is the point. If your heroes are people living life to the fullest against the odds, a villain who despises life aside from his own and gets nothing from it is the complete opposite. I don't think a likeable/relatable/unique villain would do Tanaka's message any good. And for his own ends, being relatively forgettable is suitable since it means he likely wouldn't be found out.
Old 2022-09-20, 16:00   Link #234
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

He's boring. And that's what matters.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-23, 02:17   Link #235
EroKing

Episode 24

Summertime Rendering. Fully satisfied to how the fight concluded. Shinpei and Ushio rewriting history by erasing Hiruko from the past. Going to be extra sweet seeing Ushio alive again

Nice point of time to return to...

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 08:35.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-23, 10:55   Link #236
grecefar

If there is no hiruko then there are no shadows, if story is rewrited and hizuru is alive again (I knew she will be back), then ushio, ryuunosuke and the others are alive too, maybe.

I think there will be shennanigans or something, I can't believe in a 24 minutes happy ending lol.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-23, 16:02   Link #237
j4c06

The power of love, yay!
Old 2022-09-23, 17:59   Link #238
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
From Enzo's blog (https://lostinanime.com/2022/09/summertime-render-24/)

Quote:
I saw some grousing about his motivation in certain circles, but it kind of makes sense for me. He’s completely driven by ego. He hung around for 326 years by switching bodies, hoping to live effectively forever and see the end of all things. When he realized that wasn’t going to be possible thanks to Hiruko, he decided to just move the end up to this lifetime so he could see it anyway. If I can’t live no one else should be able to either, in effect. That’s pretty solid villainy to me.
If we had learned this explanation for his actions last week, I wouldn't have been so critical.
Old 2022-09-23, 18:27   Link #239
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They ended the episode at the perfect spot. You can make your own loop if you wish by never watching the final episode and starting over with the first one. The animation mistake they made even helps. It'd be a shame to miss the epilogue though. Really looking forward to it since they're probably going to expend on it.

I thought it wasn't clear enough in the anime so just to clarify: the scene with the phone recording is actually Ushio recording the scrambled message Hizuru received prior to the beginning of the series. No loose ends.
Old 2022-09-24, 03:45   Link #240
j4c06

It is funny how the guy is 300+ years old but explains his actions in terms of a game console. What age group is it aimed at?

Tags
supernatural