2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.47%
Voters: 430. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-12, 19:05   Link #141
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengu View Post
For me this series clearly had one neutral side and one bad side.

Lelouch is for me very close to the main character in Death Note and I hated what they became in the end.

He is prepared to do anything to keep the war going vs Britannia so he can get his revenge and kill anyone who gets in that way, be it friend or foe.
An inhumane monster who uses everone around him and lies to his friends as his foes.
His kills his allies if it benefits his cause and is responsible for countless of deaths.
Quote:
That bastard deserves that and nothing less. At least Nanaly needs to be told her oh so wonderful brother has killed Euphie and millions more and and tries to kill every one around him just for revenge.
I think you've somewhat pigeonholed Lelouch into being Light Yagami when he doesn't really act like it.

oh, and its not over.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 22:11   Link #142
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
For me this series clearly had one neutral side and one bad side.

Lelouch is for me very close to the main character in Death Note and I hated what they became in the end.

He is prepared to do anything to keep the war going vs Britannia so he can get his revenge and kill anyone who gets in that way, be it friend or foe.
An inhumane monster who uses everone around him and lies to his friends as his foes.
His kills his allies if it benefits his cause and is responsible for countless of deaths.

Suzaku who is one the other side may not be perfect but his ideals and beliefs are at least honest and he wants as little bloodshed as possible.
Britannia may be rotten in some places but changing such a huge superpower is done from within both because it works better and less people will suffer in the long run.

A great series and most characters were well made but my hatred for Lelouch reaches new heights by every episode.
A fitting end, even though I don't want Nanaly to die cause she is wonderful, would be if Nanaly dies in his arms after he has killed millions and got his revenge.

That bastard deserves that and nothing less. At least Nanaly needs to be told her oh so wonderful brother has killed Euphie and millions more and and tries to kill every one around him just for revenge.
I like this, how you can hate lelouch cause of what he's turned into. I don't think you have to see him as the protagonist you can support suzaku's view, you can pick sides in this show who ever made this was brilliant

i myself am in love with the crazy that is lelouch though
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 22:07   Link #143
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I have to give an 8, as my gut feeling. I just watched through episode 23, and I really love the series, but the storyline is making me quite sad.
Old 2007-11-16, 22:34   Link #144
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I have to give an 8, as my gut feeling. I just watched through episode 23, and I really love the series, but the storyline is making me quite sad.
besides the fact I don't particularly like the idea of rating half a series, you rated it before you saw the remaining two available ones?
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 17:39   Link #145
GoTz
Deleted

It was so good I finished this series in two days . . . oh the time and life i have lost, but for good use!

There's not one character in this series I just don't like...except for maybe Orange-Kun. Everyone else is so interesting and likable that it's hard to even choose a side to support. Euphemia's death came as a surprise to me, although it probably shouldn't have. She just got royally screwed! It was sad to see her go. I'm glad Lelouche was able to show remorse for what he accidentally did, however, using his mistake on her for his efforts was majorly...(insert thought here). I liked it, however, many probably don't. I can't wait for the second season to come out.

Currently Watching:Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Code Geass 2, Macross Frontier, KGNE, Higurashi,
Kanon 2006,
Top Favorites:Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Serei no Moribito, Death Note, Eureka Seven, Claymore

Last edited by GoTz; 2007-11-20 at 17:56.
GoTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 21:49   Link #146
X10A_Freedom

Animation Quality 7/10:
Good but not outstanding I think.

Voice Actors 7/10:
Good but again, not outstanding.

Music 8/10:
Very good music, fits in extremely well. I have to take back what I said earlier. The music has a mind of its own.

Script (and plot) 9/10:
Excellent, the plot is simply excellent and it is both-sided. The balance of power between the 2 sides are well controlled and the way everything is set up makes for some unpredictability. It's been a long time since I've been taken on a "rollercoaster".

Total Series Rating: 9/10 I obviously put a huge chunk of weight on the plot as I feel that is the most important part of any series.

Last edited by X10A_Freedom; 2007-11-22 at 16:39.
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 08:28   Link #147
renge~

Perfect 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love this anime so much.. Dont know why.. But i love it!!
renge~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 20:12   Link #148
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
besides the fact I don't particularly like the idea of rating half a series, you rated it before you saw the remaining two available ones?
I can't find a place to watch them. They haven't been uploaded to crunchyroll.com yet. And I don't feel like buying the DVDs, so I'll wait to watch them later. Gimme a break.
Old 2007-11-29, 19:00   Link #149
Pengu

I really liked the show and am eagerly awaiting the continuation.
But I am really upset with the crazy Lelouch who by his actions kills thousands and thousands of lives.
C'mon, Yagami Lightiesque finish please
Pengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 22:41   Link #150
Meatrose
Antihero

In my opinion, there's a huge difference between Lelouch and Light. Lelouch has a humane side to his character, Light doesn't... not to the same extent. If we could go back in time and put Light in Lelouch's shoes... well, the outcome would definitely be different. For starters, Suzaku would be dead and buried. No doubt about that.

The fact is that Lelouch might very well be my favorite protagonist of all time. I love characters who are willing to take a stroll down the path of evil only to rid the world of a far greater evil. That he has a secret agenda only makes it more interesting. I've never enjoyed watching a protagonist as much as I have enjoyed watching Lelouch, and I've never hated an antagonist (or any character) as much as I hate Suzaku. This is probably one of the main reasons why I love this show. =)
Old 2007-12-01, 14:35   Link #151
Antonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
In my opinion, there's a huge difference between Lelouch and Light. Lelouch has a humane side to his character, Light doesn't... not to the same extent. If we could go back in time and put Light in Lelouch's shoes... well, the outcome would definitely be different. For starters, Suzaku would be dead and buried. No doubt about that.

The fact is that Lelouch might very well be my favorite protagonist of all time. I love characters who are willing to take a stroll down the path of evil only to rid the world of a far greater evil. That he has a secret agenda only makes it more interesting. I've never enjoyed watching a protagonist as much as I have enjoyed watching Lelouch, and I've never hated an antagonist (or any character) as much as I hate Suzaku. This is probably one of the main reasons why I love this show. =)
Lelouch was okay, but Suzaku, I just hated. He contradicted himself so much, that it was just painful to watch. I'd really hate an ending where Lelouch and Suzaku made up, although that looks to be almost impossible at this point.
Antonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 04:16   Link #152
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Oh ya I'll totally rip my hair out if they pull a Gundam Seed and have Lelouch and Suzashit become friends again. I didn't really mind it the first time they used it in Gundam Seed, but now I've seen that already, I want something different - one where they don't make up and become best friends again.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 00:37   Link #153
kimchipride
Geass User

A great anime.

Not flawless, but still great nonetheless. It pretty much had everything that I like. I'm not a huge fan of mecha and politics based stuff but everything else covered up for that things I didn't like. It was as smart as Death Note sometimes, characters were awesome, and it was funny. In my top 5 anime.

Last edited by kimchipride; 2007-12-03 at 00:54.
kimchipride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 03:04   Link #154
zero7090

well i think Lulu could be unnnnnnnstopable with his outstanding brain
the only thing make his plan fail is his heart which is 183499251183 times different from Light
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 16:04   Link #155
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
well i think Lulu could be unnnnnnnstopable with his outstanding brain
the only thing make his plan fail is his heart which is 183499251183 times different from Light
Spoiler for for the most major difference between the two:

i loved this series, excelent plot
animation was alright for me and the music outstanding
i liked the voice actors as well =3
i'm so giving it a 10
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 04:30   Link #156
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Scan For S2 is out; Seems Both are Alive.

Either that or Somebody is impersonating Lelouch?

Spoiler for Magazine Cover:

Seems Suzaku is also promoted.

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 04:51   Link #157
AnimeFangirl

Could be somebody else impersonating him. And of course they'd show both of them in the pic, they wouldn't want to give the game away so quickly and easily.
Old 2007-12-09, 11:12   Link #158
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
Scan For S2 is out; Seems Both are Alive.

Either that or Somebody is impersonating Lelouch?

Spoiler for Magazine Cover:

Seems Suzaku is also promoted.
not meant to be the party pooper but thsi has nothing to do with the overall series rating & impressions

either way, why do people keep on saying they hate Suzaku..
okay so he's kind of blind.. its not like Lelouch is giving him an easy time in explaining his actions...
would've loved to see more childhood scenes through out the show, i kind of missed that ;-;
the second lacking thing: they didn't release all music used in the series...
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 18:18   Link #159
Velden

Thumbs up

Really liked the show.
Spoiler for CG:
Velden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 18:26   Link #160
NewYinzer

Really like the show, 10/10, mainly for its plot and well-developed characters. And Giant Robots. I can't function correctly without giant robots. I would be going way too far to say that it's the Evangelion of the 2000's, it's more like the Mobile Suit Gundam of the 2000's (the original UC, not the current crappy versions).
NewYinzer is offline   Reply With Quote