AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-01, 20:08   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Higurashi Rei - (afterthoughts on C71 fan disk)

So, for those who have played Rei (one way or the other), any afterthoughts on Saikoroshi-hen?

My take:

Spoiler:

So we're hopefully off to "Umineko no Naku Koroni" (temp title) for summer 2007 Comike. We shall see what Ryu-chan has in store for us.
Old 2007-01-01, 23:19   Link #2
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
So, for those who have played Rei (one way or the other), any afterthoughts on Saikoroshi-hen?

My take:

Spoiler:

So we're hopefully off to "Umineko no Naku Koroni" (temp title) for summer 2007 Comike. We shall see what Ryu-chan has in store for us.

I feel the same way.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-02, 11:31   Link #3
tehtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I feel the same way.

Spoiler:
What IF what you said was true?
Spoiler:

Last edited by tehtf; 2007-01-02 at 11:45.
Old 2007-01-03, 22:11   Link #4
Rias

I might missed a critical point in Saikoroshi-hen or something, but...

Spoiler:

Old 2007-01-03, 23:37   Link #5
imac2much

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-04, 01:07   Link #6
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
I might missed a critical point in Saikoroshi-hen or something, but...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-04, 04:27   Link #7
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Spoiler:

I guess it's just that world only then. I guess I was just confused
Old 2007-01-05, 04:52   Link #8
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Finally got a chance to work my way though this.

Once again, hats off to Ryukishi-san and his amazing writing skill. I was honestly expecting nothing more than a light-hearted epilogue-ish story, but what I got was a truly engaging story that had me on the edge of my seat the entire way. The fact game players like us have gotten to know the characters and the world so well really helped. Personally, I was able to dive into the story right away, feeling everything at full impact.

Spoiler:

Quote:
I guess it's just that world only then. I guess I was just confused
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-26, 15:37   Link #9
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

from what i am getting from you guys... i think hanyuu is trying to show rika the importance of life and not get into any more car accidents :P . (and also not take it for granted )

like a harsh but cool punishment for making everyone worry bout her

(they should so OVA this)

Last edited by kingsky123; 2007-10-26 at 15:40. Reason: one more thing...
Old 2007-11-01, 11:50   Link #10
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Finally got a chance to work my way though this.

Once again, hats off to Ryukishi-san and his amazing writing skill. I was honestly expecting nothing more than a light-hearted epilogue-ish story, but what I got was a truly engaging story that had me on the edge of my seat the entire way. The fact game players like us have gotten to know the characters and the world so well really helped. Personally, I was able to dive into the story right away, feeling everything at full impact.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sorry about the long post here.
Old 2007-11-09, 13:16   Link #11
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Do Rika's parents have known names? I imagine if any arc contains them, it's got to be in here.
Old 2007-11-11, 22:24   Link #12
Roll

I don't know japanese, so I had to play with the Anime Games Text Hooker, And the feeling was not the same, as I didn't understood many things, for example:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-30, 19:15   Link #13
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
I don't know japanese, so I had to play with the Anime Games Text Hooker, And the feeling was not the same, as I didn't understood many things, for example:

Spoiler:
There's a part where Hanyuu says:
"あなたはその手を母の血に染めてなんかいない。 
あれは全部、……梨花に意地悪したかった僕の見せた、「夢」なのですから。"

Roughly:
"You didn't dye your hands in your mother's blood.
Because all that was...... a "dream" I mischievously showed to you."

Just another question:
In the end of Saikoroshi-hen, Hanyuu appears only in her spirit form
Didn't she turn into human in Matsuribayashi-hen?
Or can she switch between the two forms and decided to use her spirit form at the end?
Or there's something at the end of Matsuribayashi-hen that explains her being spirit only (I didn't read it) ?
Old 2007-12-18, 12:14   Link #14
Rias

One theory has it that there's a time limit, just like how Hanyuu's power is getting weaker per "reset".

The other theory, which seems that the anime might be supporting (?), is that Saikoroshi-hen is the real ending to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, where Matsuribayashi-hen was only there to explain and fill in all the missing history. Theory suggests that for some unknown reason, Rika was killed (perhaps by Takano, who escaped the institute), and thus another "reset" was needed. Then we move to Saikoroshi-hen, which started from the end of Miotsukushi-hen (thus Hanyuu isn't physically there).

The way "adult Rika" shows up at the world where Miyoko got all her flags, which happened in Saikoroshi-hen world, (episode 24 part C) might be hinting that theory.
Old 2007-12-18, 13:22   Link #15
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
One theory has it that there's a time limit, just like how Hanyuu's power is getting weaker per "reset".

The other theory, which seems that the anime might be supporting (?), is that Saikoroshi-hen is the real ending to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, where Matsuribayashi-hen was only there to explain and fill in all the missing history. Theory suggests that for some unknown reason, Rika was killed (perhaps by Takano, who escaped the institute), and thus another "reset" was needed. Then we move to Saikoroshi-hen, which started from the end of Miotsukushi-hen (thus Hanyuu isn't physically there).

The way "adult Rika" shows up at the world where Miyoko got all her flags, which happened in Saikoroshi-hen world, (episode 24 part C) might be hinting that theory.
Well
it makes sense
but I'd rather go with the first theory

too much stuff guessed on this second one (rika killed, takano escaped)
besides
Takano getting all the flags only happened in the "ideal" world, the world where nothing goes wrong, the world where we don't have higurashi's story
Old 2007-12-18, 15:02   Link #16
Rias

Takano did escape in Matsuribayashi-hen's ending...
Old 2007-12-18, 17:14   Link #17
Roll

Quote:
Takano did escape in Matsuribayashi-hen's ending...
How do you know? O_O Is it mentioned on the sound novel? (Sorry, but no, I haven't read Matsuribayashi-hen : P)
Old 2007-12-18, 19:19   Link #18
Eryops

Quote:

Personally I hope that this isn't what takes place. After all, it would render the victory the characters achieved in Matsuribayashi-hen meaningless. And I don't think that the victories in Tsumihoboroshi-hen and Minagoroshi-hen should be considered meaningless, since they both taught Rika how to fight fate and allowed the other characters to unconsciously avoid repeating their previous mistakes.

I suppose that having Rika die and then appearing in Saikoroshi-hen, followed by Miotsukushi-hen would allow the third season to continue in the same vein as before, but I would find it rather unsatisfying.
Old 2007-12-18, 19:39   Link #19
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

That's also a reason some people consider Miotsukushi-hen to be bittersweet
Old 2007-12-18, 21:02   Link #20
Rias

Quote:
How do you know? O_O Is it mentioned on the sound novel? (Sorry, but no, I haven't read Matsuribayashi-hen : P)
It's from the game.

Quote:
Personally I hope that this isn't what takes place. After all, it would render the victory the characters achieved in Matsuribayashi-hen meaningless. And I don't think that the victories in Tsumihoboroshi-hen and Minagoroshi-hen should be considered meaningless, since they both taught Rika how to fight fate and allowed the other characters to unconsciously avoid repeating their previous mistakes.

I suppose that having Rika die and then appearing in Saikoroshi-hen, followed by Miotsukushi-hen would allow the third season to continue in the same vein as before, but I would find it rather unsatisfying
If you think that way, then the victory of Matsuribayashi-hen isn't meaningless. I personally didn't like Matsuribayashi-hen too much, as the core of the story was mainly only about Rika and friends fighting against Takano and Yamainu. It was a world that was nicely set up for Rika to only tackle on Rule Y, as Rule X was non-existent, and Rule Z was actually worked to the group's favor. Having a nice and happy setting for the world just isn't what Higurashi no Naku Koro ni has been about.

Thus there is Miotsukushi-hen, which address that "flaw" and introduces the "Trials of Hanyuu". Of course, Miotsukushi-hen wasn't that great itself, as it left out all the background details for some reason, had a controversial setting for Hanyuu, and cheesy OP music poping up all the time

So personally, Saikoroshi-hen is the real ending for me.