AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-05-18, 16:46   Link #21
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
not really. wanksta was okay but what brought him national attention was "in da club". that song alone is what got him those multi-platinum sells and made him who he is. and i heard of 50 before this and he was okay. he's slightly better than the average rapper (J-Kwon or any of these noobs) out there but he depends way too much on the beats. i only like his songs due to the catchy beats. if u compare him to the greats, he sucks.

eminem may claim him to be a good rapper but he has really done nothing to impress me. he has no imagination and his lyrics are lame. i mean what da hell is this (taken from wanna get to know you):

What would fuck me up more
Watching her lick her lips
Or watching her walk she hypnotize me with her hips (yeah) man
I sweet talking her if she like
Cause all she really want is a nigga to treat her right right
Look I'm legit now used to break laws
Now you can reap the benefit of world tours
Big house big Benz girl it yours
Mink coats Italian shoes stones with no flaws
You ain't go to look like a model for me to adore you
All you gotta do is love me and be loyal
Don't Indulge in my past fuck what happened before you
Cause their be some honies gonna hate you that never saw you
Come here let my touch on you I let you touch on me
Put my tounge on you you put your tounge on me
Let me ride on you and you can ride on
We can do it all the night
We can have a balla night

i can come up w/ better bullshit that this. what sells is the hook and beats in hiphop and that's what he's using. Joe is the hook and beats I think came from Eminem but I am not sure about that...
One i think its nice and its a song about a girl not life death,niggaz,hood ghetto. Second did he write it?
Old 2004-05-18, 16:49   Link #22
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
One i think its nice and its a song about a girl not life death,niggaz,hood ghetto. Second did he write it?
lol. you're easily pleased then if it comes to rap. these type of raps come a dime a dozen.

as to your question, i was under the assumption that he wrote it because he likes to rap his own lines.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 17:27   Link #23
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
as to your question, i was under the assumption that he wrote it because he likes to rap his own lines.
Not always, btw you know ''Many men'' from 50 cent. If you don't like that, you don't like 50 cent.
Old 2004-05-18, 19:29   Link #24
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
lol. you're easily pleased then if it comes to rap. these type of raps come a dime a dozen.

I think old school rap has died out (except for freestyle rap), and instead, a hip-hop version of rap with alot of beats has emerged. And the top 10 lists of any poll show that most people like how it is now.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 19:45   Link #25
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I think old school rap has died out (except for freestyle rap), and instead, a hip-hop version of rap with alot of beats has emerged. And the top 10 lists of any poll show that most people like how it is now.
even so, you can make good hip-hop rap. it has been done. to name a few: outkast, ludicrous, and eminem really stand out for me. outkast totally changed up their style in the last 2 albums (love below and speakerboxx) and ludicrous lives up to his name by making fun songs. Eminem gets mad props because his raps all over the place and it's not just about living in the ghetto, acting tough and being and gangsta, gettin' hoes and tons of cash and killing people... he'll rap about something different which is more than i can say for the average rapper. notable mention is jay-z but his rap has been getting weaker and weaker. his last album was not bad but far from being close to when he started out. he does get extra bonus pts for never writing his lyrics. all his raps are done from his head and mind supposedly (like the late Notoriious BIG). he's supposedly retired but i am doubting it...

Last edited by dragonz20; 2004-05-18 at 20:04.
Old 2004-05-18, 22:53   Link #26
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Jay-Z's best album was Reasonable Doubt... Black Album has it's moments... but imo... Jay-Z fell off...

alright... since ya'll are now chattin about other hip hop artists... I will recommend some.... check out Pete Rock and CL Smooth, Gangstarr, Heiroglyphics, Jeru the Damaja, Little Brother (and of course 9th Wonder), Black Moon, Smif-n-Wessun, The Roots, Dujeous, etc..... you will understand what real hip hop is...
Old 2004-05-18, 23:52   Link #27
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
Jay-Z's best album was Reasonable Doubt... Black Album has it's moments... but imo... Jay-Z fell off...

alright... since ya'll are now chattin about other hip hop artists... I will recommend some.... check out Pete Rock and CL Smooth, Gangstarr, Heiroglyphics, Jeru the Damaja, Little Brother (and of course 9th Wonder), Black Moon, Smif-n-Wessun, The Roots, Dujeous, etc..... you will understand what real hip hop is...
if you named Little Brother then u definitely know what good hip hop is... lol
Old 2004-05-19, 00:46   Link #28
mah_damey

Ja Rule SUCKS! eminem is a whiney loser who cries about how he hates his dad and how he hates his bitch of a gf. a bunch of his songs sound the same, n like dragon sed, his lyrics are retarded. theres nvr gonna be another tupac. NVR EVER EVER. he cant be replaced.
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 01:25   Link #29
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

little brother is a great group... if you checked their album (The Listening) you would see that they are good... 9th's beats are very good... and he's been producing tracks for other cats like Jay-Z, Murs, etc... and remixes a whole bunch of shit... don't sleep on Little Brother... tracks don't have to be hardcore to be good...
Old 2004-05-19, 03:22   Link #30
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

IMO all the best rappers are dead. MY all time favourite "BigPun The "Capital Punishment" album was my crush. Biggy and 2pac. Hail to the source. The actual stuff is not as pure but I like Nas, Methodman, Raza and last but far from least, Gangstarr .
Old 2004-05-19, 06:15   Link #31
IntegraTypeR

Aftermath smashed on 'tha ink' on every mixtape. Ja started the beef to get attention on him since he sucks at making mysic.

Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Tony Yayo > 50 cent (Pop star)

R.I.P Tupac Shakur -- G.O.A.T
IntegraTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 07:22   Link #32
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
To be honest, I have never really liked rap....some songs that have rap incorporated into it sound ok, though I can't think of any off the top of my head....ah well...

But yeah... so 2pac's body was never found?? Is it also possible that he didn't want fame anymore, and he fleed to another country?? I think one of you mentioned that there had been sightings in Cuba....

As for 50 cent, his lyrics suck, and his voice sucks, he sounds like he's mumbling a lot of crap. I don't like Feminem, but he actually speaks his lyrics instead of muttering them...

If none of this makes sense, give me a break - I have had a bad day....
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 09:13   Link #33
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
The Aftermath/ INC feud gave birth to some of my favorite songs ever. I mean classics like "Do Re Mi", "Bump Heads", "Hail Mary 2003", "Go To Sleep" and "Bodyguard" I mean, all Dre had to say on "Bodyguard" was "Yo, itīs Dre" and you just know that Ja is owned.
BME is offline   Reply With Quote