AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-05, 04:12   Link #101
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
Watched the first episode, and I've only got two words for this - atrocious dialogues. Ugh.
LOL! Don't forget the ridiculous code-names: One (de:Ein), Two (de:Zwei), Scythe-Master

Anyway, like Noir, which kicked off this girls with guns X Bee-Train, the whole premise comes with some ridiculous elements, but still I found it quite intriguing.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 04:21   Link #102
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Haha, how could I forget? I was waiting for someone to come out and spill the joke, wishful thinking, I know.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 09:43   Link #103
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
LOL! Don't forget the ridiculous code-names: One (de:Ein), Two (de:Zwei), Scythe-Master

Anyway, like Noir, which kicked off this girls with guns X Bee-Train, the whole premise comes with some ridiculous elements, but still I found it quite intriguing.
I don't think that the names "Ein" and "Zwei" are ridiculous. It relegates them to being weapons/machines/puppets and not humans. Reinforces that they are tools to be used without a say. In fact since those are "positions" and not actual names, they have no individuality whatsoever. Having a real name or a semblance of one gives you an identity after all and the ability to have independent thoughts.

The name "Scythe-Master" is not the same as "Ein" or "Zwei" as it is imposing and reverend. As such, individuality and the ability to have independent thoughts is given to this man.

It prob should be pointed out again that Phantom (release date 2000) predates Noir (release date 2001). On the surface, Noir = 2 girl Phantom.
Old 2009-04-05, 10:03   Link #104
LKK

I don't find the numbered code names ridiculous either. The idea of agents using numbered code names has been around at least since the James Bond days and probably longer. What I do wonder about though is the (seemingly) random use of German numbers. Why German?? Just cuz it sounds more dangerous or something??

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 10:58   Link #105
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I like it a lot!!!... i dont find anything ridiculous... i love the mood, the animation and the action. It kind of remind me Darker than black...
Old 2009-04-05, 11:12   Link #106
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I don't think that the names "Ein" and "Zwei" are ridiculous. It relegates them to being weapons/machines/puppets and not humans. Reinforces that they are tools to be used without a say. In fact since those are "positions" and not actual names, they have no individuality whatsoever. Having a real name or a semblance of one gives you an identity after all and the ability to have independent thoughts.

The name "Scythe-Master" is not the same as "Ein" or "Zwei" as it is imposing and reverend. As such, individuality and the ability to have independent thoughts is given to this man.
Or because 99% of the japanese audience will think cool euro names By the way that's probably why they numbered in german, since at least half of the audience will know the first two numerals in english

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It prob should be pointed out again that Phantom (release date 2000) predates Noir (release date 2001). On the surface, Noir = 2 girl Phantom.
Despite loving Noir, I certainly hope that Phantom is not the heterosexual combination.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 11:40   Link #107
Kitsu
The unlucky one

It's EinS seriously it annoys me somehow. Ein just sounds so wrong.
Well it does seem interesting and the animation is quite good, in my opinion. The BGM is fitting and is it just me or is that Ending from Ali Project xD The first tune and I knew it just so great. Well I like their work so a plus for that one. I'll watch this fur sure...finally a bit gun action it's a long time since I watched something with a coldblooded killer girl

BTW since Marisa stole the precious thing many Japanese know the meaning of eins, zwei and guten Morgen *joking*

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-04-05 at 11:53.
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 12:05   Link #108
Wattstax

There is a reason for giving them german names. Just wait...
Wattstax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 19:56   Link #109
Proudleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
It's EinS seriously it annoys me somehow. Ein just sounds so wrong.
Well it does seem interesting and the animation is quite good, in my opinion. The BGM is fitting and is it just me or is that Ending from Ali Project xD The first tune and I knew it just so great. Well I like their work so a plus for that one. I'll watch this fur sure...finally a bit gun action it's a long time since I watched something with a coldblooded killer girl

BTW since Marisa stole the precious thing many Japanese know the meaning of eins, zwei and guten Morgen *joking*
In german, "Eins" means one and "Zwei" means two (they removed the "s" and sticked with "Ein" to make her name more referable, I imagine). Thus, Ein is the first assassin and Zwei is the second--a concept thats repeatedly referenced by Ein in the episode.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 20:58   Link #110
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, the action was awesome but there was a lot of "wtf is going on" but since its the first episode I'll hope they explain it.

I can't stand the doctor guy in the white coat and glasses, I hope he kicks the bucket soon.

And also hope for a better "source" to watch this anime if it starts to get good.
Old 2009-04-05, 21:09   Link #111
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I believe the first episode was alright, it did a fair job of showing every relevant character, even the Yakuza guys, and surprisingly even Cal (and her mom O.O) had a screen.
The action was OK, but I somehow didn't really liked such stuff from Scythe like: "the world's best sniper"
I mean that's just sounds silly really. What he bases on his opinion? Does he follow all the worlds sniper-competitions (or even makes zwei to take part in them lol) to have any idea how close are his pupils or what? If not it wouldn't be appropriate to claim such a thing. It seemed a bit less irritatable in the game as far as I can remember.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series, because while I enjoyed the story of the game, the DVD system gave me real nightmares (especially unlocking the second part), and I couldn't feel motivated to see the other endings. Speaking of which I wonder which ending the anime is going to follow. I tend to believe Ein's but only future tells.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 21:43   Link #112
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
It's EinS seriously it annoys me somehow. Ein just sounds so wrong....
Now you know how native English-speakers feel about all the amazing Engrish in Japanese media. Or at least how those of us who are anal about grammar and spelling feel, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 05:34   Link #113
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Ein is still better than Einsu

i am fan of noir/madlax/GwG/beetrainwreck so this anime is perfect!! just what the doctor ordered , music is also a big plus!!
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 08:11   Link #114
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Zwei sounds even worse. They should choose names that they can say, even if it is in a manga. lol.
Old 2009-04-06, 10:57   Link #115
Mei

I really loved the first episode of this. Cannot wait to see more and see how it develops. Does anyone know how long the series is going to be yet? I am presuming around 24 episodes, however would really like to know. Some of the dialogue seemed a little obscure but nothing too bad... yet. One of my favourites for this season.
Mei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 11:29   Link #116
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch the first episode :

Hmmm , the design are good , remind me Noir , El cazador de la bruja etc .. this kind of anime .
I find that it was like you though "ridiculous" . Well , i'll watch the 2nd episode to know more about the anime .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 12:21   Link #117
ffp3fdhgu

I wonder which ending route in the game this anime will take? the title is requiem for phantom, guess it's not going to be Ein true ending, heh
ffp3fdhgu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 13:12   Link #118
Nanami
~ stray wolf ~

This anime definitely have a chance to turn out to be very good... And the music is just AWESOME! Especially Karma by Kokia (opening). I simpy can listen to it and listen for the whole time. And background music is just awesome - male choir! As far this has the best music among this season anime. Well, I don't like or dislike ALI PROJECT so I think ending is good considering an atmos[here of this anime.
Nanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 17:06   Link #119
Fishman

best show this season.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 21:06   Link #120
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
best show this season.
I'd love to hear more on this particular thought...honestly might help me to remember the show since between now and (About half a dozen new season premier episodes) whenever during the day I watched the blasted thing I've forgotten most of it... *cough*

So you could say it didn't leave a a huge impression aside from their being a pink caddy, a cute maid with a gun, and some sort of crime syndicate. Ah well I think assassin #1 makes it worthwhile enough to watch for now.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen