Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-06-02, 00:36   Link #2221
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I think it's probably a training to calm his heart, not necessary because what he's fighting is dangerous. It seemed Kenichi was getting nervous just from hearing the origin of the martial art, this training might be meant to pacifify his spirit and allow him to fully utilize his Ryuusei Seikuukan.
No that was solved, when Kenichi heard about that Ethans martial arts was the origin of the Martial Arts he did get nervous, but it was solved by what Honoka and his masters said. Cant remember but they said something and he was at ease a little.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 04:34   Link #2222
awangsig

i realy like read kenichi ..
its prety rare indonesia characters appear on manga . the back ground story about raden jihan ...well ...not to accurate ,..actualy yes we do still have kings or sultan in indonesia but they dont have any political power anymore ...we dont need to knell down before them anymore ...raden actualy do not means prince, its an title for a noble ,like sir or, count or lord in english .if jihan is a king he sould been call kanjeng or sultan .. but its okay..its just manga
but something realy bugging me about the name raden jihan and his master silcardo jenazad...
"jihan" actualy a girl name.....
silcardo jenazad...jenazad is a cool name and prety match for the character ..actualy "jenazad" means corpse or the dead.... silcardo...hmm iam not sure its not indonesian name but i got some indonesian name and phrase that resamble
1.silado (famili name)
2.shikat (literely means to brush, but in pencak silat terms its mean fast continues cut strikes, the movement that jihan use to attack kenichi eye repeatly similar to kembangan shikat mata or fast cut blooming flower eye ).
...shikat jenazad/ fast cut of the dead
.i think its cool name and fit properly with the character...yeah just my tough toou
awangsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 13:05   Link #2223
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by awangsig View Post
i realy like read kenichi ..
its prety rare indonesia characters appear on manga . the back ground story about raden jihan ...well ...not to accurate ,..actualy yes we do still have kings or sultan in indonesia but they dont have any political power anymore ...we dont need to knell down before them anymore ...raden actualy do not means prince, its an title for a noble ,like sir or, count or lord in english .if jihan is a king he sould been call kanjeng or sultan .. but its okay..its just manga
but something realy bugging me about the name raden jihan and his master silcardo jenazad...
"jihan" actualy a girl name.....
silcardo jenazad...jenazad is a cool name and prety match for the character ..actualy "jenazad" means corpse or the dead.... silcardo...hmm iam not sure its not indonesian name but i got some indonesian name and phrase that resamble
1.silado (famili name)
2.shikat (literely means to brush, but in pencak silat terms its mean fast continues cut strikes, the movement that jihan use to attack kenichi eye repeatly similar to kembangan shikat mata or fast cut blooming flower eye ).
...shikat jenazad/ fast cut of the dead
.i think its cool name and fit properly with the character...yeah just my tough toou
WTF hard to read your comment lol
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 15:00   Link #2224
Fran~
floating away...

ahhh.. Kenichi is dead training with the elder...
Old 2009-06-02, 15:13   Link #2225
Terrean

Hmm...
So, if the fight with Ethan was finished, we had seen all of Yomi except Kajima and the hooded guy... *excited*
http://www.onemanga.com/Historys_Str...enichi/188/01/

Training with the elder is bound to be great
Old 2009-06-02, 15:36   Link #2226
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrean View Post
Hmm...
So, if the fight with Ethan was finished, we had seen all of Yomi except Kajima and the hooded guy... *excited*
http://www.onemanga.com/Historys_Str...enichi/188/01/

Training with the elder is bound to be great
I think Ethan is the hooded guy... "Nothingness"...

The other hooded guy in that picture must be Kajima...

So we've seen them all.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 15:45   Link #2227
NoLongerSane

I think there is another hooded guy there. On the 266 "Kajima Satomi" chapter, there is Ethan sitting next to his sister. There is a hooded guy talking to Chikage, Kajima, and Tirwat at the game table. Pg.10 on OM.

Anyway, the good thing about having the Elder training Kenichi is that there might be some more information given on the Elder's past by the Elder himself. It would be nice if the Elder were to give out more information between him and Mikumo.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 19:20   Link #2228
Xacual

There should be 10 disciples right? Ethan, Rachel, Chikage, Kajima, Tirawat, Boris, Ryuto, Shou, and the Prince guy(I forget his name) leaves one more unknown.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 19:50   Link #2229
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Thats right there is one more left.
Old 2009-06-02, 20:51   Link #2230
noktown

HSDK is almost harem now except for the fact that he doesn't live with the girls,only 1 of them ;p

I expect a huge boost from elder,every time he trained with elder he learned something big,so this time i expect no less..
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 20:58   Link #2231
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
HSDK is almost harem now except for the fact that he doesn't live with the girls,only 1 of them ;p
True this manga can now have the tag Harem in Comady, Romance, Martial Arts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I expect a huge boost from elder,every time he trained with elder he learned something big,so this time i expect no less..
Me too, because the fact Elder is famous for never taking disciples and that the fact he is willing too train Kenichi is something thats enough too make Kenichi famous in the Martial arts world.
Old 2009-06-03, 01:36   Link #2232
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, he can learn some of the Elder's 108 secret techniques...like how to talk 2 times simultaneously
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 01:55   Link #2233
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yeah, he can learn some of the Elder's 108 secret techniques...like how to talk 2 times simultaneously
Rofl that would've been funny/weird to see Kenichi doing something like this xD

I mean for him that would've probably been useless ;o
Old 2009-06-03, 03:17   Link #2234
Wargumm1i
Hentai

True but still it would be a nice party trick.
Old 2009-06-03, 13:38   Link #2235
qwertzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
There should be 10 disciples right? Ethan, Rachel, Chikage, Kajima, Tirawat, Boris, Ryuto, Shou, and the Prince guy(I forget his name) leaves one more unknown.
Maybe it's actually Hermit who secretly has joined YOMI. (Just joking) But where the hell is he anyway? Maybe kept busy by Honoka.

Quote:
He could use it to startle Ethan during the fight an then attack. ^^" Uh, no.

I really hope for Kenichi to learn a completely new technique. Whe the Seikuuken and its variations are very useful it would be nice to see him using something new.
qwertzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 18:45   Link #2236
silat79

Hi all,

I'm new here so please bare with me...

Regarding the upcoming Kenichi vs Pollux:

I really hope Pollux will defeat Kenichi. Why? Because it will add a new twist to the manga. Just imagine how an Elder-trained Kenichi is not just defeated, but maybe will suffer from serious damage like broken bones or something, will do to the manga in general. Maybe from this setback, the other Shinpaku Alliance fighters would have their chances to show their worth by filling in Kenichi's shoes for a while during his rehabilitation. Or even more time for the Masters to fight it out between themselves.

Also the fact that Kenichi is always winning is sort of a letdown in terms of the suspense.

Regarding how Pencak Silat is portrayed in Kenichi:

I'm happy that Pencak Silat exists in this manga because this occasion is very rare. However, I hope the author would delved more in the Pencak Silat world because just like Chinese Kung Fu, there are hundreds of Pencak Silat styles in the world. In my country, Malaysia, alone, there are approximately more than 300 styles/schools. In Indonesia, there might be more than 500!! Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, and Brunei also have their owns styles/schools.

I really hope that Raden Jihan is not dead, but was saved by, say another Silat Master who has his qualms against Silcardo Jenazad. It would be interesting to have another group of Masters and their own disciples that are neither Yomi/Yami or Ryozanpaku, but a neutral group that have grudges against Masters from both sides. Tsutomo (i hope i got that right) Tanaka might be one of them (he is the one with the grudge againts Isshinsai right??)

Can't wait for the Pollux vs Kenichi fight....

Last edited by silat79; 2009-06-03 at 18:56.
silat79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 22:25   Link #2237
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by silat79 View Post
Hi all,

I'm new here so please bare with me...

Regarding the upcoming Kenichi vs Pollux:

I really hope Pollux will defeat Kenichi. Why? Because it will add a new twist to the manga. Just imagine how an Elder-trained Kenichi is not just defeated, but maybe will suffer from serious damage like broken bones or something, will do to the manga in general. Maybe from this setback, the other Shinpaku Alliance fighters would have their chances to show their worth by filling in Kenichi's shoes for a while during his rehabilitation. Or even more time for the Masters to fight it out between themselves.

Also the fact that Kenichi is always winning is sort of a letdown in terms of the suspense.
Hmm... I think what you're asking for has already happened, when Tirawit "killed" Kenichi... But for argument's sake, even if Ethan defeats Kenichi it still wouldn't mean more action for the Shinpaku Alliance. YOMI has no quarrel with them, they are only interested in the "Ryzanpaku's disciple". And the masters are fighting it out already.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 23:55   Link #2238
silat79

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Hmm... I think what you're asking for has already happened, when Tirawit "killed" Kenichi... But for argument's sake, even if Ethan defeats Kenichi it still wouldn't mean more action for the Shinpaku Alliance. YOMI has no quarrel with them, they are only interested in the "Ryzanpaku's disciple". And the masters are fighting it out already.
Hi aliasxn,

Yeah, Tirawit really did a number on Kenichi before. I guess what I'm saying is that what if something happended to Kenichi that would seriously made him unable to fight. If I remember correctly, Tirawit not only 'killed' him, but also messed with Kenichi's head via psychological attacks.

Like what Chikage told Miu, Pollux is an efficient fighter that will go straight for the kill. What if Kenichi's arms were broken or things like that? And given that Chikage has to witness the fight, then it would be interesting to see how both Yami/Yomi and Ryozanpaku react to that.

Basically I'm saying that I find it rather boring if Kenichi always win (sorry )
silat79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 00:33   Link #2239
noktown

Well he did loose against Tirawit as you said,so i think it's enough for a shounen manga ;o

What i want to see as i already said it million times,a furious Kenichi you know,out of control,angry,wow that would've probably been so epic ;o
Old 2009-06-04, 00:42   Link #2240
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I think the main reason why Tirawit won completely, was because he was mind tricking and using dirty tricks like throwing the people he trained too attack Kenichi when Kenichi had knocked them out onto Kenichi.

Tags
shounen