AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 15:17   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Manga Discussion

Author: KAWAKAMI Minoru

Artist: TAKENAKA Hideo

Serialized in: Dengeki Daioh (ASCII Media Works)

Publishing Year: 2011

The manga is adapted from the original novel. The synopsis in the following stolen from Wiki:
In the far future, humans abandon the devastated Earth and move to the upper world "Tenjo". But Tenjo and the law of causation collapse by a war and humans returns to the Earth, which has turns into an inhabitable planet except for Shinshu area. Shinshu is too small to accommodate all the humans, so they duplicate the area and create "Juso Sekai". In order to rebuild Tenjo and the law of causation, the returned humans start reproduction of history from B.C. 10,000. When the reproduction completes until A.D. 1413, a war breaks out in Shinshu and Juso Sekai falls onto the original world. The humans living in Juso Sekai lose their land and invade the original world. People in Shinshu surrender and is divided by the invaders from Juso Sekai. They try to resume the history reproduction from A.D.1457, but the update of history terminates in A.D.1648. A rumor of apocalypse begins to spread around the world.
Please keep in mind that the thread is for discussing the manga only. All novel discussion will need to go into the corresponding novel discussion thread. Thanks.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 05:30   Link #2
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Chapter 2 was out, it basically cover 2nd episode of anime while chapter 1 was covering episode 1

not surprisingly much more details were explained/covered in both chapter compared to the anime
Old 2012-08-16, 05:45   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Everytime I watch an episode, I silently express my silent condolences to the translator and the editor who are working on my english subtitle. Any attempt made to translate the manga should be a bit easier considering the novel and the anime paved the way. I also beg your forgiveness for the presumptuous me!
Old 2012-08-20, 03:18   Link #4
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Horizon is so tiring to translate, walls of text ERRYWHUR ;w;
30ish pages of Madoka x Nanoha episode 02 took me all of one day; I'd be lucky to get Horizon done in a week.
Zeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 04:06   Link #5
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroblade View Post
Horizon is so tiring to translate, walls of text ERRYWHUR ;w;
30ish pages of Madoka x Nanoha episode 02 took me all of one day; I'd be lucky to get Horizon done in a week.
If you need a constant stream of pick-me-up for motivation, I'll be more than happy to link you to Horizon Image thread.
Old 2012-10-10, 08:34   Link #6
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I just read the manga series and I haven't seen Tomo lose her temper that quickly.
Plus, there are a lot of stuff which hasn't been focused on in the anime series. It's a great read while watching the anime.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 13:35   Link #7
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Yeah, um, I haven't gotten to working on chapter 5 yet. Forgive me.

But, my friend who came back from Japan brought back a preview booklet with lots of Dengeki Bunko manga serials with lots of side stories and stuff. Including Horizon, of course. I borrowed it and snapped pics of both the Horizon manga and Horako manga. You can get them here: http://www.mediafire.com/?s6e6rlkb1cj796y (sorry for the terrible terrible pictures). They're 8 pages each.

There's also some more stuff in the booklet:
  • ookami-san to 7nin no nakamatachi side story;
  • ore no kouhai ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai expedited (?) ver.;
  • kyoukaisen manga side story;
  • horako-san 4koma (official ver. from dengeki bunko);
  • saihate no shroud side story;
  • sakurasou no pet na kanojo (i think also side story);
  • strike the blood (prolly side story);
  • sword art online fairy dance (from the actual manga?);
  • tokage no ou (also from actual manga);
  • toradora side story(?); hataraku maou-sama side story(?);
  • hataraku maou-sama high school (from actual manga?);
  • hana x hana side story(?);
  • boku to kanojo no game sensou (from actual manga);
  • maou na ano musume to murabito A (side story?);
  • mahouryou koukou no yuutousei side story;
  • mahouryou koukou no rettousei side story
  • and some ro-kyu-bu 4koma.

But I kinda have to give it back already so if anyone happens to see this before I turn in, I'll try to take some pictures of that too.

I also took the liberty of translating a couple panels from the manga:

Sakai x Musashi-san OTP.
(tsuntsun musashi is great)

Basically, the manga was about Okutama having to view and transcribe tokusatsu for Sakai and then wondering what the heck Sakai does in his usual routine. Musashi decides to investigate, and realizes that Sakai doesn't do a damned thing but philander around with other people. After passing by the Blue Thunder and running into Toori stalking Horizon, she also bumps into Sakai, whereupon the above two panels take place. Okutama is still working on Sakai's tokusatsu. ~The end~

And some 4koma:

Here's the full res versions if for some weird reason you want them:
panels
4koma1
4koma2

There's a bunch more but AHHHH gotta read some papers for my thesis meeting tomorrow. I'll toss over the pics to the guy in charge of Translations in the Middle of Nowhere later on, if no one else here does it ahead. Or something I dunno.

PS: you can give your thanks to @tri_edge777 for lending me the booklet.

Last edited by Zeroblade; 2012-11-06 at 13:46.
Zeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 07:06   Link #8
EmotionThatSaves
The Dark heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroblade View Post
Yeah, um, I haven't gotten to working on chapter 5 yet. Forgive me.

But, my friend who came back from Japan brought back a preview booklet with lots of Dengeki Bunko manga serials with lots of side stories and stuff. Including Horizon, of course. I borrowed it and snapped pics of both the Horizon manga and Horako manga. You can get them here: http://www.mediafire.com/?s6e6rlkb1cj796y (sorry for the terrible terrible pictures). They're 8 pages each.

There's also some more stuff in the booklet:
  • ookami-san to 7nin no nakamatachi side story;
  • ore no kouhai ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai expedited (?) ver.;
  • kyoukaisen manga side story;
  • horako-san 4koma (official ver. from dengeki bunko);
  • saihate no shroud side story;
  • sakurasou no pet na kanojo (i think also side story);
  • strike the blood (prolly side story);
  • sword art online fairy dance (from the actual manga?);
  • tokage no ou (also from actual manga);
  • toradora side story(?); hataraku maou-sama side story(?);
  • hataraku maou-sama high school (from actual manga?);
  • hana x hana side story(?);
  • boku to kanojo no game sensou (from actual manga);
  • maou na ano musume to murabito A (side story?);
  • mahouryou koukou no yuutousei side story;
  • mahouryou koukou no rettousei side story
  • and some ro-kyu-bu 4koma.

But I kinda have to give it back already so if anyone happens to see this before I turn in, I'll try to take some pictures of that too.

I also took the liberty of translating a couple panels from the manga:

Sakai x Musashi-san OTP.
(tsuntsun musashi is great)

Basically, the manga was about Okutama having to view and transcribe tokusatsu for Sakai and then wondering what the heck Sakai does in his usual routine. Musashi decides to investigate, and realizes that Sakai doesn't do a damned thing but philander around with other people. After passing by the Blue Thunder and running into Toori stalking Horizon, she also bumps into Sakai, whereupon the above two panels take place. Okutama is still working on Sakai's tokusatsu. ~The end~

And some 4koma:

Here's the full res versions if for some weird reason you want them:
panels
4koma1
4koma2

There's a bunch more but AHHHH gotta read some papers for my thesis meeting tomorrow. I'll toss over the pics to the guy in charge of Translations in the Middle of Nowhere later on, if no one else here does it ahead. Or something I dunno.

PS: you can give your thanks to @tri_edge777 for lending me the booklet.
lol ah poor nate
and is nate's mom really that bad with doors?
Old 2012-12-03, 07:15   Link #9
tsunade666

lol Poor Nate.
Old 2012-12-04, 04:23   Link #10
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
and is nate's mom really that bad with doors?
Well, she is pretty big for those doors anyway.
I mean, look at her, she probably towers at around six feet, which makes her much taller than most of the Far Easterners.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-12-13, 22:32   Link #11
EmotionThatSaves
The Dark heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Well, she is pretty big for those doors anyway.
I mean, look at her, she probably towers at around six feet, which makes her much taller than most of the Far Easterners.
THATS NOT THE ONLY THATS BIG
Old 2013-02-01, 11:52   Link #12
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Chp 7 - Oh I'm just loving the faces/reactions to what was going on.

Yoshinao, poor guy. Thanks to Toori everyone knows he has no friends and plays games late at night.

Oh almost forgot but

Images
Hell yeah go Toori
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-02-01, 19:26   Link #13
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

You forgot this hilarious line:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshinao
I meant not to frighten you. Please forgive me.

Also, I play Solitaire, not Minesweeper. Alright?
Windows still exists in the futurepast?!

Old 2013-02-04, 12:13   Link #14
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Windows still exists in the futurepast?!
Well...okay I got nothing who knows why Yoshinao would be playing windows games and what not.

Also 4Koma chp6 - Horizon's curiousity on Nenji/Kenji/Hassasn/Persona/Lolicon was much appreciated. I liked learning a bit more about them. Is it bad that I had the same thoughts about Nenji as Toori?

Oh and Horizon with asking who breathed fire in Kimi, Asama & Nate's band was hilarious.