AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-16, 00:54   Link #1361
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well it's f2p now and already many are quitting again out of frustration over the p2win pay model and how even stuff like UI like Quickbars must be purchased with cartel coins. This isn't the best of starts for a fresh f2p change.

They really should have taken a page out of LoTRO on what to and not to do.
It's fine, Bioware and EA deserved it. I really wish the MMO model could move more sandboxy again.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 01:41   Link #1362
Destined_Fate

I just don't understand how they can be so out of touch with the MMO and f2p crowds. It's not that hard to look at what has proven to work and what hasn't.

Besides, the western market has made it quite clear that they loathe Pay2Win Cash Shops and that's pretty much what SWTOR is doing.

The reason LoTRO gets away with it is because you can earn points by just playing the game.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-11-16 at 01:54.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 03:57   Link #1363
Theo

Welp, looks like Bioware, Ea, and Star Wars: The Old Plutocracy are it again.

Lesse:

-Idiots bought hundreds of dollars worth of cash shop cash and spent it all in the FIRST FEW HOURS. Quick problem: They'll be bored again as they've already probably completed the last Ops and are halfway getting to HK-51.
-Quite a few GREEN rewards for quests are locked out unless you buy cash shop currency. What the fuck?
-XP rate reduced drastically
-Nothing drawing people back to the old worlds except already completed story and checklist quests.
-Warzones reduced to 5 per week. Splendid.
-Paying for quickbars, even for PREFERRED players.

A riddle for you: If a man is stuck in the middle of a barren desert desperately trying to reach the story content oasis, but finally has had enough, gives up the expedition to frolic in other greener pastures, and months later is once again transported into a barren desert with reduced water, rations, and toiletries...

...is he HAVING FUN?
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 05:00   Link #1364
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So I take it I'm not coming back to SWTOR and sticking to GW2...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 05:46   Link #1365
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
-Paying for quickbars, even for PREFERRED players.
Is it me, or this is the most retarded thing there can be?! Paying for fucking quickbars?!

It's basically either pay or live like a total cripple!
Old 2012-11-16, 05:54   Link #1366
Xacual

I think the best part is reading the stuff on the forums. People complaining with legitimate complaints, being told to pay a sub or fuck off by some subscribers. It's hilarious, I'm waiting to see if the forum gets lockdown again.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 06:16   Link #1367
Destined_Fate

Well, I knew the elistists would throw a fit and not welcome new players. It seems that they're just as brain dead as Bioware.

f2p was supposed to bring in more players(With the chance of them buying CC's or subbing) and fix population issues yet f2pers don't even feel welcome at all by Bioware or many vets that are paying a sub. They're taking their anger for the f2p change on innocent players instead of directing it at Bioware.

Bioware has learned nothing from those like LoL and LoTRO who have far superior f2p models than... What ever the hell Bioware is trying to pull.

I will not spend a cent on this game after f2p out of principle. Selling Quickbars, Sprint, A WEEKLY coupon for stuff like Warzones, Quicktravel, Hide Helmet, Unify Colors, and the such.

On top of that the chat restrictions are beyond horrible, if you're f2p you might as well ignore all group content because you can't communicate with anyone unless you're near them and you can't invite(Or whisper) anyone unless they're on your friends list and no one is going to accept random Friends List requests.

That chat issue effects payers as well who will have no way to know that there are many of people out there that would LOVE to group with them if it was possible.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-11-16 at 07:05.
Old 2012-11-16, 06:48   Link #1368
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Being unable to buy more character slots and a higher credit cap sealed the game off for me.

For all her warts, Star Trek Online is shaping up to be well within reason. So, I'm still wearing my commbadge for a space mmo. Next better player, please!
Old 2012-11-16, 07:08   Link #1369
Destined_Fate

It does say something when a large number of subbers are outright trashing the f2p model and how it will not work as intended because of the severe restrictions.

What incentive does any f2p have to sub at all after going through hell to get to 50? They can't communicate with others, they only have 2 Action Bars(My gawd, they will be trashed severely in Warzones and higher level Instances), and the such.

When they said f2p everyone thought it would be something similar to LoTRO, what they got is corporate greed and spite.
Old 2012-11-16, 07:54   Link #1370
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wait... you can't communicate unless you're suscribed? like... chat?
Old 2012-11-16, 08:06   Link #1371
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Wait... you can't communicate unless you're suscribed? like... chat?
Want a pitchfork and torch? Only 1.99$ per item!

But yeah, this is the most fail f2t I have ever seen, they should have stayed the way they were...
Old 2012-11-16, 09:35   Link #1372
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post

On top of that the chat restrictions are beyond horrible, if you're f2p you might as well ignore all group content because you can't communicate with anyone unless you're near them and you can't invite(Or whisper) anyone unless they're on your friends list and no one is going to accept random Friends List requests.

That chat issue effects payers as well who will have no way to know that there are many of people out there that would LOVE to group with them if it was possible.
Wow, that's so far the most stupid restriction I have read about SWTOR It's nearly the same as releasing the 2 - 80 content as a single player game.
Not that I grouped very much to begin with, but I can still feel the kick in the groin the the normal MMO-players. Glad that I already uninstalled + canceled my sub. Better to use the free hdd space for something more useful.
Old 2012-11-16, 10:46   Link #1373
Destined_Fate

Let me rephrase, you can communicate with others. However you're stuck with a 1 minute cooldown before you can use general again(1 message per a minute). So use your time wisely and only for groups because you're gonna want to do all group content just to stay on level with the current planet you're on due to EXP rates being lower for f2p and preferred members.

Also, change that on Instances.

Turns out it isn't 3 times weekly, instead it's only 3 Loot Rolls per a week. You can still do them for exp I believe but after 3 loot rolls you're locked out on looting anymore gear. So do NOT greed on ANYTHING in Instances because they will take up one of your weekly 3 loot rolls.

Only need on stuff that you need.

FYI, even if you lose a loot roll it still counts towards you 3 weekly loot rolls.

The good news is that Bioware will gladly sell you weekly passes instead of the option of just removing that constriction.

Also, some quest rewards(such as green quality stuff) cannot be selected if you're f2p/preferred and you're capped on tokens that you can have for planets and pvp.

Furthermore all stuff that costs creds and/or tokens is 25% more costly if you're f2p or preferred which means that some of the better gear as you're leveling or pvping is completely locked out due to your cap(and them costing more than your cap) even before you hit 50.

Enjoy.
Old 2012-11-17, 11:19   Link #1374
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Well... As a wise man once said, fuck your shit, EA.
Old 2012-11-18, 04:04   Link #1375
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Blizzard might be bastards at times, but they don't treat their players quite like this.
Old 2012-11-18, 04:49   Link #1376
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Blizzard might be bastards at times, but they don't treat their players quite like this.
They're probably gloating over how angelic EA is making them look.

Old 2012-11-18, 05:42   Link #1377
Mateus

Wow TOR sounds like a middle finger to fans of the KOTOR series, glad I didn't buy the game or pay for a subscription.
Old 2012-11-18, 12:00   Link #1378
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'm actually tempted to buy the ENTIRE WoW series. My old hardcore SWTOR guild dropped and went back to WoW. Considering that black Friday is coming up, there might be some really good deals on all the WoW expansions

Anyway, I actually did just resub for SWTOR; basically to get rid of all the restriction crap and the +800 cartel coins for being a former subber. I wouldn't have resubbed if I didn't have an old account with mats/money to fall back on. Even so, I decided to start a new character on the opposite faction (Republic) and I'm quite bored tbh. There's not many people to play with for instances/heroics =/. Well, it was only 15 bucks, but I won't be resubbing after this month ends.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 17:44   Link #1379
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
I'm actually tempted to buy the ENTIRE WoW series. My old hardcore SWTOR guild dropped and went back to WoW. Considering that black Friday is coming up, there might be some really good deals on all the WoW expansions

Anyway, I actually did just resub for SWTOR; basically to get rid of all the restriction crap and the +800 cartel coins for being a former subber. I wouldn't have resubbed if I didn't have an old account with mats/money to fall back on. Even so, I decided to start a new character on the opposite faction (Republic) and I'm quite bored tbh. There's not many people to play with for instances/heroics =/. Well, it was only 15 bucks, but I won't be resubbing after this month ends.
That sounds like a good plan actually, and since we got up till 14th Dec to do that I'll just sub at the turn of the month.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:15   Link #1380
Destined_Fate

Yeah, seems all the f2p players all went Sith because Rule of Cool/Bad.

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows