AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-03-17, 18:54   Link #561
tsunade666

leave the troll be. Having an anime episode not finished on time for airing is a normal thing and that's why they fix it in dvd/bd. Its like a common knowledge. oh god reminds me of shaft that gets shaft or total eclipse crappy animation.
Old 2013-03-17, 19:29   Link #562
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ehembakemonogatarieisode9ehem

Regardless, the series got bakemono sales.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 04:55   Link #563
desrtsku
Nympholept

Eh, don't say that! I'm still trying to forget that QUALITY episode from Psycho Pass, I just hope the QUALITY issues from this one won't be as horrible ... if there are.
Old 2013-03-18, 16:35   Link #564
tsunade666

JC staff even with their average track record also has their average track for animation. I trust them with their consistent work so "they won't get shafted "
Old 2013-03-18, 16:37   Link #565
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That depends; Is Railgun S going to be more action base or SoL base?

Non-action series tend to be able to manage their budget better.

Maybe it'll be a split cour like Fate/Zero to maintain the quality? Who knows?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 19:46   Link #566
leukrota

Maybe that's why the animators seem afraid of the Sister's arc, it's rather action intensive.

Though it would be extremely lame if their main reason to put original SoL content was to reduce the workload...
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 19:51   Link #567
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Though it would be extremely lame if their main reason to put original SoL content was to reduce the workload...
Do you really think the sister arc would last 12 episodes by itself without feeling dragged?
Old 2013-03-18, 19:58   Link #568
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Do you really think the sister arc would last 12 episodes by itself without feeling dragged?
I have no problem with padding for pacing purposes. That said, if they use all the manga material, 12 episodes would be fine, IMO (It's about 2 chapters per episode.)
Old 2013-03-18, 20:10   Link #569
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I have no problem with padding for pacing purposes. That said, if they use all the manga material, 12 episodes would be fine, IMO (It's about 2 chapters per episode.)
Do you think the action scenes would actually take that long? You can't drag drama too long otherwise people would get bored, you can't make action scenes too long either.

The last Anime that took 1 cour to adapt 1 arc was Horizon, I'm sure I don't need to mention how much content are in those two books.

The sisters arc in Index took six episodes at a comfortable pace, at best you could squeeze two to three more episodes from ITEM but that's it.
Old 2013-03-18, 20:33   Link #570
leukrota

Quote:
Do you think the action scenes would actually take that long? You can't drag drama too long otherwise people would get bored, you can't make action scenes too long either.

The last Anime that took 1 cour to adapt 1 arc was Horizon, I'm sure I don't need to mention how much content are in those two books.

The sisters arc in Index took six episodes at a comfortable pace, at best you could squeeze two to three more episodes from ITEM but that's it.
Well, I don't know Horizon so I really can't say anything about that...

But, don't forget that the manga has it's own intro to the arc plus Mikoto's confrontation against Accelerator, before the part with ITEM. Those are easily 3 more episodes, I believe.

...I just checked for more precision. 22 chapters (monthly lenght, not weekly) for 11 episodes isn't far fetched. Perhaps minus 1 so as not to expose the viewers too much to the repeated part, 10 episodes should be fine, even with all the action (expanding the action is a common solution to make up for the increased pace).

So one episode for the series comeback and one for extra fluffy relief at the end is IMO padding enough for this arc.

Ok, I had my say. I somehow doubt this will convince you so let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Old 2013-03-18, 20:39   Link #571
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
But, don't forget that the manga has it's own intro to the arc plus Mikoto's confrontation against Accelerator, before the part with ITEM. Those are easily 3 more episodes, I believe.
I've counted those as well.

Quote:
...I just checked for more precision. 22 chapters (monthly lenght, not weekly) for 11 episodes isn't far fetched. Perhaps minus 1 so as not to expose the viewers too much to the repeated part, 10 episodes should be fine, even with all the action (expanding the action is a common solution to make up for the increased pace).

So one episode for the series comeback and one for extra fluffy relief at the end is IMO padding enough for this arc.
What you're forgetting is that not all chapters have the same amount of content, or even the same type of content. Different scenes require different levels of time investments so this isn't a 1-to-1 conversation ratio.

Plus, even though they have 'this' much content, they still need to trim some fats to make it coherent for the Anime which plays in real time. All in all it's a much more complicated process.
Old 2013-03-18, 20:46   Link #572
leukrota

Quote:
Plus, even though they have 'this' much content, they still need to trim some fats to make it coherent for the Anime which plays in real time. All in all it's a much more complicated process.
Fine, whatever, you're the expert.
Old 2013-03-18, 22:56   Link #573
Primary Consult

Level Upper was effectively 9 episodes. I would be amazed if sisters+them won't at least reach the same length.

In any case the information released so far all but guarantees that that they will be mixing in anime-original content to give other characters more scenes and to break up the "gloomy story". Combine this with intro episodes and I can easily see it taking until episode 12 before we get into unknown territory. Plus, episode 12 is a natural break point for a 2 cour anime.

I want them to take their time on this arc. I fear that when we see... them in Index III anime (whenever that happens), it will be rushed as hell. My hope is that they flesh out the characters in Railgun first (possibly even using some LN content), because I do not anticipate them getting the attention they deserve in Index.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 23:15   Link #574
tsunade666

By estimation of episode that will consume sister arc. I will say half of it. Around 6 episode and another 6 for slice of life where railgun anime is known for.
Old 2013-03-19, 00:12   Link #575
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
By estimation of episode that will consume sister arc. I will say half of it. Around 6 episode and another 6 for slice of life where railgun anime is known for.
6 episode for that much content is not enough ...

I still don't understand why you guys are so sceptical about the Sister arc making a full cour. It's not a freaking novel where you legitimately have to burn the contents when adapting it into another medium. Depending on your purpose, you can drag it as much as you want, add anime original scenes just to make it longer ... or on the opposite, shorten it if you want to reach a certain point in the manga quickly. And we already know what Nagai team's speciality is when it comes to adaptations, not really the kind to stick with the source material.
What's more, they also implied they may include some of Touma's POV in the anime and that alone already took like 2-3 episodes before he met Accel in index (and dare you call that slice of life, I'll slice you in half right away), and they'll probably add further more to give the other 3 girls screen time so who knows how much supplementary contents that'll make, who knows if they won't also include some more guts & prepubescent girls.
Old 2013-03-19, 00:23   Link #576
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

When you say 'full cour', you mean 12 episodes, or the whole 24 episodes?
Old 2013-03-19, 00:31   Link #577
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
When you say 'full cour', you mean 12 episodes, or the whole 24 episodes?
I think he's referring to 12 episodes.

My theory would be, seeing as Railgun 1 ended pretty much the day the Sisters Arc begins that the first cour will be dedicated to it, then the second will continue on with a bit of filler.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 04:16   Link #578
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
I think he's referring to 12 episodes.
Yes, my apologies.

Quote:
My theory would be, seeing as Railgun 1 ended pretty much the day the Sisters Arc begins that the first cour will be dedicated to it, then the second will continue on with a bit of filler.
But, if those fillers are really fillers, then it has to happen in a non-canon parallel universe, 'cause right now the Raildex timeline is pretty much saturated.
Old 2013-03-19, 04:29   Link #579
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Yes, my apologies.

But, if those fillers are really fillers, then it has to happen in a non-canon parallel universe, 'cause right now the Raildex timeline is pretty much saturated.
I wouldn't say it would be that difficult. They managed it with the first season, so what's to suggest they can't do it again. The episode where the girls did the modelling in the virtual reality device is one of the best of the series (if only for the amazing ending).

All I'm saying is that the fanbase shouldn't get too paranoid about JC Staff somehow ruining the series with stupid filler, because lets face it, we come for the actual manga inspired plot and stay for the filler. There is a lot of unexplored time that they can use to fill in details, especially as it pertains to Saten and Uiharu.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 12:18   Link #580
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
I wouldn't say it would be that difficult. They managed it with the first season, so what's to suggest they can't do it again. The episode where the girls did the modelling in the virtual reality device is one of the best of the series (if only for the amazing ending).

All I'm saying is that the fanbase shouldn't get too paranoid about JC Staff somehow ruining the series with stupid filler, because lets face it, we come for the actual manga inspired plot and stay for the filler. There is a lot of unexplored time that they can use to fill in details, especially as it pertains to Saten and Uiharu.
No, that's not what i'm trying to say. What I meant is that there was several days untouched between the end of level upper arc and the start of the sister arc in which the "slice of life" eps, Milk arc, and Terestina arc could fit in a coherent way (in a canon way if you want, because apparently Kamachi really wants everything to be canon). But this time there isn't, it's just as simple as that.

Tags
action, comedy, despair, drama, school life, sci-fi, sequel