Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2011-02-26, 17:32   Link #21
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well it really depends when people report others breaking the signature rules. I doubt mods here check every post to see if they break rules signature wise so you too, should report others should you see them breaking signature rules. Not sure if many people do that but I do it occasionally at least.

With that said DragoZero, do you not report others if they break the rules when you claim you see people breaking the rules all the time ? Because if you don't, you should. I think most just don't know the rules and don't bother checking cause well, I don't think it's very common to have rules like this. Animesuki is the only forum with rules like these regarding signatures out of all the forums I use, and there's quite many.
I find signature and avatar rules all over. I always had them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Personally I don't like reporting people for signature rules since it's a bit easy to accidentally break it slightly with pixel, or file size usage. Though I do tend to send the person a VM, or PM to let them know their signature is larger than rules allows so they can change it [assuming it's not intentionally ignoring the rules].
Yes, I VM the person.
Old 2011-02-26, 18:24   Link #22
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
With that said DragoZero, do you not report others if they break the rules when you claim you see people breaking the rules all the time ? Because if you don't, you should. I think most just don't know the rules and don't bother checking cause well, I don't think it's very common to have rules like this. Animesuki is the only forum with rules like these regarding signatures out of all the forums I use, and there's quite many.
To put it simply, the way the rules were conceived might make some sense but the foundation for them is pretty shallow. They're overly long, overly complex, have too many "cases" to deal with, and due to the introduction of things such as the [table] tag have too many loopholes; not to mention their insistence on using some of the most pretentious and annoying units for measurement—I wonder how many "situations" could have been avoided if the rules were more accessible and down to earth, or I wonder if the rules have ever even proven their worth (more precisely the technical parts in them, such as bytes). It would probably be a good idea to revise them; but this is a discussion that's been brought up and anulled so many times I don't event want to think about it.

Anyway, the only times I remember reporting them was when they would disgust me, or they were too NSFW, or they were annoying (1mb, 300px tall, etc), and of course my favorite motive: they were god damn ugly! It's good NW implemented that signature stripping feature (thank you NW!) so that way I can deal with them with out resorting to such barbaric methods as reporting them for breaking some nit picky clause in the rules.

That aside signatures like DragoZERO, are nothing to waste one's time on; and his case is not unique by far. Basically, what we have here is a lot of people breaking the signature rules, out of which hardly any that do it in a annoying way. And from my experience, some are just too special *coughstupidcough* to know any better. I'll take tea over good for nothing justice any day.

Quote:
Animesuki is the only forum with rules like these regarding signatures out of all the forums I use, and there's quite many.
You probably have them on those forums too; I find most forums have them. However, not many enforce them.