AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-19, 21:59   Link #7061
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
We are going by illustrations and personality, rather than in-verse comments about who is prettier. Who cares when Claire is a boring model tsundere? Her character design is pure cliche. How many red-hair/twin tail/lolis with fire powers are there nowadays? She doesn't have anything to set her apart.

So while I don't particularly hate her, don't expect her to be popular with most of us. Been there, done that.
I'm pretty sure her popularity rankings is about her character and illustrations as well and as far as we are concerned, the fanbase in Japan favors her a lot than the people here. So for some here, they may find Clair boring but for others, they find her interesting and different.

Sure, Claire is not outstanding considering the opposition that she has but sometimes it seems the dislikes she gets is way over the top. Although that's much earlier in the thread and pretty much a lot less now so there's really not much to complain. How about everyone just get along no matter whether you're a Claire fan or not. Because all I see right now is someone saying Claire is beautiful and then a bunch of wildcats starts attacking him in succession with waifu "anger"

And all these argument about who is prettier is kind of funny. The author imagines Claire as the prettiest but sometimes (or a lot of time), it's hard for the artist to live up to whatever that means. So a bad artist can draw the prettiest girl the blandest and the blandest girl turns out to be more attractive.

Either way, does not really matter to me much anyway since I'm all about Restia. Always been and always will. Although Fianna and Rinslet is pretty nice to me too... And Est is just too damn adorable...
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 23:37   Link #7062
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Well, I think what the Japanese fear the most is change, they would rather stick with safe bets than experiment, which is why they always use the same stuff over and over again. So expect more expys in the future.

Also, Restia and Est are obviously winning the race.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 23:54   Link #7063
Light Novel

Location: The country won the battle with Chinese, French, Japanese and American!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
its an opinion my friend we remember the novel quite a bit but none of us recognize claire as beautiful plus Claire's the main girl they have to make her seem prettier then the others.. spare me this attitude. Claire is 3rd ranking favorite i find that utterly ridiculous then again once she stopped being your typical violent red head tsundere i suppose you can live with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Rather than hate, I think most of us look at "body proportions and personality" than a beautiful face.

I like Restia than Claire. But when i saw all of you speak ill of Claire i don't agree. Please reading novel more deeply. Not eventuality she has 3rd favorite ranking. She also has many great personalities. Although Restia want killing her before, She still save her from Holy Knights team.
About typical violent stundere, for me, it's not boring. Did you remember Moka in Rosario Vampire? She's stundere and very violent type. But she's still most favorite character. It's never obsolete type!

Last edited by Light Novel; 2014-09-20 at 00:06.
Light Novel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 00:04   Link #7064
Singally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Novel View Post
I like Restia than Claire. But when i saw all of you speak ill of Claire i don't agree. Please reading novel more deeply. Not eventuality she has 3rd favorite ranking. She also has many great personalities. Although Restia want killing her before, She still save her from Holy Knights team.
About typical violent stundere, for me, it's not boring. Did you remember Moka in Rosario Vampire? She's stundere and very violent type. But she's still most favorite character. It's never obsolete type!
And there you go. When it comes to tsunderes you're in the minority as far as this thread goes, so you shouldn't be surprised that few put Claire as highly on their list as you do.
I like Claire myself, but until she stops being a bitch constantly, she'll remain several spots below #1, which is a tie between Est and Restia. If she actually became somewhat less violent and accusatory, i'd probably move her up to 3 or 4 on my list.
Singally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 00:06   Link #7065
Mirable
ミラベル

Quote:
you have to accept most people don't like Claire character
you can't force them to like her

I can see now we shouldn't really debate about Clarie it always got heat up no matter what
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 00:25   Link #7066
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
I don't think they were speaking ill of Claire, just disagreeing that she's the most beautiful girl out there. The thing about Claire being 3rd in the ranking doesn't mean she's there just because of her appearance but because of her character's overall traits being popular with the japanese readers. I wouldn't take that popularity poll too seriously though, since the reason that Leonora is so high is probably because she wears no panties. Well, like I said before, it's just a matter of tastes and continuing with this discussion is pretty silly and pointless.

And lastly, about Moka:

Outer Moka is completely deredere and Inner Moka is not a tsundere but a kuudere. Although Inner Moka gains some tsundere traits later on, she never started to beat Tsukune for silly reasons, I actually don't remember her beating him aside from when they were training.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 01:00   Link #7067
Mampi
Blah Blah Blah Mage

For me, my negative bias about Claire stems from the crappy impression I got from vol.1. That has mellowed out considerably after that, but it still remains negative for me since the author still has her keeping up the same tsundere attitude in her off-story scenes (not to mention it feels like the author wants to shove Claire's main heroine status down my throat rather than make me believe it, ex. "Claire and the others" every possible moment when just saying "everybody" would've been fine).

Now then, when Claire has her on-story scenes (battles, speeches, past, etc.), I actually like her quite a lot, but the differences between her on/off story personality just makes go wtf to the author and his claim of being a tsundere expert.

So yeah, I only like Claire when it involves plot. Just wanted to pitch in my view.

Last edited by Mampi; 2014-09-20 at 12:21.
Mampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 04:10   Link #7068
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

I agree, I wish he'd just use 'everyone' instead of 'Claire and the others'
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 04:52   Link #7069
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
^
Kind of strange you are saying that despite having a Red Haired Girl as your avatar lol
well I did even admit that Claire is pretty right? though I would still prefer Restia since Restia is more *cough* "developed" than her
Old 2014-09-20, 21:38   Link #7070
delacroix01
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mampi View Post
For me, my negative bias about Claire stems from the crappy impression I got from vol.1. That has mellowed out considerably after that, but it still remains negative for me since the author still has her keeping up the same tsundere attitude in her off-story scenes (not to mention it feels like the author wants to shove Claire's main heroine status down my throat rather than make me believe it, ex. "Claire and the others" every possible moment when just saying "everybody" would've been fine)..
I don't think you understand how the Japanese language work. The impression you get is an effect of translation, since it doesn't deliver the same feeling that someone gets when reading the original work (especially if the translator just goes literal, which is the case for this LN). You may not like it, but it's more natural to use XXたち in narration. The word みんな has different usages. Those words are not that interchangeable as you think.
delacroix01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 13:30   Link #7071
Yye1
Wide Right

Any news on vol 14?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 14:34   Link #7072
senjiro
ecchi sage

Lol i dunno why tsundere popularity....
I mean tsundere has a reason when she dont know MC, but in this case, she is all jelaous of restia(vol, 1-6?) When restia is a very important to kamito, claire rub me wrong since beginning, with all the slave spirit and so.
Bitch kamito saved your life, what are you blabering? After she gets mad always with all the rest of girls when she dont have the right...
So what if she develop a little? She had a lot of minus so way to go have....
I hope restia stay from now in kamito embrace, meaning trolling claire and rest, and fighting est ...
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 16:49   Link #7073
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
Lol i dunno why tsundere popularity....
I mean tsundere has a reason when she dont know MC, but in this case, she is all jelaous of restia(vol, 1-6?) When restia is a very important to kamito, claire rub me wrong since beginning, with all the slave spirit and so.
Bitch kamito saved your life, what are you blabering? After she gets mad always with all the rest of girls when she dont have the right...
So what if she develop a little? She had a lot of minus so way to go have....
I hope restia stay from now in kamito embrace, meaning trolling claire and rest, and fighting est ...
Tsundere tend to be badly written. And whilst their abusive girl antics don't really fly with foreign anime fans, otaku in Japan seem to like them. Usually their charm is presented as a really dishonest girl who will show her good side to you, like some reward for piercing her armor. There's also that weak side that tsundere characters show that makes some people say that they "can't leave them to deal things on their own" (which is Kamito's reason for being involved with her so much).

Also, and this is pure speculation, but tsundere tend to be more agressive in pursuing the guy. Most harem with a tsundere will have a kinder girl who would be a better partner but she doesn't become The Girl because she's too passive. Tsundere are being portrayed as competitive and jealous (I heard some guys like jealoud girls). For example, in a more conservative family Rinslet would have been a good wife, since she's well adjusted and even that pride of hers isn't taken too far. But she isn't really aggressive in pursuing Kamito. Ellis has the characteristics of a tomboy, but at the same time she's also quite feminine. She does actively pursue Kamito but unlike claire she doesn't try to get to know Kamito on a more personal level. A bit too maiden-like and lacks the confidence to create that kind of intimacy. Speaking of knowing Kamito, Fianna would have been The Girl and the Darkness queen if it wasn't for her setting herself in a bad position. From the start she's been the girl who is the most understanding of Kamito, but she's not honest and trolls him a lot. She runs the risk of him not believing her if she'd confess to him. For someone who knows Kamito slightly more, Fianna doesn't have those deeper moments of bonding because she herself doesn't allow that.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 18:01   Link #7074
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Tsundere tend to be badly written. And whilst their abusive girl antics don't really fly with foreign anime fans, otaku in Japan seem to like them. Usually their charm is presented as a really dishonest girl who will show her good side to you, like some reward for piercing her armor. There's also that weak side that tsundere characters show that makes some people say that they "can't leave them to deal things on their own" (which is Kamito's reason for being involved with her so much).

Also, and this is pure speculation, but tsundere tend to be more agressive in pursuing the guy. Most harem with a tsundere will have a kinder girl who would be a better partner but she doesn't become The Girl because she's too passive. Tsundere are being portrayed as competitive and jealous (I heard some guys like jealoud girls). For example, in a more conservative family Rinslet would have been a good wife, since she's well adjusted and even that pride of hers isn't taken too far. But she isn't really aggressive in pursuing Kamito. Ellis has the characteristics of a tomboy, but at the same time she's also quite feminine. She does actively pursue Kamito but unlike claire she doesn't try to get to know Kamito on a more personal level. A bit too maiden-like and lacks the confidence to create that kind of intimacy. Speaking of knowing Kamito, Fianna would have been The Girl and the Darkness queen if it wasn't for her setting herself in a bad position. From the start she's been the girl who is the most understanding of Kamito, but she's not honest and trolls him a lot. She runs the risk of him not believing her if she'd confess to him. For someone who knows Kamito slightly more, Fianna doesn't have those deeper moments of bonding because she herself doesn't allow that.
Here are the girls and their relationship to kamito at least of the 4 main girls (in my opinion

Claire- Kamito was her slave spirit for taking the spirit she wanted. Really develops feelings especially once he doesnt abandon her when he has good reasons to do so and the fact he seemingly resented claire. she took way too long to admit the feelings we knew there there and even when she does they're more for the idealized Ren ashbell instead of kamito.

Rinslet- I dont know why she's even a harem member tbh because she seemed to have no romantic feelings for kamito really up until he taught her to swim and even then it seemed sketchy at worst and honestly her confession seemed more like one of those (she believes her feelings are love but they really arent). her actions were mainly to rile claire (and it worked) but she had zero interest except for her volume and thats it and even then i'm not convinced she had feelings for him.
Fianna- Was in love with kamito from the start because he saved her years ago. Her actions were mostly deceptive and she seemed more eager to tease kamito then to act on her feelings. Of the girls she probably has the purest feelings of anybody but because she messed around so much she cant be taken seriously.

Ellis- At first Ellis hated Kamito but that was more because he was a man then him. Once she got over that she was purely in love with the guy. of the girls she probably has the strongest feelings and really I'd say if Kamito were to choose a girl Ellis would be his choice because he respects her heavily as a knight and she's the one whose personality is closest to her. The one dangerous part for Ellis is what would happen if she learns of Ren Ashbell.

My ranking of the girls feelings for kamito.
1. Ellis
2. Fianna
3. Claire (sorry i do not buy the way she's done things)
4. Rinslet

EDIT: So not to double post.
Good grief it seems the anime is having the impact we were afraid it would. most people seem to not have any interest in dealing with a season 2 because season 1 was so poor and i think many of us new it was coming

Last edited by ImperialFlameGod8190; 2014-09-23 at 07:19. Reason: dont wanna double post
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 10:16   Link #7075
Nishaven

I am watching anime series but i want spoiler about novels. Does girls know Kamito is Ren Ashbell? Or who knows?
Nishaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 10:19   Link #7076
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishaven View Post
I am watching anime series but i want spoiler about novels. Does girls know Kamito is Ren Ashbell? Or who knows?
of the 4 main girls only Fianna and Claire know.
Ellis and Claire suspected it after a battle at the end of volume 5 and they tried to figure it out but never confirmed it. '
Claire found out in a battle in volume i want to say 10 when luminaris (a new character thats introduced way later but is important) told her that Restia was the vorpal sword Ren Ashbell's elemental waffe. There's a lot more to that but i dont want to overwhelm you too much.
Old 2014-09-23, 10:31   Link #7077
Nishaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
of the 4 main girls only Fianna and Claire know.
Ellis and Claire suspected it after a battle at the end of volume 5 and they tried to figure it out but never confirmed it. '
Claire found out in a battle in volume i want to say 10 when luminaris (a new character thats introduced way later but is important) told her that Restia was the vorpal sword Ren Ashbell's elemental waffe. There's a lot more to that but i dont want to overwhelm you too much.
Thanks. And does Kamito and Restia reunite?
Old 2014-09-23, 10:43   Link #7078
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
yes no yes no yes no...something like that lol
Old 2014-09-23, 10:54   Link #7079
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Cloud sorta explained it but its complicated. Restia has seen kamito many times during volumes 4-10 and spoken with him and interacted as much. They were officially brought together and as you say reunited in volume 10 in the middle of it. Now here's the interesting part from the middle of volume 10 to the end of 11 they're together again but at the end of vol 11 she leaves and as of the end of the last volume Restia is with the girls but not with kamito.
Its a tangled web and a tough thing to properly answer
Old 2014-09-23, 11:19   Link #7080
Nishaven

Thanks for answers. I wonder what was Restia's "wish"? I want to learn but I think my English isn't good enough to read light novel

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap