AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Old 2013-07-06, 15:27   Link #241
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

never play the game or read any material but my prediction after the 5mins
... the murder is Maizono.
Old 2013-07-06, 15:36   Link #242
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Is the set up based on a work, or is this the general set-up of most detective fiction novels in general?
This... really isn't detective fiction per se, though it uses a lot of detective fiction cliches. It's a very typical killer game scenario with very typical anime character archetypes; arguably the point is watching a bunch of archetypes interact within that cliche scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Spoiler for space:
Kirigiri has such a nice design, I gotta say.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-07-13 at 12:59.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 17:20   Link #243
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
never play the game or read any material but my prediction after the 5mins
... the murder is Maizono.
What are you basing that on?

That's to be expected since she was the first to fully lose it compared to the other cast. I mean, wouldn't it be sort of cliched and a little boring for first time viewers or the people who played the original source material to point the finger at the first one snapping prematurely?

Sure since she's an idol and could have a two faced personality, but for now it's best just to hold judgement until a murder actually happens. That's me though, I have a few candidates...but will need to watch more to add more verification to my claims.
Old 2013-07-06, 17:46   Link #244
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

1. the culprit is almost always someone you least suspect. That weeds out about half the group. The fat kid, rich kid, delinquent and sports kids are too obvious.

2. of the remaining i pick Maizono because...she knows the MC.
Old 2013-07-06, 17:51   Link #245
marvelB

Late response time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
The "free time events" sounds similar to the Social Links in the Persona series,

Yeah, it's pretty much almost exactly like Social Links. Even to the point that they can even unlock new abilities for Naegi! Also, I missed it before, but I believe you asked if there were multiple endings, correct? As far as that's concerned (gonna spoiler tag this just in case, though it's nothing major):

Spoiler for Endings:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
Btw i need spoiler to confirm the MC personality, weell i guess he is either coward or 'heroic wannabe' when is near the heroine...

Well, it's not really a spoiler. He describes himself as being normal as normal can be. You even saw him telling Maizono how plain he was, yes? The only reason he was branded SHSL Lucky was because he was the only average Joe out of millions to be chosen to attend Hope's Peak.

Edit: Well, this was just posted in the game's thread. Wouldn't have expected NIS America to pick it up, though.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-07-06 at 18:18.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 18:39   Link #246
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, it's not really a spoiler. He describes himself as being normal as normal can be. You even saw him telling Maizono how plain he was, yes? The only reason he was branded SHSL Lucky was because he was the only average Joe out of millions to be chosen to attend Hope's Peak.
He literally got into the school by winning the lottery. Thus, he's Super Duper Lucky.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 19:03   Link #247
marvelB

^That's.... basically what I just said, though? He was the only one lucky enough to win among millions of other hopeful kids, hence his title. The rest of his classmates got an invitation to the school through sheer talent (though it's rather questionable to consider people like Hagakure to be "talented", heh ).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 19:06   Link #248
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Does make you wonder who will be the first person to snap and who they will kill. A character like Maizono I see either getting killed rather early or making it all the way to the end. While she did lose it first, I think our MC was able to calm her down. That's a level of comfort the majority there don't have.

Getting thrown into a place where you really don't know any of these people and can't build up any level of trust easily. Just having someone you know from the past is a huge advantage for staying level.
Old 2013-07-06, 19:30   Link #249
Clarste
Human

Quote:
^That's.... basically what I just said, though? He was the only one lucky enough to win among millions of other hopeful kids, hence his title. The rest of his classmates got an invitation to the school through sheer talent (though it's rather questionable to consider people like Hagakure to be "talented", heh ).
I wasn't disagreeing with you, I just think "winning the lottery" has a certain flair to it that emphasizes how lucky he is.
Old 2013-07-06, 19:42   Link #250
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
1. the culprit is almost always someone you least suspect. That weeds out about half the group. The fat kid, rich kid, delinquent and sports kids are too obvious.

2. of the remaining i pick Maizono because...she knows the MC.
You do make a great point, but try to at things at its subtext. It's easier to point the finger at someone especially in Maizono's case due to a preexisting relationship with the MC, and at the fact that idol characters can possess more sides to them than what we've seen. Maizono has shown to snap and that's understandable, but to me making her the overall suspect sounds really cliched and boring from a viewer standpoint.

I never played the original source material, but if they're able to make her motives and everything seem logical and well thought out then all the power to your deductions, but to me, it just doesn't seem right to point the finger at her due to those said points you've mentioned. Your points make perfect sense as to why you think that, but it's still the first episode and no crime has been committed so we can't say much, as of now.

Quote:
Late response time!

Yeah, it's pretty much almost exactly like Social Links. Even to the point that they can even unlock new abilities for Naegi! Also, I missed it before, but I believe you asked if there were multiple endings, correct? As far as that's concerned (gonna spoiler tag this just in case, though it's nothing major):

Spoiler for Endings:
So there are some ending paths you can take depending on the actions you take during the game, interesting. It's like that with Persona 3-4 if depending on the chooses you make you can get a "bad" or alternative ending based on the players actions they take. As interesting as that is, it's apparent that the anime will definitely take the linear path just for simplicity and it's an one cour adaptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Does make you wonder who will be the first person to snap and who they will kill. A character like Maizono I see either getting killed rather early or making it all the way to the end. While she did lose it first, I think our MC was able to calm her down. That's a level of comfort the majority there don't have.

Getting thrown into a place where you really don't know any of these people and can't build up any level of trust easily. Just having someone you know from the past is a huge advantage for staying level.
True, but like Xellos-_^ theories, at it could also play an advantage if she was a suspect or the overall killer. It will allows her to take "advantage" of the MC protecting her, since in most survival game adaptation a male MC will most likely have something worth fighting and protecting, and will most likely strain him from any suspicion or doubt about her until later or if there's something up. Ryota and Himiko from Btooom is an example to this, but Sayaka's and Naegi's circumstance are difference because...

Spoiler for Btooom! Spoilers/Point:
Old 2013-07-06, 20:43   Link #251
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

They have actually done pretty well replicating the different portions of the game. It's so nice to see the electronic handbook and the nailed windows and stuff animated
Old 2013-07-06, 20:50   Link #252
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)

When I first saw some footage of the game I became disappointed that a game like this would most likely never come to the U.S., so I was really happy to know an anime was coming. Now, I just found out that the game is going to be localized and I may have to put watching this show on hold so as not to be spoiled.
dickdatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 21:42   Link #253
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Watch the first episode and quite enjoy it. Pretty fun with rather outlandish characters.

Looking forward to the murder soon
Old 2013-07-06, 22:42   Link #254
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdatduck View Post
Now, I just found out that the game is going to be localized and I may have to put watching this show on hold so as not to be spoiled.
Oh, wow. I never expected the game to be given an official English release.

From a quick look, it seems that it's only Dangan Ronpa 1 which NISA has picked up, but there's still a possibility that they picked up Dangan Ronpa 2 at the same time, as the Vita release in Japan was a bundle of both of them. Either way I'm going to have to buy a Vita. If they dub it in English, I hope that they also include the Japanese voice track, because the actors for this series are superb.

Speaking of the voice acting, how would people new to the series like the voice work for the first episode of the anime? It's only the first ep so nobody but Monobear has talked much, but that's at least something small to go by.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 05:26   Link #255
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I wasn't disagreeing with you, I just think "winning the lottery" has a certain flair to it that emphasizes how lucky he is.
You mean unlucky.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 07:45   Link #256
Gundamx

It look like Danganronpa officially will come tow west (not fan patch) for psp
source: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/06...north-america/

(p.s: official steins;gate game coming too for PC... too bad they don't plan to bring it for ps3/xbox360)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 09:21   Link #257
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
The mc have lucky coward syndrom who attract bitch, so maizono is innocent who attracted by that lucky coward attract woman passive skill and she will die in front of mc.
Can someone please explain where they get the idea that Naegi is a coward?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 09:33   Link #258
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Can someone please explain where they get the idea that Naegi is a coward?
Clearly it's because he took the initiative to calm down a muscular thug dressed like a stereotypical delinquent immediately after being told they would be trying to kill each other.
Old 2013-07-07, 12:22   Link #259
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Clearly it's because he took the initiative to calm down a muscular thug dressed like a stereotypical delinquent immediately after being told they would be trying to kill each other.
Indeed, never have I seen such a cowardly move!

Anyways, I have another theory on how it could end! Sakura kills everyone and she's free! No witnesses, no problems!
I'm such a genius!

And with that I'll remove myself from the thread for a bit...as I've got a hold of the game!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 12:28   Link #260
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Indeed, never have I seen such a cowardly move!

Anyways, I have another theory on how it could end! Sakura kills everyone and she's free! No witnesses, no problems!
I'm such a genius!

And with that I'll remove myself from the thread for a bit...as I've got a hold of the game!
I don't know how that was cowardly, but to me Makoto did the most rational thing. In a situation that they are in, isn't it wise to try to calm down and think about things rather than let one's emotions get the better of them?

Maybe others won't see this point of view, but if that were the case then why not just murder someone and get it over it? It's better to remain level headed at times and try to play the mediator rather than just letting one or two individuals let their emotions and desperation cloud their judgement.

You got a hold of the game, sweet! Congrats dude. Me, I'm reading little bits on things that were similar and different from the game to the adaptation on an episodic basis.