Notices

Old 2006-01-26, 20:45   Link #561
donna8157

What anime is this picture from?

donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 21:15   Link #562
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Looks like the peeps from Fate/stay night posing as members of Section 9 in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 01:19   Link #563
GrungeHamster
Just passing through

Hello!
I was wondering if you could help me identify these two series that I only got a glimpse of when I was in Japan in summer 2004:

1) The first one is about a Battleship, in maybe a futuristic setting. I think I remember that the character design looks like Rah-Xephon's, but I'm not sure. Sorry about the crappy description, but that was only what I watched. Plus, I think it was maybe broadcasted in TV Tokyo, Thursdays like 6 or 6:30 pm, just before Terebi Champion. Well, I'm not sure if it was Thursday or Friday, but I remember that it was later in the week than Naruto. Again, this was like July, 2004.

2) About the second one, I remember that I saw a car chase. Well, I think it also feautured some mechas and motorbikes. Also, there was a lot of explosions, and people jumping from car to car, fighting each other, and mindless killing. It was also a futuristic setting, and maybe there were some cyborg chicks, whick one had purple hair. Again, sorry about the crappy description, but in this case I was quite drunk, lol. But, what I can remember is that it was very late in the night, like 2 or 2:30 am, and that it was a Tuesday (well, technically it was already Wednesday). Also, this was like late August, 2004, and Athen's Olympic Games were still one. I'm very sorry, but I don't remember the channel, but I think that it was a different one than Otogizoushi and Monster.

I'd really appreciate if someone can come up with the titles of these two anime with this information. Thanks in advance.
GrungeHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 15:49   Link #564
Calca
Expressionless

Those are pretty vague descriptions but could the second one possibly be Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex?
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 08:52   Link #565
gigosaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrungeHamster
Hello!
I was wondering if you could help me identify these two series that I only got a glimpse of when I was in Japan in summer 2004:

1) The first one is about a Battleship, in maybe a futuristic setting. I think I remember that the character design looks like Rah-Xephon's, but I'm not sure. Sorry about the crappy description, but that was only what I watched. Plus, I think it was maybe broadcasted in TV Tokyo, Thursdays like 6 or 6:30 pm, just before Terebi Champion. Well, I'm not sure if it was Thursday or Friday, but I remember that it was later in the week than Naruto. Again, this was like July, 2004.

I'd really appreciate if someone can come up with the titles of these two anime with this information. Thanks in advance.
Here are my two guesses that I believer were around that time frame.

Starship Operators?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4811

Starship Girl Yamamoto Youko?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1665
gigosaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 16:32   Link #566
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigosaga
Here are my two guesses that I believer were around that time frame.

Starship Operators?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4811

Starship Girl Yamamoto Youko?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1665
I kinda got double taked, but Starship Sperators is a 2005 project, so I doubt it's it. If I can remember what were 2004's anime, it's not hard to find a battleship in a futuristic setting
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 18:57   Link #567
-AR-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrungeHamster
Hello!

Maybe Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak? It aired Thursdays at 6:30 pm on TV Tokyo.
Quote:
2) About the second one, I remember that I saw a car chase. Well, I think it also feautured some mechas and motorbikes. Also, there was a lot of explosions, and people jumping from car to car, fighting each other, and mindless killing. It was also a futuristic setting, and maybe there were some cyborg chicks, whick one had purple hair. Again, sorry about the crappy description, but in this case I was quite drunk, lol. But, what I can remember is that it was very late in the night, like 2 or 2:30 am, and that it was a Tuesday (well, technically it was already Wednesday). Also, this was like late August, 2004, and Athen's Olympic Games were still one. I'm very sorry, but I don't remember the channel, but I think that it was a different one than Otogizoushi and Monster.
Bakuretsu Tenshi (Burst Angel)? Aired on TV Asahi Tuesday nights at 2:12 am.
-AR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 01:21   Link #568
GrungeHamster
Just passing through

Quote:
Originally Posted by -AR-
Maybe Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak? It aired Thursdays at 6:30 pm on TV Tokyo.

Bakuretsu Tenshi (Burst Angel)? Aired on TV Asahi Tuesday nights at 2:12 am.
Ah, thank you very much! I think that in the first case, it was Kenran Butoh Sai: The Mars Daybreak, but I'm not very sure about the second one. I'll have to watch them again to be sure, hehehe... Thanks as well to everybody that replied...
GrungeHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 20:37   Link #569
tetsuo69

anyone knows where this from? anime? manga?
Old 2006-01-30, 20:54   Link #570
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69

anyone knows where this from? anime? manga?
Candidate for Goddess. That's a pic from the manga.
Old 2006-01-31, 03:16   Link #571
giresun27

Can somebody tell me what anime this is?

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/23/677454316nf.jpg

plz anyone knows?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-31 at 03:24. Reason: Threads merged. Please read the "stickies" before you post a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
giresun27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 22:41   Link #572
AE86takumi

who do they look like?

hey everyone ^_^

i was wondering if u think any of these look like an anime character...
if u think any of em looks like a chick in an anime then plz post japanese name and if posible a pic ^_^

AE86takumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 01:08   Link #573
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I don't think that any of those designs are anime inspired, but I can tell you that number 7 is a Chinese vampire.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 19:59   Link #574
Lahal

Lost in Translation Plushie Help

Hello,

I was watching the movie 'Lost in Translation' (about Americans doing bussiness in Japan, I recommend the movie to anyone here) with a friend.

Well, she totally loved this plush shown in the movie, and I was wondering whether anyone know from what anime it comes (if from an anime at all). Some cute look-a-like doll is fine too

Any help will be appreciated.
Lahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 03:15   Link #575
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Anou hard to tell ,Image is 2 flat gomen
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 04:22   Link #576
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

That looks like a Miyazaki creation to me... can't place it exactly though...
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 04:11   Link #577
chosquad

[Q] What Anime is it?

Hello,

Can someone tell me from what anime is this screenshot/charter?

Thanks in advance,
choppi
chosquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 13:09   Link #578
Pippin4242

Lahal; just to be helpful and since I have no idea how much anime you've seen... it does look sort of like a Toroto. That's all I've got.

*~Pips~*
Pippin4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 15:56   Link #579
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahal
Hello,

I was watching the movie 'Lost in Translation' (about Americans doing bussiness in Japan, I recommend the movie to anyone here) with a friend.

Well, she totally loved this plush shown in the movie, and I was wondering whether anyone know from what anime it comes (if from an anime at all). Some cute look-a-like doll is fine too

Any help will be appreciated.
I don't know if it is from an anime, but the creature appears to be an owl.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 11:47   Link #580
Lady Yanami
There's always a catch...

Send a message via AIM to Lady Yanami Send a message via MSN to Lady Yanami

It doesn't come from an anime, but it is an owl.
Lady Yanami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel