AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-26, 02:20   Link #1
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

My HiME / Otome AMV thread

It was a while in the works, and slowed down my fanfiction more than I care to admit. But its completed!

Here it is.

If anyone has any issues playing it, first make sure that you're using VLC, and if it still doesn't work, let me know.

Special thanks to KiraDouji for all her help with the crazy world of 'codecs' and 'encodes'
Old 2006-02-26, 05:14   Link #2
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I watch it and i admit it
It's Great
In the Beginning, Black and White and the moment when all begin
Action and Sentimental Moment.
Great Jog Tremalkinger
Old 2006-02-26, 05:54   Link #3
ranchan13

While we're at it, here's my latest AMV
Simply titled Wonder Arinko and Young Nasty Nina
Please leave comments
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-02-26, 06:09   Link #4
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13
While we're at it, here's my latest AMV
Simply titled Wonder Arinko and Young Nasty Nina
Please leave comments
Ah i Saw you AMV recently
I like it too, i wonder think if i post a Comment at Animemusicvideo.org...
If you join, i join to.
Startin Otome (To AnimemusicVideo) Or Startin Otome (My Homepage)
Old 2006-02-26, 06:55   Link #5
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

Whoa, that was awesome, Tremalkinger! At first I was a little hesitant to download it since it was to an Ayu song (nothing against her, but I was put off by AMVs that used mainstream jpop songs after sitting through a 3 hour viewing )... but that was great. *_* I especially loved the end when the song went into a breakdown. <3

Makes me want to rewatch HiME! I'd forgotten how great the art was for it.
Old 2006-02-26, 10:40   Link #6
Lost

OMG Tremalkinger... You capitalised on Arika-Takumi's romance!!!! And it opens the AMV too!!! Beautiful!! + rep to you for that alone my friend..

And Haruka-chan!! this is good...

One word : AWESOME.

Thanks
Old 2006-02-26, 11:32   Link #7
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

LOVE IT ... Tremalkinger YOU THE MAN

Just one question ... how do I stop it's hipnotic efect
must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME must rewatch HiME
Old 2006-02-26, 11:58   Link #8
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
Just one question ... how do I stop it's hipnotic efect
Quite simple really... rewatch Mai HiME If you're short on time, just watch the last 7 episodes, but the whole series is worth it.

Thanks for the kind words so far, everyone
Old 2006-02-26, 14:47   Link #9
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
If you join, i join to.
Sure, I'll see what I can do. Depends when I'll have the free time between working and part 3 of my HiME project.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-02-26, 22:08   Link #10
Gage

Tremalkinger, that was possibly the coolest AMV I have ever seen. Wow. I am left speechless, its going to take me an hour just to figure out how to comment this over on AMV.

ranchan13, really interesting choice of music, but I can see where you're going with it. Never pictured MO and Wonderboy going together, but the more I think of it, the more it works. You did a great job, especially with the timing on this.
Old 2006-02-26, 22:38   Link #11
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gage
ranchan13, really interesting choice of music, but I can see where you're going with it. Never pictured MO and Wonderboy going together, but the more I think of it, the more it works. You did a great job, especially with the timing on this.
Yeah, I honestly didn't think of it the first time through, I was actually working on Nina and Arika in another video using Aerosmith's Dream On, when I started noting that they fit perfectly for Wonderboy. Thanks though
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-02-27, 00:14   Link #12
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
If you join, i join to.
I love your AMV, IchiKyo! The music fits the AMV well.
Sorry guys, I have to sign up to download the rest of you guys' AMV but I don't feel like to sign up for anything just now.
Old 2006-02-27, 05:35   Link #13
Tiberium Wolf

I think you should have used an english song or subbed the song in the amv. For me the strong point of the amv is the connection of the lyrics with the images. Since you used a jpop song and didn't sub it... well...
Old 2006-02-27, 08:40   Link #14
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
I think you should have used an english song or subbed the song in the amv. For me the strong point of the amv is the connection of the lyrics with the images. Since you used a jpop song and didn't sub it... well...
Subtitles detract a lot from the visual appeal to me... however, it would be a somewhat simple matter to include a subtitles file. I'll whip one up when I get the chance, so that you can put subs to the song if you like.
Old 2006-02-27, 09:05   Link #15
Lost

In my opinion, subtitles would be distracting. For me la.. TremalKinger, watching the AMV again, it would have been great if you had included Miyu in Artillery mode
Old 2006-02-28, 03:55   Link #16
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
Subtitles detract a lot from the visual appeal to me... however, it would be a somewhat simple matter to include a subtitles file. I'll whip one up when I get the chance, so that you can put subs to the song if you like.
Then use an english song. Anyone can do a AMV by just putting together random images. But in good AMVs, the images have a relation with the lyrics. For example the lyrics says "... she's smoking ..." you put pics of a char smoking. Not great example oh well... If you get the idea...
Old 2006-02-28, 09:42   Link #17
Tiamat_Redragon
Not Human

Powerfull! It triggered my memories about MH. IMO, JPop Song style much suit than English Song, and how about with short subtitles in faster rate to avoid blocking the AMV, like Doremi MO opening subtitles is better than SS MO opening subtitles.
Old 2006-02-28, 10:18   Link #18
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
Then use an english song. Anyone can do a AMV by just putting together random images. But in good AMVs, the images have a relation with the lyrics. For example the lyrics says "... she's smoking ..." you put pics of a char smoking. Not great example oh well... If you get the idea...
I could very easily make the opposite argument... that anyone could put together an AMV with random clips associated with the lyrics... and that its much more difficult (and ultimately makes a better video) if you instead match up the movement to the pitch, the cuts to the flow, and the lighting to the mood of the music. Videos that just bombard you with literal relations to the music without any real timing effects get old very quickly.

Ah well, this isn't really the place to debate AMV theory, and ultimately its a matter of taste. Sorry you didn't like the video.
Old 2006-06-24, 05:10   Link #19
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
I really like your vid, Tremalkinger
Nice synchro, great mood and relation between music and anime.
You really did great job!
Maybe I'll write an opinion on amv.org some day

But now, I'd like to present my own, new Mai HiME/Otome AMV.
I won't write detailed info here, you can read it on animemusicvideos.org

The begining is a little similar to yours, but I swear it wasn't intended

Okay, here it is:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/memb...o.php?v=120868

Enjoy ^^
Old 2006-09-24, 20:29   Link #20
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Omega-Kawaii Haruka-Chan AMV!!

Y'know, with that refreshing honesty and enthusiasm of hers, Haruka-Chan can actually be pretty darn adorable.

And Mai Otome demonstrates that admirably, as shown in the CUTE Music Video that follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB9yWRKAmPE

Haruka-Chan is one of the best examples of "dumb but nice people", in anime or otherwise. If being dumb is the only way you can be as good-hearted and free of deceit as someone like her, I frankly wouldn't mind an entire world of idiots if that means everyone can be honest, loving and kind to each other.
Closed Thread