AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-11-26, 11:19   Link #1
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
How was your Black Friday shopping?

So my family cameover had Thanksgiving we laughed and stayed merry for hours on end. Then while I was getting ready for bed I got a phone call from my friend saying if I'm down for any BF shopping, and seeing as there was nothing interesting for me, I said no, I'm cool. Then he told me the PNY nvidia GeForce 6800 128mb cards were going for 199.99 at CompUSA so the nerd in me got the best of me. I set my alarm to 4:40am got up, got there by 5:20am (they opened at 6am) and there was a HUGE line forming by the doors even at that early.

So I wait in line for 40 minutes in the cold and soon as I got in everything became hectic people were literally running everywhere, while I just walked to the computer tech. department and asked for a card. Then I grabbed three, thirty packs of Memorex CD-Rs. (3 packs were going for 10 bucks). Then I had to pick the one line with the person that just had to screw it up for everyone else and over complicate things by paying with store credit, check, credit, rupies, pesos you mean it. So the line waited 20 minutes for the transaction to take place, got my stuff in there, paid and walked out a very happy shopper.

How was your BF shopping?
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 12:25   Link #2
7thMethuselah

At the risk of sounding stupid...

What is black friday????

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 12:43   Link #3
ramune

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
At the risk of sounding stupid...

What is black friday????

Black friday is the day after Thanksgiving, where people start their Christmas shopping.
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 12:48   Link #4
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
and sometimes theres a black thursday too when all hell is loose and the doors are open wide; then the family decides to go at it at Boston Market.
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 13:18   Link #5
HopelessLover

My shopping day was a crazy. At the end of the day I managed to only lose 1 cell phone, gain one parking ticket, and hit only 2 birds with my car.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 14:13   Link #6
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
So my family cameover had Thanksgiving we laughed and stayed merry for hours on end. Then while I was getting ready for bed I got a phone call from my friend saying if I'm down for any BF shopping, and seeing as there was nothing interesting for me, I said no, I'm cool. Then he told me the PNY nvidia GeForce 6800 128mb cards were going for 199.99 at CompUSA so the nerd in me got the best of me. I set my alarm to 4:40am got up, got there by 5:20am (they opened at 6am) and there was a HUGE line forming by the doors even at that early.

So I wait in line for 40 minutes in the cold and soon as I got in everything became hectic people were literally running everywhere, while I just walked to the computer tech. department and asked for a card. Then I grabbed three, thirty packs of Memorex CD-Rs. (3 packs were going for 10 bucks). Then I had to pick the one line with the person that just had to screw it up for everyone else and over complicate things by paying with store credit, check, credit, rupies, pesos you mean it. So the line waited 20 minutes for the transaction to take place, got my stuff in there, paid and walked out a very happy shopper.

How was your BF shopping?
I slept in and avoided the traffic congestion, hassle of finding an empty parking space, and mass of shoppers in the stores. Shopping on Black Friday makes me feel like I'm facing the invading barbarian horde in the Capital One credit card commericals.

Also this shopping opportunity falls at he tail end of the month, just before my next paycheck goes to the bank on the 1st. Sheesh, at the end of a month the only thing coming out of my wallet are some starved anorexic looking moths.
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 15:41   Link #7
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
bah humbug!!! Christmas is a sham for people to consume more then needed. I think it would be better if everyone donates 100 dollar to their favorite charity for christmas, I know some of you do, but I think there should be more. As for black friday goes, screw that! >.< I'm not going to agravate myself with all the traffic, long lines, and false discount, I'll just wait till christmas is over to buy stuff :P
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 15:47   Link #8
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:44.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 17:05   Link #9
HoboGod
Necromancer

i work at a local department store, so needless to say, my day wasn't fun. I couldn't turn around without somebody wanting to bug me... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!! Is saving a few extra bucks in after-thanksgiving sales really worth shopping on the buziest shopping day of the year? If you REALLY want to save money, buy things on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bun-kun
bah humbug!!! Christmas is a sham for people to consume more then needed. I think it would be better if everyone donates 100 dollar to their favorite charity for christmas, I know some of you do, but I think there should be more. As for black friday goes, screw that! >.< I'm not going to agravate myself with all the traffic, long lines, and false discount, I'll just wait till christmas is over to buy stuff :P
DAMN STRAIT! Or better yet, donate 100 dollars to me!
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 17:10   Link #10
Ending

Slept late, bought a bar of nougat (chocolade), were a few hours at uni, bought some bananas, potatoes, milk, and a packet of candy. That was how special my day was.

Might be because we do not really celebrate it around here.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 19:17   Link #11
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover
My shopping day was a crazy. At the end of the day I managed to only lose 1 cell phone, gain one parking ticket, and hit only 2 birds with my car.

Scratch the cell phone part because I found it.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 19:21   Link #12
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Uhh I worked at Circuit City last year. I was up at 4:30 on Black Friday. Glad I got to sleep in this year.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 20:03   Link #13
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Thumbs up

My black friday was AWESOME! Stayed up last night. Headed for Walmart at 2am stood in the front of the line for 4 hours strolled in and bought nothing came out came home went to breakfast. Then headed for Portland OR which is like a 45 minute drive. Spent the day at a Bazaar at the Expo Center then We headed to Bestbuy and last but not least We hit Costco for food samples and a late lunch.........Nummy polish sausage dog and then came home. Sorry if this is a bit disjointed as I am really tired but still going strong!
LoveOfAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 21:47   Link #14
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Sadly their was no black friday shopping for me, I'll start shopping in probably the next few weeks, I normally shop on Christmas eve, its a pattern that has happened for the last 2 years with a friend of mine and I'am interested to see if we end up doing it again this year.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 22:39   Link #15
Shoeshefied

Send a message via AIM to Shoeshefied
well its not really a holiday, thatts for sure.. just a day of regular sales and stupid rebates, with 2 more registers open. Well it was okay on black friday for me... was just a longer lines for my daily purchases.., i like shopping on ebay though, veryy cool place.
Shoeshefied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 01:29   Link #16

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma
I went to Fry's this morning, around 10.5 am, and it was packed. We got in, looked around for whatever (I was checking out the Nintendo DS, various LCD monitors, and a couple games I'd been looking for), so I got what I wanted and went to the line. Turns out the line wasn't where it normally starts, it was about, oh say 250 people longer than usual....... So I went and put my stuff back, went home and logged into World of Warcraft.
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 02:49   Link #17
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I pretty much got everything I needed from OfficeMax and Sears. I thought I woke up late at 6 am but lucky for me OfficeMax opens at 7. I bought a 200 gig hard drive and a 100 cd-r pack for free, then I drove to Frys and got me a gameboy advance SP with additional games. My sister got me some clothes at Sears I think but I dunno what they look like yet.

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-11-27 at 16:45.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 02:51   Link #18
Umbrae
Generic Human

GitS:SAC vol. 2&3 collectors ed. on sale

Also a DVD player I plan to give away for x-mass for 25$. not bad I would say.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 15:44   Link #19
importkid

Send a message via AIM to importkid
it wasnt all that great, some stuff werent even on sale
importkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 21:32   Link #20
xargon

edit edit edit edit edit

Last edited by xargon; 2011-09-25 at 21:04.
xargon is offline   Reply With Quote