AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-09, 07:10   Link #41
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Spoiler for Section of PotM[I]:

Spoiler for Notes:

Any thoughts on this? And any volunteers for making this villain, just PM me.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Old 2010-04-09, 10:36   Link #42
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by isagrimorie View Post
Emily!!! I'm really surprised by the lack of Emily and Yue in fandom too. Isn't this the kind of stuff people eat up? Where was the fic, people?

I'm so glad you wrote this and of course the story would grab my still beating heart from my chest and crush it!
I know, I went to Fanfiction.net and tried to look some up but couldn't find any! So when the plot-bunny ate my head I went along with it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Emily...

If Akamatsu doesn't bring her back properly, I swear I'll track him down and kick him in the shins.
I'll join you for that! Either that, or fandom revolts by writing Emily/Yue reunion fics....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
Spoiler for Section of PotM[I]:

Spoiler for Notes:

Any thoughts on this? And any volunteers for making this villain, just PM me.
"In the Dark of the Night" is an epic song, but I always imagine it as almost comedic...I'm not sure if that's the effect that you want here or not, or if it's just me, but yeah . I'm not quite sure what's happening, but it all seems over the top in the Disney way .

Is this an AU?
Old 2010-04-09, 10:40   Link #43
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
.....DO IT!!!! Happy fluff fic to counter the tragic one....

You did this just to tempt me, didn't you? You knew I wouldn't be able to resist writing something fluffy after reading such angst!
Old 2010-04-09, 10:58   Link #44
Kurush

Quote:

Is this an AU?
No, it's actually part of my current Negima fanfic story, Power of the Mind. The link is in my signature. It's part of the coming chapter 33. Well, given everything that has happened in the manga in comparison with this story, yeah, it's an AU, set several months after the MW mega arc. You'd probably have to read the full story to understand, but look here if you just want a quick look through.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Old 2010-04-10, 15:41   Link #45
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

You did this just to tempt me, didn't you? You knew I wouldn't be able to resist writing something fluffy after reading such angst!
Doooooo iiiiiiiiittttttttttt.............. I'd love to read Emily/Yue fluff!

And by the way, I posted Truth and Dying to Fanfiction.net ^^. I made some small edits here and there to hopefully clear up some ambiguity and grammar errors that I found in editing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
No, it's actually part of my current Negima fanfic story, Power of the Mind. The link is in my signature. It's part of the coming chapter 33. Well, given everything that has happened in the manga in comparison with this story, yeah, it's an AU, set several months after the MW mega arc. You'd probably have to read the full story to understand, but look here if you just want a quick look through.
Ah, I see! Sorry, my bad .
Old 2010-04-10, 15:51   Link #46
Merctrin
Immi

Wow, thanks for the responses everyone. They were much appreciated.

At this point, I wouldn't say it's necessary to read Liquid Heat to make sense of this, but I will say that it would be a very, very good idea, and it'll probably become necessary in a few chapters.

With that said, here's the first chapter of Taken Day by Day.

Spoiler for Day 1:

Spoiler for Notes:

Thanks for reading.
Old 2010-04-10, 22:20   Link #47
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merctrin View Post

At this point, I wouldn't say it's necessary to read Liquid Heat to make sense of this, but I will say that it would be a very, very good idea, and it'll probably become necessary in a few chapters.

Spoiler for Day 1:

Spoiler for Notes:

Thanks for reading.
Interesting.....I haven't read the previous story, so I'm probably behind on some of the details . But seeing Tsukuyomi start considering her eventual (attempt to) escape is quite deliciously, connivingly evil .

I like the Ouroboros Seal idea, it will be interesting to see what havoc human-level Tsukuyomi can cause ! (Lots, I bet!)
Old 2010-04-10, 22:31   Link #48
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Sorry for the double post.....

Here's the first part of Chapter 2. I've got more in this chapter planned, since not much actually happens, but I suppose I could have the second half be a chapter on its own, I'm not sure . This section mostly adds more small details to the story.

Anyways, for your reading pleasure!

Prologue and Chapter 1
Love and Duty Come in Chains

Spoiler for Love and Duty Come in Chains, Chapter 2 part 1:
Old 2010-04-10, 23:35   Link #49
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:

Here's the first part of Chapter 2. I've got more in this chapter planned, since not much actually happens, but I suppose I could have the second half be a chapter on its own, I'm not sure . This section mostly adds more small details to the story.

Prologue and Chapter 1

What's this? *gasp* Mana actually turning down money! And encouraging Setsuna to spend?! Truly, the situation must be so severe that Commander Mana must encourage Setsuna to spend and decline money! Hee!

And, boy, does Setsuna have a supreme talent for angst! Although I did chuckle at Setsuna hitting her head on the wall. Its such a Setsuna thing to do!

(BTW, does any one in the Konoe family know/suspect the true nature of Setsuna and Konoka's relationship? I'm just curious if the Headmaster knows.)

Return of the Mario Kart! Only, the more serious version!
Old 2010-04-10, 23:42   Link #50
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler for Day 1:

Spoiler for Notes:

Thanks for reading.
I'm actually very surprised that I kind of find myself sympathizing with Tsukuyomi. Not so much with her whole wish to kill and everything, but I can understand how she hates the new restraint upon her life and how Setsuna is really the only person she can truly depend on at this moment. It's a sense of powerlessness and helplessness that she isn't used to, and even for her character, it's rather heartbreaking.

Nice to see how you define the differences with Setsuna of the two people she's going to guard. Granted, she dislikes Tsukuyomi right now, but somehow I doubt that will last very long at all.

Next chapter soon, please?

Quote:

Prologue and Chapter 1

I really only have one comment for this chapter: Mana is awesome. That is all.
Old 2010-04-11, 01:10   Link #51
Merctrin
Immi

Quote:

Prologue and Chapter 1

Go Mana! It's a little odd to think of her turning down money, but at least everyone's getting their proper share. I can't say that forcing Setsuna to be the close guard was the kindest thing in the world, but it was still very satisfying to see Setsuna's attempts to keep away from Konoka foiled so effectively. Even though it'll definitely cause her more angst.

...Okay, especially because it'll cause her more angst. It's torturous and frustrating, but you write angsty Setsuna really well, and while it might not exactly be fun for any of the parties involved, it is very entertaining.

Oh, and there was Kyo present. Hm. Not sure what to make of him just yet.

*holds out hand* More please!
Old 2010-04-11, 07:02   Link #52
Kurush

Okay, now this is coming up after that, song section in the next chapter, but take it as it is, right now. I don't want to explain everything.

Spoiler for Swim training:

Spoiler for Notes:

Your thoughts on this? Pretty please? I promise I'll try some KonoSetsu for this story as well, I promise if you give your thoughts on this!

Old 2010-04-11, 10:16   Link #53
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Doooooo iiiiiiiiittttttttttt.............. I'd love to read Emily/Yue fluff!

And by the way, I posted Truth and Dying to Fanfiction.net ^^. I made some small edits here and there to hopefully clear up some ambiguity and grammar errors that I found in editing .
Only after you go and post Emily/Yue tragedy, huh?

Oh, hey! I gotta review that! The pairing really doesn't get enough love from the fandom, and sadly I've noticed that the Negima section on FF.net tends to be overrun with KonoSets stories. Which isn't bad, but it's annoying when you want to find another pairing with different characters.
Old 2010-04-11, 13:26   Link #54
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagrimorie View Post
What's this? *gasp* Mana actually turning down money! And encouraging Setsuna to spend?! Truly, the situation must be so severe that Commander Mana must encourage Setsuna to spend and decline money! Hee!

And, boy, does Setsuna have a supreme talent for angst! Although I did chuckle at Setsuna hitting her head on the wall. Its such a Setsuna thing to do!

(BTW, does any one in the Konoe family know/suspect the true nature of Setsuna and Konoka's relationship? I'm just curious if the Headmaster knows.)

Return of the Mario Kart! Only, the more serious version!
Mana's so hard for me to write properly , since her fandom depiction and her manga depiction differ slightly, and most of what I know about her is fandom . Part of the trouble is, like in some of my other fics, I'm very stupidly jumping into the home stretch of the plot instead of building up from the beginning of the problem ....so in any way that I can, I have to show just how bad the situation has gotten .

Poor Setsuna....she does not have a happy life in this story ....or at least, not in the beginning..... And haha, I had so much fun writing her pounding her head against the wall and mentally freaking out . Setsuna's such a spaz .

(I'm still playing with different effects depending on who knows and who doesn't....but as of right now, Konoemon and Eishun both know that Setsuna loves Konoka, but I'm not sure if they know that Konoka loves her back )

Quote:
I really only have one comment for this chapter: Mana is awesome. That is all.
And she hasn't even started fighting yet ....

Quote:
Go Mana! It's a little odd to think of her turning down money, but at least everyone's getting their proper share. I can't say that forcing Setsuna to be the close guard was the kindest thing in the world, but it was still very satisfying to see Setsuna's attempts to keep away from Konoka foiled so effectively. Even though it'll definitely cause her more angst.

...Okay, especially because it'll cause her more angst. It's torturous and frustrating, but you write angsty Setsuna really well, and while it might not exactly be fun for any of the parties involved, it is very entertaining.

Oh, and there was Kyo present. Hm. Not sure what to make of him just yet.

*holds out hand* More please!
I'm going to have to start slipping out hints at the explanations of why they're all so angsty , but it's going to be a real pacing problem.... Haha, we are all amused by Setsuna's pain? She frets so much it really is quite amusing .

And Kyo appears . And we promptly forget him again .

*typing frantically* Working on it!

Quote:
Only after you go and post Emily/Yue tragedy, huh?

Oh, hey! I gotta review that! The pairing really doesn't get enough love from the fandom, and sadly I've noticed that the Negima section on FF.net tends to be overrun with KonoSets stories. Which isn't bad, but it's annoying when you want to find another pairing with different characters.
We need to ensure mood whiplash in as many fandoms as possible!

Thanks! ^^ Yeah, and I agree....I like KonoSetsu, but at the same time, it also hits the quantity vs. quality dilemma....not to mention that a lot of other good characters get shafted a lot.
Old 2010-04-11, 23:34   Link #55
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Apologies for the double post (I seem to make a lot of them ), but Chapter 1 of Love and Duty Come in Chains is now up on Fanfiction.net .

I'll likely not be able to write more for the next few days, as my school semester is wrapping up and I have lots of final projects to finish . But hopefully other people can post things in the meantime! *cough cough* discretely pokes RB *cough cough* ...........

@Kurush: I read your chapter, but I think that the lack of reading the previous work has me lost in terms of the OCs and what's going on . I'm pretty confused as to what's happening, but the feel seems like the anime Negima!?, where lots of random things happen. I'm surprised that Mana's taking part in the training exercise, she's always seemed like a lone wolf compared to the others. But you may have explained that in your previous story, so apologies if that's the case .

The dialogue seemed suitably quirky for the characters, but that's about all I can comment on, sorry!
Old 2010-04-12, 00:47   Link #56
Kurush

That's the case, perhaps you should read the full story to get the idea of what is going on.

Old 2010-04-13, 17:15   Link #57
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Death View Post
I suggest some great Negima crossover stories...

Now this one is a favorite of mine...Guess it!: Kitsune on Campus

Thanks for recommending my work, I really appreciate it.
Old 2010-04-13, 17:17   Link #58
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
But hopefully other people can post things in the meantime! *cough cough* discretely pokes RB *cough cough* ...........
That's a hint, isn't it?

I'll see what I can do. I already owe a drabble request to one friend here, so I've been working away on that, but maybe when I have some free time....
Old 2010-04-15, 04:03   Link #59
Kurush

Quote:
What he really needs is for one of his father's old pals to sit down with him and give him the whole, unvarnished story, from start to finish. I'd be much easier for him to get a handle on his issues if people weren't hiding things from him, and letting him find out in driblets.
This is what being discussed in the Manga discussion thread, regarding Negi's mental health being the topic, after we talked over Magia Erebea.

With all this going on, perhaps I should add this to my story... anyone care to help me with that? Just so we can get that out of the way in our heads.

And Negi certainly deserves to hear the truth about his father now, not when he's grown up. Anyone up for it to help me talk this over?

Old 2010-04-19, 02:47   Link #60
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

My fingers just finished typing this out, so it's utterly raw and straight off the press!

Prologue and Chapter 1

NEW PART
Spoiler for Chapter 2, part 2:

Finally, PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT!!! Now excuse me while I go and collapse @_@............
Closed Thread