AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-18, 12:49   Link #61
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Sekai actually has a dominating role in the anime if you think about it. The power of a girl to seduce a guy.

But then again. Watching the anime, you see her full of guilt. Maybe shes not as cold hearted, just was selfish and thought about her own pleasures.
Old 2007-08-18, 13:05   Link #62
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight

Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
Sekai actually has a dominating role in the anime if you think about it. The power of a girl to seduce a guy.

But then again. Watching the anime, you see her full of guilt. Maybe shes not as cold hearted, just was selfish and thought about her own pleasures.
She's smart, but you could say she cracks under pressure quite a bit...
Old 2007-08-18, 15:45   Link #63
Thingle
Banned

What can you expect, they're just high schoolers. Of course they'll crack
Old 2007-08-18, 15:57   Link #64
MetaSigma
Lunarian Knight

Send a message via AIM to MetaSigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Incest View Post
What can you expect, they're just high schoolers. Of course they'll crack
Not all High Schoolers crack under pressure like that, but most I could agree can and will.
Old 2007-08-18, 15:59   Link #65
Thingle
Banned

I am so starting to lean towards kotonoha now.. esp. after episode 5. Is it because of sympathy? Sekai just lost all her witty hotness after that little tryst.
Old 2007-08-18, 16:04   Link #66
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!

At the beggining I feel sorry for her, you know... now I don't know if I hate her or just feel pity for her

Old 2007-08-18, 16:09   Link #67
Thingle
Banned

I pick the latter. She's in a lose-lose situation now.
Old 2007-08-18, 16:14   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:

though she didnt aim to seduce makoto in the first place ~ just call it her charm (and a great heap of service to the happy yaro T.T)
she was never intended to backstab it just happened (main reason why i love mitsuki so much but its funny that i dislike sekai due to her lack of brains) ~
its not that she cracks under pressure but rather she is just getting confused with her feelings and her actions which leads to makoto being the more dominant one with his statements of "dont worry it will be okey" (no it wont if you dont do anything >.>)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-18, 17:21   Link #69
Echoes

Sekai lacks the tiny bit of courage that's needed to stand up to her oppressor. (Yes, I think he's earned that nickname) She does back off at times, but she doesn't go all the way and just give him a straight "no." She *did* run off at the end of episode 7, though, I'll be optimistic and take that as a step in the right direction.
Old 2007-08-18, 22:35   Link #70
Zeira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Sekai lacks the tiny bit of courage that's needed to stand up to her oppressor. (Yes, I think he's earned that nickname) She does back off at times, but she doesn't go all the way and just give him a straight "no." She *did* run off at the end of episode 7, though, I'll be optimistic and take that as a step in the right direction.

Yeah, she ran off but that is tricky. She didn't run off cause she suddenly realized that everythign that shas been going on is wrong. She ran off becasue she realized he couldn't just cut Koto out of his life. She pretended to be concerned that Setsuna blocked the phone call, but had no problem getting mad when Mako tried to talk to Koto.

If she could stick to being mad at him, it could probably lead to somethign good; if she can get away from him. However, I dont see that happeneing.

Sekai is an interesteing character. One minute I am saying to myself this girl clearly knows right from wrong. It is not even a matter of blindly following her feelings, cause the has the ability to stop, and think about it. She has stated mant time that what is going on is wrong. So her feelings aren't completely blinding her. However, at the same time she sems confused..
Old 2007-08-18, 23:02   Link #71
Echoes

I agree that she ran off because she was sad because she had, perhaps, finally realized that Makoto doesn't want to break up with Koto. Though she's often the one to insist on him being nicer to Koto, and he's usually quick to suggest that the contrary might be the best course of action.

But the very idea that she even left him at that time is still a step forward. Even if it's just a temporary rebellion against his two-timing attitude, it's still an improvement from the submissive nature she's displayed so far.
Old 2007-08-19, 02:09   Link #72
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Even though she seems to fully know the situation. I think guilt is mainly keeping her in the confused state. I mean Makoto seems too stupid to notice the situation he created. But it seems Sekai is well aware of what could happen.
Old 2007-08-19, 04:10   Link #73
Zeira

Quote:
Even though she seems to fully know the situation. I think guilt is mainly keeping her in the confused state. I mean Makoto seems too stupid to notice the situation he created. But it seems Sekai is well aware of what could happen.
I agree that she is probably still kind of confused. She definitly was majorly confused in the beginning.

However, now it can go both ways. She is well aware of what can happen. Through all the eps she was showing so much guilt, and being thoughtful to how Koto may feel. However, in eps seven, she turned a new leaf.

She had no problwm with ignoring Koto, her friend, because now people think that Sekai and Mokoto go out, and that Koto was lieing. Sekai kept playing the guilty card, but when Mokota couldn't ignore koto anymore and wanted to talk to her while setsuna was telling him not to... Sekai got super mad at him.

First she is telling him that they can't leave it like this, that he is Koto's Bf, and all this and that.. However, the moment he makes a step toward contacting Koto, she gets mad. Isn't that liek a contradiction on her part. How can she feel guilt and bad for koto, while at the same time going along with everyone when they say Ignore Koto...
Old 2007-08-19, 05:57   Link #74
Zlostur

Reasons to hate Sekai

After creating a similar thread for Makoto, I thought about it and decided there is enough material to create one for Sekai as well. Of course, it is not going to be as long of a list as for Makoto, since unlike him, she has some redeemable qualities, but still some of the things she does are reasons enough for me to really hate her. Please feel free to add to this list as well, and I will try to update it after every episode. once again, I will go on an episode-by-episode basis.

Episode 1:

1) She is very meddlesome about other people's private lives. After all she coerced Makoto into revealing to her that he likes Kotonoha.
2) She initiated the whole thing by getting Makoto and Kotonoha together, even though she was clearly interested in Makoto.
3) She kisses Makoto at the end. What the hell was she thinking(if she was thinking at all)? Doing something like that would definitely confuse ANY guy, especially a dumb clueless one like Makoto.

Episode 4:
4) Offers Makoto to give him "special training". This is the worst idea ever! It should be painfully obvious to her by now that Makoto is only interested in doing perverted things, so she should have known this would lead to disaster. Also, messes with his head even more -- first the kiss, now that. Nobody goes that far for a friend.
5) Was ready to go all the way with Makoto, even though she resisted him at first. This shows that she is too weak and also that she is jealous of Kotonoha for going out with Makoto.

Episode 5:
6) Feels insecure about herself because she does not have "attrubites" like Kotonoha. This contributes to her being weak and unable to resist Makoto.
7) Lets Makoto get away with grabbing her ass, even though they are in public. It's obvious she likes that kind of attention.
8) Accepts Makoto's confession, even though she knows she will betray her friend.
9) Give in to Makoto and sleeps with him. This is basically an extension to 5). If she was more assertive and demanded that Makoto break up with Kotonoha first before going that far, things would not be so bad. Damn her weakness!

Episode 6:
10) Fails to tell Kotonoha about her betrayal, even though she feels guilty about it.
11) Lies to Setsuna about Makoto and Kotonoha breaking up. This indirectly causes more suffering for Kotonoha, since rumors start spreading.

Episode 7:
12) Does not deny the fact that she is going out with Makoto, even when Setsuna says it in public. This brings about further confusion.
13) Again, acts weakly around Makoto, when she hears him accept kotonoha's invitation. She should have confronted him right there and ask him to choose between her and Kotonoha, instead of storming out like that.

And now, as I mentioned, she does have some good qualities as well, which does not make her as bad as Makoto, so here they are:

Redeemable qualities:
1) She is a nice and helpful person ready to help her friends. (unfortunately that makes her betrayal even more painful)
2) She is considerate of other people's feelings, especially Kotonoha and tries very hard to keep Makoto in check.
3) She obviously feels some remorse after betraying Kotonoha. She changes from a bright and cheerful person to someone who is constantly troubled. Unfortunately she does not act upon those feelings of guilt and makes things worse.
Old 2007-08-19, 07:55   Link #75
Zeira

Before episode 7 I could not bring myself to hat sekai. I disliked alot of things that she did, but ou of all the characters I think she is the most interesting, and complex.

Though wrong, I feel she actually does feel for Mokoto strongly, and he doesn't deserve that, from neither Sekai nor Koto.

It wasn't till eps 7 thatI started to have to look at her in a different light. If she continues with this new way.. I might come to really dislike her. Though my statement that she is the most complex and interesting of the three still stands.
Old 2007-08-20, 09:14   Link #76
Akabane_Kun
The no ending cycle...

Sekais is without a chance the must complex charc in SD and makes the watcher really confuse about her being either a good person or a bad person in all this.

In the begining she showed a suporting side toward kotoxmakoto love but at the same time she showed makoto litle by litle that she loved him,never directly though,and thats what makes us think was she doing all this to screw koto love,or was she really trying to help makoto to stop being a stupid perv asshole but at the same time falling for the lust of love and selfishness?!?!

Either the cases she ends up whif makoto and thats were another question arives do to her acts in the last epis. Why does she wants to make makoto say to koto that they are dating and its over bethen the two?!?! Is it cuz she pitys koto for all of that or is cuz shes afraid to lose him to koto?!?!

And we end up like this ,confuse and without a clue about her true reasons, hopefully that will be all answered in epi 8.
Old 2007-08-20, 09:54   Link #77
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akabane_Kun View Post
Sekais is without a chance the must complex charc in SD and makes the watcher really confuse about her being either a good person or a bad person in all this.
Yeah i agree with you.

Quote:
And we end up like this ,confuse and without a clue about her true reasons, hopefully that will be all answered in epi 8.
I hope so too.
Old 2007-08-20, 10:10   Link #78
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
In the begining she showed a suporting side toward kotoxmakoto love but at the same time she showed makoto litle by litle that she loved him,never directly though,and thats what makes us think was she doing all this to screw koto love,or was she really trying to help makoto to stop being a stupid perv asshole but at the same time falling for the lust of love and selfishness?!?!
Basically, the more she was trying to help them, the less she was able to withstand the pressure of her own feelings. It was not in denial, but more like a inner struggle. she without a doubt lost to it in episode 5 with the training.
Quote:
Either the cases she ends up whif makoto and thats were another question arives do to her acts in the last epis. Why does she wants to make makoto say to koto that they are dating and its over bethen the two?!?! Is it cuz she pitys koto for all of that or is cuz shes afraid to lose him to koto?!?!
Because it is simply wrong. kotonoha is her friend, and even if it wasn't the case, the least she can do is to wish for a proper relationship, instead of let that relationship going submersive.

this is absolutely normal, i don't see the problem, it would be quite weirder if she didn't ask anything of that sort.
However, episode 7 shows she begins to have doubt, and reveal she fears that she would lose makoto to kotonoha.
but prior this episode, no, she was more concerned about the fact kotonoha might be crushed if not told soon enough. (plus de guilt)

Quote:
Her reasons are not that shady, it is more realist than anything. Instead of going either guilty or jealous, she got a development on her feelings.

it would be quite awkward if she stays the same from the start to the end.
Old 2007-08-20, 12:49   Link #79
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlostur View Post
After creating a similar thread for Makoto, I thought about it and decided there is enough material to create one for Sekai as well. Of course, it is not going to be as long of a list as for Makoto, since unlike him, she has some redeemable qualities, but still some of the things she does are reasons enough for me to really hate her. Please feel free to add to this list as well, and I will try to update it after every episode. once again, I will go on an episode-by-episode basis.

Episode 1:

1) She is very meddlesome about other people's private lives. After all she coerced Makoto into revealing to her that he likes Kotonoha.
2) She initiated the whole thing by getting Makoto and Kotonoha together, even though she was clearly interested in Makoto.
3) She kisses Makoto at the end. What the hell was she thinking(if she was thinking at all)? Doing something like that would definitely confuse ANY guy, especially a dumb clueless one like Makoto.

Episode 4:
4) Offers Makoto to give him "special training". This is the worst idea ever! It should be painfully obvious to her by now that Makoto is only interested in doing perverted things, so she should have known this would lead to disaster. Also, messes with his head even more -- first the kiss, now that. Nobody goes that far for a friend.
5) Was ready to go all the way with Makoto, even though she resisted him at first. This shows that she is too weak and also that she is jealous of Kotonoha for going out with Makoto.

Episode 5:
6) Feels insecure about herself because she does not have "attrubites" like Kotonoha. This contributes to her being weak and unable to resist Makoto.
7) Lets Makoto get away with grabbing her ass, even though they are in public. It's obvious she likes that kind of attention.
8) Accepts Makoto's confession, even though she knows she will betray her friend.
9) Give in to Makoto and sleeps with him. This is basically an extension to 5). If she was more assertive and demanded that Makoto break up with Kotonoha first before going that far, things would not be so bad. Damn her weakness!

Episode 6:
10) Fails to tell Kotonoha about her betrayal, even though she feels guilty about it.
11) Lies to Setsuna about Makoto and Kotonoha breaking up. This indirectly causes more suffering for Kotonoha, since rumors start spreading.

Episode 7:
12) Does not deny the fact that she is going out with Makoto, even when Setsuna says it in public. This brings about further confusion.
13) Again, acts weakly around Makoto, when she hears him accept kotonoha's invitation. She should have confronted him right there and ask him to choose between her and Kotonoha, instead of storming out like that.

And now, as I mentioned, she does have some good qualities as well, which does not make her as bad as Makoto, so here they are:

Redeemable qualities:
1) She is a nice and helpful person ready to help her friends. (unfortunately that makes her betrayal even more painful)
2) She is considerate of other people's feelings, especially Kotonoha and tries very hard to keep Makoto in check.
3) She obviously feels some remorse after betraying Kotonoha. She changes from a bright and cheerful person to someone who is constantly troubled. Unfortunately she does not act upon those feelings of guilt and makes things worse.
WOW you really hate her. IT may be easy to judge given that we are not in the situation. However lets not forget Sekai has feelings to and most tend to conviently forget that. So freakin what shes made mistakes not like anyone in the world can say they were saint. I agree shes made some bad choices if she would have from the begining approached Matoko instead of trying to play this hookup game and hoping that they would not hit it off. Emotions are a very powerful thing and there is nothing logical about them. The world might be better off if humans did not possess emotions but it would also be a very boring one. I am hoping that all parties involved learn something and come out better for it. I dont hate anyone in the series even Itou i pity him more than anyone else
Old 2007-08-20, 12:54   Link #80
Shana

I watch a bit of episode 7, only the before-slap and the slap scene.

When Makoto tells Kotonoha "Yes, I'll go with you." to something right now I don't remember what was, and she gets mad-sad, I see no reason, she's Makoto's lover, only, she can think and say she's Makoto's girlfriend, but she isn't. She have no reasons to get mad-sad, she's only Makoto's lover and she know she will have to pay to cheat Kotonoha with Makoto. The slap Kotonoha gived to Sekai was really good gaved!

That's all.