AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-19, 08:22   Link #201
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
While we are on Yuki/Rei comparisons, I hope you guys won't mind helping me to settle this argument I had with my friend.

Motoko Kusanagi vs Yuki Nagato. Who will win in a no-holds barred fight? I argue that Yuki operates on a totally different level from Motoko; She can manipulate space-time itself, hell if she wanted to she can turn Motoko into a block of wood. For some reason my friend refuses to accept this.

Mods, if this post is not suitable for this thread feel free to delete it.
I'd go with Nagato too... but saying she turn organic matter into a block of wood might be stretching it a bit. It's important to remember that what Nagato did in Novel 4 came from stealing Haruhi's powers... Nagato didn't do it from her own inherent power.

Still, Nagato should defeat Motoko due to a massive speed and damage soak advantage.
Old 2009-10-19, 08:25   Link #202
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Thanks for the reply As far as I can understand it, Nagato can manipulate pure matter but cannot create it out of nothing. A good example will be in The Disappearance where

Spoiler for The Disappearance:
Old 2009-10-19, 08:28   Link #203
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Um... wood is organic matter, you know... also, how much of Kusanagi actually is organic? Isn't she a cyborg?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-10-19, 08:31   Link #204
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Kusanagi would probably win in an official bout...

Nagato would just sit there and read a book throughout the match.
Old 2009-10-19, 08:33   Link #205
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Um... wood is organic matter, you know... also, how much of Kusanagi actually is organic? Isn't she a cyborg?
Frankly... I'd rather Nagato win by literally kicking ass. I like the idea of her KOing Motoko with spiraling jump kicks and slicing her opponent with Asakura-esque arms.

Maybe Nagato can turn Motoko into wood, but that's a less entertaining way of winning for me.
Old 2009-10-19, 08:37   Link #206
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Frankly... I'd rather Nagato win by literally kicking ass. I like the idea of her KOing Motoko with spiraling jump kicks and slicing her opponent with Asakura-esque arms.

Maybe Nagato can turn Motoko into wood, but that's a less entertaining way of winning for me.
It would be really awesome in Haruhi-Chan season 2 though, if there ever was one XD
Old 2009-10-19, 08:46   Link #207
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

To me, it would be in character for Yuki to be reading a book with one hand, and blocking all of Motoko's attacks with the other...

Things will get serious when Yuki is done reading...
Old 2009-10-19, 09:05   Link #208
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
While we are on Yuki/Rei comparisons, I hope you guys won't mind helping me to settle this argument I had with my friend.

Motoko Kusanagi vs Yuki Nagato. Who will win in a no-holds barred fight? I argue that Yuki operates on a totally different level from Motoko; She can manipulate space-time itself, hell if she wanted to she can turn Motoko into a block of wood. For some reason my friend refuses to accept this.

Mods, if this post is not suitable for this thread feel free to delete it.
You're talking about pitting a military cyborg and top-grade hacker from a dystopic world teetering on the edge of either technological Singularity or self-destruction via grey goo or Skynet versus an android teetering on the edge of emotion-induced insanity that can alter the very fabric of space-time itself, and was created by a fourteen billion year old entity that has existed since the beginning of time.

I like GiTS, but Deus Ex Motoko would be rather severely outclassed here. And Haruhi help her if she did anything that Yuki might see as even remotely threatening to Kyon . . .
Old 2009-10-19, 09:16   Link #209
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Honestly... while it might seem a bit biased coming from me, I truly believe the only beings capable of standing a chance against one of the Interfaces are either other Interfaces or gods.

Or Goku, because even death can't seem to stop him.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-10-19, 09:21   Link #210
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Honestly... while it might seem a bit biased coming from me, I truly believe the only beings capable of standing a chance against one of the Interfaces are either other Interfaces or gods.

Or Goku, because even death can't seem to stop him.
HAHAHA

You gotta keep in mind that Goku is stronger than the gods... so he should meet the qualifications you stated earlier.
Old 2009-10-19, 09:27   Link #211
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Fair enough.
Old 2009-10-19, 09:29   Link #212
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Oh, he'd also win if it was an eating competition.
Old 2009-10-19, 09:42   Link #213
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

That... is debatable. Judging from her eating capability in Lone Island Syndrome and her competitive nature shown in Endless Eight, Sigh and Day of Sagittarius, she might give him a run for his money.
Old 2009-10-19, 16:47   Link #214
Sho-tan
Seitenkan's Shota

Spoiler for Yuki's eating capabilities:

From the PS2 game.
Old 2009-10-19, 18:48   Link #215
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
I wonder if Yuki eats simply to "store data" so that she could use it at a future time? I doubt she actually needs food to live. But perhaps she eats so that she could absorb excess data to be used in a certain situation?

For all we know everything she eats gets converted into future furniture for her apartment.

But it's also possible she does it merely for recreational purposes.

Last edited by Apache Thunder; 2009-10-19 at 20:15.
Old 2009-10-19, 18:59   Link #216
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Probably that last one. Y'know, like Buffyverse vampires.
Old 2009-10-19, 22:43   Link #217
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One needs a lot of stored (data)/energy if you want to recreate places in your appartment to entertain the tiny Ryoko and her living ballon friend.....
Old 2009-10-20, 06:46   Link #218
kniteowl

LOL

Page 11 of this thread is the most LOL I've ever reed since the debate about whether or not Nagato could procreate (have children) somewhere in the sub-forum.

I always got the feeling that if Nagato thought you a were a threat, she'd erase you from existence, or turn you in a chibi version of yourself as a toy to play with in her apartment where she's generally lonely and bored.
Old 2009-10-25, 08:35   Link #219
TakariCritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
But it's also possible she does it merely for recreational purposes.
Given her eating habits in Haruhi Theater and in Lone Island, I think it's safe to say the faster Yuki eats, the more she likes the meal. Yuki is a naturally fast eater, but with certain dishes you can tell she enjoys it more from the speed and quantity she consumes.

Also, a couple of the games have fun with this.

The only time Yuki eats slow is in
Spoiler for NOVELS:
Old 2009-10-26, 03:55   Link #220
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
It should be noted that Yuki does have blood (as was made painfully evident during her battle with Asakura), so there's a chance that her life functions are a least somewhat similar to that of ordinary people. Perhaps she does need to eat once in a while. However, I'd be more surprised if she slept. I don't think it's ever mentioned that she really does.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters