AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-12-04, 10:27   Link #361
tsunade666

Mikoto being the server is possible but her being the network itself is impossible. Because it's called network because it's a connection of many people. It wouldn't a network anymore if it's a one man team.

Quote:
Technically, its possible. Accel mimicking the electromagnetic pulse emissions using his vector control on the electrons around him. He would just need Last Order to feed him the initial calculations while he starts the server up, but once he gets the calculations going, he can set up a parallel connection to the MISAKA Network who then feed the calculations back to him to keep his connection going, then Last Order shuts herself down.
This is possible if and only if. Accelerators' brain damage is fix. because if he would start doing that he would need to be on esper mode all the time a.k.a 24/7. And his batter wouldn't last that long.
Old 2010-12-04, 10:28   Link #362
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
What...no....only esper who could is Accelerator.....because this network has to support Angels....only reason why the Radio Noise Sisters can do it is because there are so damned many of them.
Nah, Mikoto should be able to do it. She's a Lvl 5, and though her calculation power isn't up to Accel's standard, she could prob do a lot anyway. If she connects to the Network, it would be Lvl 5 brain + 9968 Lvl 2 brains. I think that could handle it.

The question is, can she enter the Network at all?
Old 2010-12-04, 10:52   Link #363
tsunade666

I think I might misunderstand something. But Basically it's about Misaka being the server and not the one being the network itself? I think it's possible for her to be the server but become the network itself is impossible.
Old 2010-12-04, 11:00   Link #364
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
What...no....only esper who could is Accelerator.....because this network has to support Angels....only reason why the Radio Noise Sisters can do it is because there are so damned many of them.
The way I see it, the Misaka Network is a computing network of which LO is the "administrator" who directs it and Accel is a user.

She also serves as a gateway for artificial angels to manifest in the real world, which is an ability unique to LO.

While the former is probably within capability of Accel and Mitoko, it's unlikely they can perform the later - much less want to, especially Accel. ><

Anyway, isn't A.C starting up a new network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Nah, Mikoto should be able to do it. She's a Lvl 5, and though her calculation power isn't up to Accel's standard, she could prob do a lot anyway. If she connects to the Network, it would be Lvl 5 brain + 9968 Lvl 2 brains. I think that could handle it.

The question is, can she enter the Network at all?
Well, even if she can't naturally, she can always do it the way Accel does - via a choker.
Hmmm. Mikoto wearing a choker. ^_^
Old 2010-12-04, 11:25   Link #365
zaeraal

First thing firts - to summon something, you need a large amount of energy(mana/telesma/aim) and a MEDIUM, this is universal truth for every type of summoning for every anime/manga story i ever encountered. The same goes for index - in order to summon inocentius, styil needs those runes that maintain his existence, when misha summon angel, she uses her body as a medium, fianma needed toumas arm as a medium for his/her(not sure whitch one) holy right, when another angel descended (not sure whitch one) he used water in oceans as a medium. And the same goes for AC angels - aiwass and hyoka. First is necesary to build up enough AIM in AC, then they can be summoned using the Misaka network as a MEDIUM. In railgun story, the AIM burst was accidentaly summoned using the lever upper network. Hyoka can be summoned using the Misaka network because she is directly connected to it. I mean - in anime they showed that in her head is a prism core, but in novel they showed that the inside of her head is made out of electrical circuits, that are directly connected to somewhere - most likely Misaka network. When LO was under influence of the ANGEL virus, the virus affected Hyoka and put her under AC controll. I dont know what mechanism is behind AIWASS summoning, but he also uses the Misaka network that supports his existence (acts as a medium).

Another thing that aplies for summonings in common is : the better the medium, the more stable and powerfull the summoned being will be. (Is Misaka network really capable of summoning Hyoka/Aiwas in 100%? )

About Misaka joining the network - YES it is possible, as it was stated in anime/manga (again not sure whitch one), she can make "radio" with a different pikachu type esper if she lowers and syncs her power to that of the other esper.

About her taking the lead of the network - yes again it is possible - Misaka worst was supposed to do this, but was stoped, all Misaka needs to do is to remove the existing network leader LO - either by killing her or by somehow taking her role in network.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 19:42   Link #366
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Mikoto being the server is possible but her being the network itself is impossible. Because it's called network because it's a connection of many people. It wouldn't a network anymore if it's a one man team.

This is possible if and only if. Accelerators' brain damage is fix. because if he would start doing that he would need to be on esper mode all the time a.k.a 24/7. And his batter wouldn't last that long.
I don't think this is a problem. As my theory begins with Accelerator becomes a full fledged angel too and thus overloading LO. But if Accelerator is an angel, he can do the calculation by himself just fine, so there should be no problem for him to take over LO's job.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 22:50   Link #367
Shadow5YA

Why does Mikoto have to take Last Order's position as the Admin of the Misaka network? Why can't she just connect like a regular Misaka sister? Mikoto probably only would want the connection for the information anyway, like how she hacks all those computer databases. She doesn't need full control, just access.

The only problem is that Mikoto might go insane if she stays connected to the Network, because the sisters, Last Order, and Accelerator are exposed to so much violence and manipulation behind the scenes. Mikoto is a bit too sheltered to handle getting any more involved. That's why Accelerator was made the protagonist for the science side.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 23:03   Link #368
tsunade666

But that requires Accelerator to maintain in esper mode all the time because if he didn't then the network would stop and the artificial heaven would collapse. Isn't the network signal are the results of AIM of the electric type esper? Accelerator can probably do it but that requires him to maintain it 24/7. and I think that's impossible with brain damage.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:47   Link #369
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

wait , but from what we seen in vol 22 accel dont need the network anymore, so probably brain damage is healed, isnt it?
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 23:54   Link #370
tsunade666

the brain damage is still their. In vol 22 he turns into angel. While in an angel form he won't need the batteries. But when his in esper mode and trying to heal Last Order. He needs those electrode choker to active the esper mode and also a way to connect to the network.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:58   Link #371
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

but in the prologue it says the chocker is broken and accel is bending military class steel as paper.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 00:01   Link #372
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
but in the prologue it says the chocker is broken and accel is bending military class steel as paper.
As I recall he had to turn on the choker before using his powers in that last scene.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 01:17   Link #373
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As I recall he had to turn on the choker before using his powers in that last scene.
yes....I'll never understand how he can use his angel form when normally he's a cripple sustained by the Network....
Old 2010-12-05, 04:06   Link #374
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But that requires Accelerator to maintain in esper mode all the time because if he didn't then the network would stop and the artificial heaven would collapse. Isn't the network signal are the results of AIM of the electric type esper? Accelerator can probably do it but that requires him to maintain it 24/7. and I think that's impossible with brain damage.
The thing is, in angel mode, his calculation is processed by the AIM field itself. The very reason why he doesn't need his choker when his wings are on. Plus, when he fully evolves into an angel, he wouldn't be having any physical brain left anyway, it'll be pure AIM like Aiwass.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 04:32   Link #375
tsunade666

but that requires for him to be 24/7 angel mode. It all comes down to him staying on that same state all the time to maintain the network.
Old 2010-12-25, 07:24   Link #376
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 08:08   Link #377
reaper with no name

Quote:
yes....I'll never understand how he can use his angel form when normally he's a cripple sustained by the Network....
Esper powers are, at their core, a result of personal reality, not calculations. Calculations are only needed to apply them. So, Accelerator's personal reality triggers the angel mode, at which point his own AIM starts doing the calculations.
reaper with no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 11:28   Link #378
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
Esper powers are, at their core, a result of personal reality, not calculations. Calculations are only needed to apply them. So, Accelerator's personal reality triggers the angel mode, at which point his own AIM starts doing the calculations.
No...I mean how he doesn't black out from the strain or something...when normally, he cannot use his Redirect as well as before
Old 2010-12-25, 11:46   Link #379
Miraluka
Banned

It seems he doesn't needs to touch now to attack yet still needs to touch to defend himself and reflect.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 11:48   Link #380
tsunade666

he still needs touch to move something. It's not like his aim field increase in range. That only applies in winged mode.