AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-06, 10:26   Link #941
Justin_Brett

Or have Lordran (and whatever the outside world is called, I'm not sure if that's ever said) be one planet out of many. It's a pretty big area.

And obviously you couldn't have it be about Olivie or anyone big-name and still have the same feel.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 02:43   Link #942
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Been a long time since we've gone Imperium of Man x Ancient Belka, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars x Nanoha Sentokijin Sensou.
Old 2013-04-04, 16:42   Link #943
BeastsLair's Fraggle

For those who remember the original, Hero and me have been rewriting a particular fic of his

Mahou Senki Lyrical Days
BeastsLair's Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 16:46   Link #944
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Spoiler for 10 truths, Shirou as Master:
Old 2013-04-04, 16:49   Link #945
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsLair's Fraggle View Post
For those who remember the original, Hero and me have been rewriting a particular fic of his

Mahou Senki Lyrical Days
Eurgh, I've been waiting for an update on FF.net only to find out it's being rewritten and I have to read it all over again?

Eurgh.
Old 2013-04-04, 16:50   Link #946
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

... I just reread it... but I have to reread it all over again? NOOOO
Old 2013-04-04, 16:50   Link #947
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Yuuno is now in charge pf the rehab of the Huckebein girls xD?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 16:51   Link #948
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Touma is. Not Yuuno.
Old 2013-04-04, 16:53   Link #949
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Yuuno is now in charge pf the rehab of the Huckebein girls xD?
No, Mahou Senki Lyrical Days is a Lyrical Nanoha/Fate/stay night crossover, where after the events of Fate/zero, Kiritsugu and Shirou moved from Fuyuki City to Unimari City.
Old 2013-04-04, 16:53   Link #950
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

for some reason Curren x Yuuno sounds like fun to me xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-04-04, 17:15   Link #951
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
for some reason Curren x Yuuno sounds like fun to me xD
.... that's not a crossover though... If it was Candeloro x Yuuno, it would be fun...
Old 2013-04-04, 17:53   Link #952
BeastsLair's Fraggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Eurgh, I've been waiting for an update on FF.net only to find out it's being rewritten and I have to read it all over again?

Eurgh.

Don't worry, starting chapter 2 things will change
BeastsLair's Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 06:08   Link #953
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Weeeell... I'm in my final year of study! And now I have lots more time!

This year is quite the year for Magical Girls. We have PreCure turning 10, Nanoha getting another movie with an original story set to follow, Madoka movie getting right to its ultimate alternate conclusion, the Sailors making a comeback, and so much more!!

So, okay, maybe I'll do something for this year. I was thinking of celebrating twenty years of Modern Magical Girls, and what better than to have one that crosses over the select of girls who we all remember that have set the pace for the years that came?

The definition of a Modern Magical Girl is one that is a fighting magical girl who battles evil in the name of love and friendship versus the 'Traditional" Magical Girl invented in the 1950s during the post-war period who were simple girls that had magic getting by with life. Of course, being a celebration of all things mahou shoujo, I will eventually involve the Traditionals, but for now I wanted to concentrate on a few.

Because of this, I'm working on The Really MagiCall Magical Girl Decade (Maji de MagiCall no Mahou Shoujo Decade). The premise is about an original character living in the manga timelines of Nanoha, Carrera Porche, who finds a strange phone that has Nanoha's number in it and calls it. Little does she expect to be spirited far away from the Bureau, and now has a transdimensional evil stalking her every move!

The titular MagiCall device is a clamshell phone that allows Carrera to literally call up one of 10 Modern Magical Girls (1 being her base form Decade) and transform into them.

This is where I need help. Who do you consider as the top 9 magical girls in the last 20 years who have made a tremendous impact on the way magical girls have grown? This was my list:

Decade - Transforms Carrera into Mahou Shoujo Decade.
Precure - Transforms Carrera into Cure White.
Mewmew - Transforms Carrera into Mew Ichigo.
Sailor - Transforms Carrera into Sailor Moon.
Nanoha - Transforms Carrera into White Devil Nanoha.
Touge - Transforms Carrera into Magical Witch Punie.
Shugochara - Transforms Carrera into Red Amu.
Kaleido - Transforms Carrera into Mahou Shoujo Kaleido-Ruby.
Cardcaptor - Transforms Carrera into Cardcaptor Sakura.
Madoka - Transforms Carrera into Madoka Magica.

Personally, I wanted Touge to represent all the parody magical girls that surfaced in the modern era. These would include the Masou Shoujos from Zombie, and Panty and Stocking. However, their presence is depriving a space from Magic Knight Rayearth, a modern magical girl series that had demigods masquerading as mecha. Should I drop parody magical girls? Or give them to the antagonist magical girl?

Also, who do you think should or shouldn't make it into the list?
Old 2013-04-07, 10:38   Link #954
Justin_Brett

The only reason Punie is even a threat in her own series is because it's a parody - and because her enemies are all idiots. "Well, her main strength is her submission holds, so I should probably fight her in melee range!" Kaleido Ruby probably fits that role much better.

You should add Cutie Honey, since she was the first magical girl who really fought villains.
Old 2013-04-07, 11:31   Link #955
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I would like to recommend Magic Knight Rayearth but having three protagonists would make it a bit complicated unless the main character only transforms into Hikaru Shidou.

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-04-11, 09:23   Link #956
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
The only reason Punie is even a threat in her own series is because it's a parody - and because her enemies are all idiots. "Well, her main strength is her submission holds, so I should probably fight her in melee range!" Kaleido Ruby probably fits that role much better.

You should add Cutie Honey, since she was the first magical girl who really fought villains.
This is a good idea, and Cutie Honey would fit in with the Parody Magica.

Quote:
I would like to recommend Magic Knight Rayearth but having three protagonists would make it a bit complicated unless the main character only transforms into Hikaru Shidou.
Yes, only Hikaru. Umi and Fuu will go to the transforming antagonist magical girl.

But that's if I do get them in there. I've planned for the Cardcaptor Sakura to take from the TRC timeline, where Sakura is now in essence a bonafide Timelord, the Knights having joined her cause against the Great Shadow Kingdom instead of Carrera befriending them. This is because the Clamp Mokona turned everything into one giant Timeline, so Sakura became the Main Magical Girl while the others like Kobato and Hikaru took the role of leading supporting Magical Girl.

The current lineup:

Decade - Transforms Carrera into Mahou Shoujo Decade.
Precure - Transforms Carrera into Cure White.
Mewmew - Transforms Carrera into Mew Ichigo.
Sailor - Transforms Carrera into Sailor Moon.
Nanoha - Transforms Carrera into White Devil Nanoha.
Cutiehoney - Transforms Carrera into Cutie Honey.
Shugochara - Transforms Carrera into Red Amu.
Kaleido - Transforms Carrera into Mahou Shoujo Kaleido-Ruby.
Cardcaptor - Transforms Carrera into Cardcaptor Sakura.
Madoka - Transforms Carrera into Madoka Magica.

Btw, you have to give Decade's villains credit. They have to be bonafide Daleks to go against the likes of Sakura, Madokami and the Precures, and actually manage to get by had not Decade been passing through.

OR, was this mess all their work in the first place?

ONORE DIKEIDO.
Old 2013-04-18, 17:23   Link #957
Pencil_P

I've been thinking that perhaps I should write a fanfic so here is my idea (which won't be done for a while yet as for a start I need extensive research) for a crossover with F.E.A.R.

A couple of escaped criminals are on the run from TSAB and are hiding out on unadministrated planet 97 . They have retreated to a city in the southern states called Fairport and have got employment with the multi-million dollar arms company Armacham.

Unfortunately they now have Agent Testorossa and her aide Agent Lanster on their case. How long will they be able to hide for? TSAB enforcers though turn out to be not the only things they should worry about after they are sent to help out to the Perseus compound. It seems that Armacham have few skeletons in their closet and these are secrets that could prove deadly for our two heroes.
Pencil_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 10:03   Link #958
Jimmy C

I haven't posted anything here in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
The titular MagiCall device is a clamshell phone that allows Carrera to literally call up one of 10 Modern Magical Girls (1 being her base form Decade) and transform into them.
I heard rumors that the Precure All Stars New Stage was supposed to be something like this, with a girl that could transform into all the Cures then existing. If that had ever been the case, they certainly scrapped it before production, because the movie had nothing like that. It might be because they saw the same problem I did when I thought about the same idea.
Decade (and its sentai counterpart, Gokaiger) worked because the costumes had full facemasks, completely hiding the actor. As a result, you don't get the feeling of the actor "not fitting" the costume.

Magical girls don't hide behind such masks. Their physical appearance is an integral part of their transformed design. Put a girl in a costume designed for another, and certain design elements may clash with the girl's physical features, height, hair and eye color being the most prominent.

Just think of the same girl being dressed in the costumes of all those girls you mentioned. Would she look good in all of them?

Thankfully, this is offset by the fact that your piece is only written text.

Quote:
This is a good idea, and Cutie Honey would fit in with the Parody Magica.
Does Cutie Honey fall within the last 20 years? I thought she was from the 80's.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 11:18   Link #959
Justin_Brett

She had a bunch of other shows that were on more recently.
Old 2013-04-24, 21:20   Link #960
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I heard rumors that the Precure All Stars New Stage was supposed to be something like this, with a girl that could transform into all the Cures then existing. If that had ever been the case, they certainly scrapped it before production, because the movie had nothing like that. It might be because they saw the same problem I did when I thought about the same idea.
Decade (and its sentai counterpart, Gokaiger) worked because the costumes had full facemasks, completely hiding the actor. As a result, you don't get the feeling of the actor "not fitting" the costume.

Magical girls don't hide behind such masks. Their physical appearance is an integral part of their transformed design. Put a girl in a costume designed for another, and certain design elements may clash with the girl's physical features, height, hair and eye color being the most prominent.

Just think of the same girl being dressed in the costumes of all those girls you mentioned. Would she look good in all of them?

Thankfully, this is offset by the fact that your piece is only written text.

Does Cutie Honey fall within the last 20 years? I thought she was from the 80's.
I heard of Cure Union, and have taken to appropriate her image as a placeholder for Carrera until I can find something more appropriate.

You raise a valid point about the no-mask parts, probably for official channels. I see Decade Carrera's Role Calls as something akin to cosplay fanart. Personally, I'm fine with that. To me, one of the draws of a magical girl is that, while not always the case, when given a special item anyone could transform into a magical girl. Changing magical girl forms simply would be changing wardrobe, except that wardrobe comes with a set of powers. I'm a fan of CV-character cross-cosplays, so to me, so its no big deal that Carrera could be wearing Madoka's outfit one moment and sporting the pink hair of later Cures the next.

I'm still thinking about the Cutie Honey issue. I was thinking of the recent remakes when I chose her. Should a magical girl be considered modern if she had a recent incarnation? Or should I instead define it as a fighting magical girl?

Or maybe the contradiction is more reason for Narutaki to be cursing Decade?