Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-11-21, 00:19   Link #4401
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Meanwhile:

Shinji: Uh, anyone? Ya blown up here and injured really bad. Any help? Guys?

I know right, glasses guy maybe helped him before?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 02:25   Link #4402
Alchemist007
*Author

I completely expect the lolis to eat the other lolis as they go down.
Old 2013-11-21, 14:49   Link #4403
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Will they get legit victories against some real threats or against fodder?
Who the hell is not a fodder in this? I have no idea who, other than Bach and MAYBE Ishida, we are supposed to regard as serius biznes.

There's those top letter Quincies that were introduced in that one chapter, but I can't even remember any of their names or most of their faces. Was Bam-bam one of them? Hell if I know.
Old 2013-11-21, 14:53   Link #4404
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

B (Ulquiorra 2/or Byakuya 3? You know super strong cold guy who follows the rules) and TroloAizen are probably not fodder.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 18:21   Link #4405
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
So Komamura's now doomed to spend an eternity as a complete wolf?
Ehh...whatever. Let's just get Orihime to reject that little sacrifice he made. Gotta admit, I've never looked forward to seeing Rukia or Renji arrive on the battle field. And lo and behold, this times no different. Though I do wonder what Kubo has in store for these two. Will they get legit victories against some real threats or against fodder?
Oh please, the only fuckers that will actually have any legit chance up against the VR is Ichigo, Kenny and maybe Byakuya. Maybe Mayuri and Urahara depending on whatever the hell they're doing.

The best I expect from anyone at this point is that they go down swinging and not wind up bloody and blown to bits and dead. At least Koma got an ending to his story and is at least still intact and not near death like everyone else we've seen so far who's fought.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:25   Link #4406
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Who the hell is not a fodder in this? I have no idea who, other than Bach and MAYBE Ishida, we are supposed to regard as serius biznes.

There's those top letter Quincies that were introduced in that one chapter, but I can't even remember any of their names or most of their faces. Was Bam-bam one of them? Hell if I know.
In terms of VR, not a damn one is fodder:

Mohawk: took out Whitey and probably killed Kira

Cang: Took out Matsu and possibly killed her

Colonel: took out Kyoraku's eye

Bambi: took out Shinji and possibly killed him

Cyborg: took out Soi

Hachi: Second in command and will probably kill Nanao.

Aizen Clone: He's going to take out Mayuri and Urahara probably.

Opie: almost killed Urahara, nakama, Arrancar and co....would have too if it weren't for Grimmjow/WHomever killing him first

Point? They ain't fodder. Bambi is the second VR we've seen lose. And while I don't expect her group to succeed, I got no doubt that they'll damage SOMEONE before being taken out.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:37   Link #4407
CBredbeard
Banned

I hope it's like a real war with retreats and counter attacks and things like that. At this rate, they'll settle everything in a single day when Bach said it'd take 9.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 05:20   Link #4408
Calca
Expressionless

I regard Bambi as pretty strong. It should exactly what it had to take to beat someone like her.

Plus I have a feeling she's going to become someone's mindless zombie.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 10:30   Link #4409
itachi-san314

the shitritters aren't fodder at all. fodder are nameless shinigami or hollow who can be taken out 100s at a time. the shitritters are all very strong, but it's true that nobody cares about them and they have no character development
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 14:31   Link #4410
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
the shitritters aren't fodder at all. fodder are nameless shinigami or hollow who can be taken out 100s at a time. the shitritters are all very strong, but it's true that nobody cares about them and they have no character development
True enough, guess they're just nameless to me because they have as much character depth as a plank with a face drawn on it.
Old 2013-11-22, 15:51   Link #4411
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

At some of the Arrancar had personalities.

The VR are just basically KILL EVERYBODY NOT A QUINCY
Old 2013-11-22, 18:02   Link #4412
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
They're fodder ;D ask Kenpachi
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 18:46   Link #4413
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
They're fodder ;D ask Kenpachi
Fake Juha says "hi"

Let's look at the Nazis that were killed though. Unfortunately I don't want to look up all their names so I'll go by their letters or physical description. Side effect of having a ton of villians introduced all at once. I at least LEARNED the espadas' names before they got offed. Plus people for the most part liked the Espadas

Jailer guy: Trapped Ichigo, had Urahara on the ropes, killed by a surprise attack by (probably) Grimmjow -Not fodder which is surprising given he was one of the first Sternritters introduced (we all know the first few encountered of a group of newly introduced major villains is usually the weakest in Shounen)

Gun guy: Didn't even seem injured. Took out Shunsui's eye -Not fodder

Bambietta: Took major hax to beat. Hax no longer viable now -Not fodder

Nodt: I remember his name because I think he is a badass. Controls fear. Would probably be a tough opponent even without Byakuya's bankai -Not fodder

Bazz-B: Flames that rival Yama-ji's. Wiped the floor with Hitsugaya -Not fodder

Three guys Kenpachi killed: Ya fodder. Killed offscreen

Overkill guy: Took out Sasakibe. Killed by Yamamoto which you can't really fault the guy with. Everyone dies to Yama-ji unless you somehow seal his power in a BS manner -Unknown strength

Fake Juha: Beat the crap out of Kenpachi. Another guy killed by Yama-ji in his bankai form. Understandable in his loss. -Not fodder

Haschwalth: Broke Ichigo's sword. Unknown true strength but the guy is probably not fodder even for those who think the other sternritter are trash

Robot: Took a missile to the face. Still lived -Not fodder

Iron: Beaten by Hitsugaya's bankai which is like the first guy who lost to Hitsugaya since Luppi. Still alive after activating his holy form. -Probably weaker than the rest

So ya, these are an incredibly strong group of villains. The fact that we really don't care for them due to Kubo introducing as many villains as there are English letters kind of reduces the effect of when they are actually beaten.

Last edited by Calca; 2013-11-22 at 19:03.
Old 2013-11-22, 19:14   Link #4414
saravis

Quote:
/snip
Well to be fair, most of the victories are against Shinigamis that aren't known for being successful. Hitsugaya, Sasakibe, and Matsumoto haven't had a good track record. Shinji is up in the air, since he hasn't had very many fights. The biggest success in that list is Shunsui's eye and everybody knows that losing your eye just makes you more of a badass. While you could make an argument that they aren't fodder, they haven't been proven to be incredibly strong either.
Old 2013-11-23, 01:35   Link #4415
SeanQ

their techniques screams fodder

"the finger"
"the explode"

waiting for "the attack that you cannot impossibly avoid but will most likely survive but you somehow reflect"
Old 2013-11-23, 03:42   Link #4416
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
True enough, guess they're just nameless to me because they have as much character depth as a plank with a face drawn on it.
Hey, hey, be fair. Each of those planks has a letter on the other side...
Old 2013-11-23, 04:12   Link #4417
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
their techniques screams fodder

"the finger"
"the explode"

waiting for "the attack that you cannot impossibly avoid but will most likely survive but you somehow reflect"
It's a Japanese author incorporating the English alphabet into the characters' primary skill. The techniques don't scream "fodder" because they've obviously already beat the crap out of a lot of shinigami.
Old 2013-11-23, 22:38   Link #4418
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Well to be fair, most of the victories are against Shinigamis that aren't known for being successful. Hitsugaya, Sasakibe, and Matsumoto haven't had a good track record. Shinji is up in the air, since he hasn't had very many fights. The biggest success in that list is Shunsui's eye and everybody knows that losing your eye just makes you more of a badass. While you could make an argument that they aren't fodder, they haven't been proven to be incredibly strong either.
We didn't even get a chance to see Shinji's bankai. And probably won't , since he's trolldead for now until Kubo decides to either declare his dumb ass dead or have Momo revive him. I"ll be really homicidal if Kubo pulls this shit on Urahara or Yoruichi

Shunsui is one of the few shinigami though that might succeed..since I really can't see Kubo killing off ANOTHER commander, even if it's Hachi........though Nanao might become this part of the arc's Chojiro.

RIP Matsumoto. you too Hitsu...for now anyway. I know they're probably going to be revived but Kubo can really kill them off now. We've seen what they can do, though I love how Kubo said that this was supposedly tied to Matsumoto's past and the Hogkyou and yet not a damn thing was said about it.

I totally forgot about Fake Juha. Was that the twins? I remember that one of the people Kenny took out was a girl called the talk or something stupid...

And I actually forgot about As Nodt as well....of course, the one person who actually killed Byakuya....sorry but he did. We all know that Kubo revived Byakuya due to fan complaints.
Old 2013-11-24, 08:35   Link #4419
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Fake Juha says "hi"
Considering how he was able to mimick Juha's power and ability, which is about as asinine as Ichigo's power ups, he is not included.

Quote:
Bazz-B: Flames that rival Yama-ji's. Wiped the floor with Hitsugaya -Not fodder
Hitsugaya is Kubo's favorite punching bag. Any character that comes along with a ability that supposedly "rivals" another users...take it with a grain of salt.

The only legit threats seem to be the old guy that took out Shinsui's eye and Juha's #1 that broke Ichigo's sword.

Robot guy took a rocket to the face and lived, as did Baraggan.

I'm sure we're supposed to be taking ALL of these guys seriously, but like the Espada, they'll be treated like fodder because most of the captains have shown to be rather shitty in the overall course of the show.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2013-11-24 at 15:15. Reason: adding stuffs
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 16:47   Link #4420
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Even the shinigami though managed to damage the Espada though before Aizen made mincemeat out of everyone.

Koma and Kenny are legititmately the only ones who've actually have had success against VRs. I'm sure some other VRs will make it thru, but until Ichigo shows up...probably not.

Tags
bleach, chapter