AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-19, 01:30   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Valvrave the Liberator - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Valvrave the Liberator. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Old 2013-12-28, 00:10   Link #2
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Wow, I kinda forgot about this thread but since I'm here I might as well talk about some performances that I liked.

I really enjoyed Daisuke Ono's performance as Cain. He had charm, menace, an overall cool factor that I really enjoyed. His voice was smooth and deep and oozed coolness. It was a perfect fit for the character.

As much as I don't really care much for the character, I enjoyed Ryohei Kimura's performance as L-Elf. You felt like dude was holding a lot in and when he let it out at times you felt it. I also enjoyed his delivery of some of his more snarky lines.

And last but not least, Jun Fukuyama as A-Drei. Yes, it was over the top at times but that was part of the character's charm. He was having fun. And I had fun listening to him deliver his lines.
Old 2013-12-28, 01:29   Link #3
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Wow, I kinda forgot about this thread but since I'm here I might as well talk about some performances that I liked.

I really enjoyed Daisuke Ono's performance as Cain. He had charm, menace, an overall cool factor that I really enjoyed. His voice was smooth and deep and oozed coolness. It was a perfect fit for the character.

As much as I don't really care much for the character, I enjoyed Ryohei Kimura's performance as L-Elf. You felt like dude was holding a lot in and when he let it out at times you felt it. I also enjoyed his delivery of some of his more snarky lines.

And last but not least, Jun Fukuyama as A-Drei. Yes, it was over the top at times but that was part of the character's charm. He was having fun. And I had fun listening to him deliver his lines.
These were all my favorites too. Jun Fukuyama, Ryohei Kimura, and Daisuke Ono were the best.

However, Haruka Tomatsu as Saki also did an awesome job, and Misato Fukuen also was really good as Marie.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-12-28, 01:34   Link #4
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

I've gotta give props to Aoi Yuki. I never even knew Akira was voiced by her until I looked it up. It's quite surprising to me considering that it's out of the vocal range that I know her for.

Nana Mizuki got the short end of the stick here.
Kriemhild was such a minor role. Aside from OP performance, Nana really didn't have much of a role with this series. Oh well…she and Aoi have Symphogear season 3 to fall back on.
Old 2013-12-28, 01:44   Link #5
Makino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Nana Mizuki got the short end of the stick here.
Kriemhild was such a minor role. Aside from OP performance, Nana really didn't have much of a role with this series. Oh well…she and Aoi have Symphogear season 3 to fall back on.
I suspect its not that she couldn't have gotten a main character role but more like she chose not to. She only does very minimal voice work these days, probably due to a busy schedule in her music career.
Old 2013-12-28, 07:02   Link #6
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
These were all my favorites too. Jun Fukuyama, Ryohei Kimura, and Daisuke Ono were the best.

However, Haruka Tomatsu as Saki also did an awesome job, and Misato Fukuen also was really good as Marie.
Haruka Tomatsu has been doing pretty good as of late. It just sucks that her character wasn't really given much to do in the grand scheme of things.

I liked Misato Fukuen's performance as well. In particular the emotion she gave in her final moments. Same with Yuki Ono as Kyuuma. Even though his character wasn't given much to do most of the time aside from scream "YAMADA!" when things got dicey during battles, when he got the spotlight back in episode in episode 21 he owned it. That speech and his emotion during his final moments. So many feels!
Old 2013-12-28, 07:04   Link #7
Key Board
Carbon

I like Tomatoes

but I wish her character would stop being mistreated THAT way

after SAO, Valvrave and Samumenco. I'm starting to wonder.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-28, 07:55   Link #8
kaigan
Segmentation fault

i also like saki's voice. not sure if it was raised before or in another thread but she's also the voice of ibara in coppelion. surprisingly, the hinted love interest is also named haruto. it always put a smile on my face when i hear she says it. love you saki.
Old 2014-01-03, 20:22   Link #9
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Saki's voice actor is officially my first and only actor I ever being a fan of. I'll look forward and look out for all her future work. I friggin loved Saki's voice to hell.
Old 2014-01-05, 21:52   Link #10
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This series is the first time I hear of Ryota Osaka. I wonder if he lost his voice during that death scene from episode 21. I already wanna check Hamatora just for his role.

Also, I think everybody loved Jun Fukuyama for his yells involving L-elf's name. Thankfully, he had several quiet scenes.

One of the most mindblowing roles for me was Yuji Kaji as Q-vier. It's amazing how he managed to sound both adorable and crazy several times.
Closed Thread