AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-31, 11:01   Link #941
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Assuming 3-4 novels a year equals ~25 - 36 years. Fans of Mahouka will probably be known as the greatest otakus of all times
Wonder if they will create a hall of fame for those who stayed with the novel starting from the web arcs

Edit: acutally I would be more surprised if after 108 volumes they are still in high school. Though with To aru there are 26 novels (main story) and they moved like 4-5 months since start.
108 volumes... i doubt that is even tatsuya and miyuki anymore but rather their children...
Old 2012-05-31, 11:20   Link #942
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
108 volumes... i doubt that is even tatsuya and miyuki anymore but rather their children...
If you look at the shots, they can't be their children 'cause the male is a Weed too.

This must be a big trolling from the animation studio, but somehow gives me hopes for an animated series about MK.

I wonder when we will see that, taking in account the Date-A live's case
Old 2012-05-31, 13:35   Link #943
Awrya
U mad?

Just reread web arc 1 summary by EnigmaticAxiom, and it is said that Morisaki has a recommendation to join the Discipline Committee? Can anyone elaborate how he got a recommendation? Is it based on the school examination's performance (casting speed etc)?
Old 2012-05-31, 17:37   Link #944
kfcpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
tatsuya & mayumi's children that is
Old 2012-05-31, 18:40   Link #945
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

You guys mean Tatsuya and his harem's children
Old 2012-05-31, 22:08   Link #946
kfcpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
ah how could i have mistaken, you're right
Old 2012-05-31, 23:27   Link #947
tsunade666

how could that happen!? Unless a yandere imouto just let it pass by, by which I don't see happening easily -_-
Old 2012-06-01, 02:29   Link #948
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
how could that happen!? Unless a yandere imouto just let it pass by, by which I don't see happening easily -_-
well...she's also one of it member
ID Harem Number: 000001
Name: Miyuki Shibata

Old 2012-06-01, 04:29   Link #949
rejer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfcpanda View Post
tatsuya & mayumi's children that is
Quote:
Even though the girl on the billboard just looks like Miyuki and the text on it reads as Tatsuya finding about Miyuki's secret?

I just can't see it possible other than that she's Miyuki or a child of two of them.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-01, 10:28   Link #950
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Just reread web arc 1 summary by EnigmaticAxiom, and it is said that Morisaki has a recommendation to join the Discipline Committee? Can anyone elaborate how he got a recommendation? Is it based on the school examination's performance (casting speed etc)?
It was a recommendation from the faculty based on his exam results. I'm sure they understood Miyuki would be chosen for student council. Not sure why they skipped over Shizuku and Honoka (who were second and third place overall), though.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:09   Link #951
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejer View Post
Even though the girl on the billboard just looks like Miyuki and the text on it reads as Tatsuya finding about Miyuki's secret?

I just can't see it possible other than that she's Miyuki or a child of two of them.
Spoiler:
Haha well yea putting trolling aside, what we were talking about is how if the story continues on for a 100+ volumes the story would probably be about their kids rather than the cast we know atm but doesn't mean Tatsuya and Miyuki couldn't still be our poster couple for the series even then, even if the story moved on from them.

A story about how you don't mess with Daddy Tatsuya and Mommy Miyuki's kids?
Old 2012-06-01, 12:24   Link #952
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
A story about how you don't mess with Daddy Tatsuya and Mommy Miyuki's kids?
whomever try to do that sure want to move Gehenna to earth
Lucifer will be very pleased then wahahahaha XD

back to topic:
about Mahouka Koukou no Yuutosei, chapter 2 (RAW) been released, but the third.... ? is it my eyes deceiving me or this is from same illustrator...for this series...

edited:
dammit! it didn't allow me to hot linking the picture!

anyway, it's quite similar...

off topic:
larethian-bro?
why the heck you listed as inactive on Baka-Tsuki while you are this series translation project supervisor ?

joking:
wanna something to boost your spirit to translate? I still have my Chocolate Bar from a year ago in my treasure box, it just...chipped a bit, but I swear I didn't use my teeth, no germ of mine on it, I always keep my hand clean, honest!

don't angry, it's just us, prisoners, can eat sweet only once a year, so I kinda pick a habit to store some, in case next year the Watcher didn't bring us any
Old 2012-06-01, 19:37   Link #953
zephyr325

Quote:
Boooo, any idea as to when new stuff will come out?

How much longer do the light novels have to catch up on?
Here is an estimation of LN release schedule, based on the actual release date of volumes already out so far (01~05)

Vol.01 : School Entrance Episode 1/2 (Arc.01 1/2 of Web version) - July 10th, 2011 (Published)
Vol.02 : School Entrance Episode 2/2 (Arc.01 2/2 of Web version) - August 10th, 2011 (Published)
Vol.03 : 9 Schools Tournament Episode 1/2 (Arc.02 1/2 of Web version) - November 10th, 2011 (Published)
Vol.04 : 9 Schools Tournament Episode 2/2 (Arc.02 2/2 of Web version) - December 10th, 2011 (Published)
Vol.05 : Side Story Episode #1 + 3 Newly Added Single Episodes (Events between Arc.02 and Arc.03) - April 10th, 2012 (Published)

These are the volumes out so far.

Vol.06 : Magic Thesis Competition / Yokohama Conflict Episode 1/2 (Arc.03 1/2 of Web version) - July 10th, 2012 (Scheduled)

You can see that volumes of each Arc is released in fairly short interval, with each Arc about 3 months apart.
The apparent gap between Vol.04 and Vol.05 might be due to addition of new material (3 new short stories).

So my estimation for release schedule of volumes (at least until the pre-written contents are exhausted) would be...

Vol.07 : Magic Thesis Competition / Yokohama Conflict Episode 2/2 (Arc.03 2/2 of Web version) - August 10th, 2012
Vol.08 : Flashback Episode (Arc.04 of Web version) - December 10th, 2012
Vol.09 : Side Story Episode #2 + ? Newly Added Single Episodes (Event between Arc.03 and Arc.05) - April 10th, 2013
Vol.10 : Parasite Episode 1/2 (Arc.05 of Web version) - July 10th, 2013
Vol.11 : Parasite Episode 2/2 (Arc.06 of Web version) - August 10th, 2013
Vol.12 : Arc.07 1/2 - November 10th, 2013
Vol.13 : Arc.07 2/2 - December 10th, 2013

Provided that the author doesn't use Vol.12 as another Side Stories Epsode, and that the author doesn't postpone any schedule, we might be able to see Arc.07 near the end of next year...
Old 2012-06-02, 10:22   Link #954
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
It was a recommendation from the faculty based on his exam results. I'm sure they understood Miyuki would be chosen for student council. Not sure why they skipped over Shizuku and Honoka (who were second and third place overall), though.
Thanks for clarifying. Though it may be annoying for you, I have another question

In Web Arc 2 Tatsuya gave a cloak to Mikihiko, which caused spirits to gather around him if I understood correctly. In Arc 3 Sayuri (the stepmother) asked him to analyse that Magatama (out-of-place artefact) which had a magic formula stored in it. Is it different from the cloak or did Tatsuya discovered a way but did not report it?
Old 2012-06-02, 15:17   Link #955
zephyr325

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. Though it may be annoying for you, I have another question

In Web Arc 2 Tatsuya gave a cloak to Mikihiko, which caused spirits to gather around him if I understood correctly. In Arc 3 Sayuri (the stepmother) asked him to analyse that Magatama (out-of-place artefact) which had a magic formula stored in it. Is it different from the cloak or did Tatsuya discovered a way but did not report it?
The robe Mikihiko used is not a Relic (O-parts with Magical overtechnology).
It's simply an ordinary robe with Magical property printed(stamped?) on the surface which enhances his ability to control SB (Spiritual Being).

The Reilc from Arc.03 enables to preserve Magic Code inside it. This means Magic applied to itself (Relic) can remain active permanently.

This is serious stuff, because if it really works (the novel says that it is still a hypothesis), it could be used to create things like perpetual mobile (if Movement alteration Magic is used) or permanent heat source (if Temperature alteration Magic is used)

So far, It hasn't even been proven if the Relic can really preserve a Magic Code.
And even if that is proven to be a truth, it is considered almost impossible to duplicate a Relic.

Last edited by zephyr325; 2012-06-02 at 15:59.
Old 2012-06-02, 15:34   Link #956
zephyr325

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaticAxiom View Post
I think Honoka and Shizuku were skipped because Discipline Squad is a tough business and therefore consists of mostly male students.

So far, Mari and Chiyoda are the only female members that appear in novel, and it seems Mari had a hard time when she first joind the squad.

I guess Morisaki would be ideal choice because he is a boy and has field experience (from working as a bodyguard at his family business).
Old 2012-06-02, 23:15   Link #957
kfcpanda

just rereading stuff and paused at something-

can someone explain to me just what "Trident" is? from what i can tell, it's a weapon used by Tatsuya but just what is it exactly/abilities/etc.?

also: the "7 sages" are just war-class magicians that are publicly known right?
Old 2012-06-03, 00:12   Link #958
Flere821
Lurker

Trident is the CAD Tatsuya uses for his war-class magic, Material Burst.

7 sages, IIRC from Web 6 they're the upper echelons in US that's the equivalent of the Ten Numbered Families in Japan. For some reason they revealed US's LHC-esque experiment of trying to match Japan's Nuclear-equivalent magic and ended up accidentally summoning spirits into the world that resulted in the Vampire Incidents (which Sirius (war-mage of US) vehemently denies to be the case to Tatsuya, for some reason the 7 sages is trying to paint magicians in a bad light).
Old 2012-06-03, 00:38   Link #959
tsunade666

isn't it third eye? the one that allows Tatsuya to link up with the satellite to pin point the location so he can cast it in a safe spot?
Old 2012-06-03, 01:44   Link #960
zephyr325

Quote:
just rereading stuff and paused at something-

can someone explain to me just what "Trident" is? from what i can tell, it's a weapon used by Tatsuya but just what is it exactly/abilities/etc.?

also: the "7 sages" are just war-class magicians that are publicly known right?
Spoiler for Trident:

Spoiler for Sage...? Apostle...?:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings