AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-09, 11:07   Link #521
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Adr... I am seriously having trouble believing that you are honestly asking all these question that are either pointless or obvious.

To answer, though:

Regius had to die because he could have revealed valuable information on Jail.

Zest chose to die because -and he said this multiple times- he already was a dead man walking. He died once, and was brought back. He knew he was going to to die anyway, so he wanted to die a knights death.
Old 2007-10-09, 23:10   Link #522
Nemesis

The strikers storyline was difficult to understand,with so much talking,i got lost.
Old 2007-10-14, 22:56   Link #523
fairy_mouse

Is there anyone can tell me the reason why Arf-san (Fate's familiar) is absent in this series.
In the first two seasons, Arf has the protection power that can help Fate in the battle.
I wonder why she is absent in this series.
Old 2007-10-14, 23:08   Link #524
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy_mouse View Post
Is there anyone can tell me the reason why Arf-san (Fate's familiar) is absent in this series.
In the first two seasons, Arf has the protection power that can help Fate in the battle.
I wonder why she is absent in this series.
i believe her role is equivalent to Yuuno's - a support type of character. This season of Nanoha mainly focuses on the 4 young trainees under the care of Nanoha and Fate, under the command of Hayate. The story doesnt revolve alot on Nanoha and Fate anymore, its involving Teana, Erio, Carlo and Subaru as well. They probably dont have alot of time to input all the character's parts into it.

Unlike in 1st and 2nd season of Nanoha where it involves Nanoha and Fate's adventures, this season doesnt go towards that direction anymore. Therefore, Arf cannot be added into the story.

You can say shes a character thats been....thrown away.
Old 2007-10-14, 23:11   Link #525
arkhangelsk

The official reason is that Fate is all grown up and doesn't need Arf's direct protection anymore. Therefore, Arf decides to turn into a little kid to reduce the power draw and "protect" Fate's interests elsewhere (family).

The real reason is probably a desperate attempt to reduce the overflowing number of characters in the show. The official reason makes no sense with the limiter - if I were Fate, I'd dump all (or at least a large fraction of) the power the limiter isn't letting me use on a regular basis into Arf, making her super-Arf. I'd then move her in close, ready to bail me out if I need power and HQ isn't cooperating for any reason, or even if I get to use full power, 2 Weak on 1 is often better than 1 Strong on 1 (within limits).
Old 2007-10-15, 11:06   Link #526
fairy_mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
The official reason is that Fate is all grown up and doesn't need Arf's direct protection anymore. Therefore, Arf decides to turn into a little kid to reduce the power draw and "protect" Fate's interests elsewhere (family).

The real reason is probably a desperate attempt to reduce the overflowing number of characters in the show. The official reason makes no sense with the limiter - if I were Fate, I'd dump all (or at least a large fraction of) the power the limiter isn't letting me use on a regular basis into Arf, making her super-Arf. I'd then move her in close, ready to bail me out if I need power and HQ isn't cooperating for any reason, or even if I get to use full power, 2 Weak on 1 is often better than 1 Strong on 1 (within limits).
I don't really think that's the main reason for the absence of Arf-san in this serie.
Vita and Signum's familiar still get involve in the battle right?
I think this series is kind of boring, many characters are thrown away like Kazuki said.
Yunno became a professor in the university. Isn't it tricky? At the end of season 2. the film director gave us a feeling that something will happen in the relationship between Nanoha and Yunno, but in this series, they are not together.
Old 2007-10-15, 11:16   Link #527
arkhangelsk

That is a Guardian Beast, and it belongs to Hayate. Notice how he is also shafted nearly to nothing.
Old 2007-10-15, 18:19   Link #528
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Also Zafiria isn't a familiar, he or any of the knights don't draw on Hayate's magical powers. Arf however is a familiar and the more 'human-like', powerful, etc. she is the more magical energy she'll have to constantly drain from Fate.

So she's loli'd in order to use as little mana as possible so as to not hamper Fate.

And Zafiria wasn't shafted as bad as Arf actually. He got to fight, she did not.
Old 2007-10-15, 18:55   Link #529
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
And Zafiria wasn't shafted as bad as Arf actually. He got to fight, she did not.

I don't know... What Zafira has been reduced to... Feels pretty bad, especially since he does have screentime, unlike Arf.
Old 2007-10-16, 12:38   Link #530
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I apologise if this has been asked and answered, but does anyone know approximately when did Clyde die? I'm working a a theory that Hayate has the Yaten no Madoshou ever since she's born and that can only work if Clyde died before her birth.

Trying to guess from the Harlaowns' family photo is really not very helpful .

Signature by liro
Old 2007-10-16, 12:46   Link #531
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I apologise if this has been asked and answered, but does anyone know approximately when did Clyde die? I'm working a a theory that Hayate has the Yaten no Madoshou ever since she's born and that can only work if Clyde died before her birth.

Trying to guess from the Harlaowns' family photo is really not very helpful .
11 years before A's. So, when Chrono's 3 years old.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-10-16, 13:42   Link #532
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
11 years before A's. So, when Chrono's 3 years old.
Ah, many thanks. Hmm, good, good....

Curious though, where did this info come from anyway?

Add-On: Geh, just realised that Signum actually mentioned that the Tome has been with Hayate since birth in A's #6. Should have check canon a bit more thoroughly.... ><

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2007-10-16 at 13:57.
Old 2007-10-18, 09:18   Link #533
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Hmm...

Does anyone here know Quint's TSAB Rank? Sorta need

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-10-18, 10:03   Link #534
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Hmm...

Does anyone here know Quint's TSAB Rank? Sorta need
My opinion is that she couldn't be higher than AA...

But no, as far as I know, it was never mentioned.
Old 2007-10-18, 14:49   Link #535
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I think Lowe means her rank as in like... i.e. Private not her Mage Rank.
Old 2007-10-19, 04:42   Link #536
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I think Lowe means her rank as in like... i.e. Private not her Mage Rank.
IIRC, she has no silver shoulder boards, which means non-officer. Based on likely number of years in service, she's most likely a Sergeant or maybe Master Sergeant.

But it is never officially stated. Which is good for the FanFic writer - he's free to write anything he wants.
Old 2007-10-19, 05:19   Link #537
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Somehow, I wanted Quint to be a Sergeant, just thought that perhaps she had a much higher rank... thanks for the info

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-10-20, 09:27   Link #538
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Double Post Time:

Anyone know Sistah Schach's age in StrikerS?

Old 2007-10-22, 17:18   Link #539
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Double Post Time:

Anyone know Sistah Schach's age in StrikerS?
There isn't any "facts" to support he exact age. My guess Sister Schach's age is around 22. I just found out that she's ranked AAA.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2007-10-23, 01:58   Link #540
Ottocycle

Lessee...

Well all we have are inferences at this point, I guess. No exacts.

Chrono's 24 in StS. Rossa would probably be about the same age as he is(+/-2).
Given how Schach lords over Rossa in SS02, and the fact that she took care of him when he was admitted into the Saint Church, I'd give it a range of her being 3-8 years older, depending on how old Rossa was when he got in.

tl;dr? 25-32 years old.
Closed Thread