AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-12, 10:57   Link #101
LynnieS

Maybe it's just me, but I can't help but wonder if
Spoiler:
Oh, well. Still a nice episode regardless, and "Airhead" Nana is still cute... esp. with the short hair, IMHO.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 10:59   Link #102
IMSabbel

If they had followed the mangas pacing, they would have lost tons of viewers...
I personally didnt find the manga very interesting at all until the 2 nanas met..
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 11:08   Link #103
LynnieS

My thoughts were that having skipped a volume already in the first episode, they now have to go back and do what they're doing now. I find the shift in time a bit jarring, IMHO. Whether others think so or otherwise, no idea.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 11:25   Link #104
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 11:34   Link #105
amonrei

Funny, I like this. Nana and Nana sharing a room numbered nana zero nana heh.
amonrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 14:02   Link #106
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Quote:
Originally Posted by mippa
Yes, I think the second episode will be especially pleasing to the diehards. ^^v

And Raphael! Thanks for joining me tonight in watching! ^^v
You're very welcome, dear. and i'm looking forward to next week, counting on you.
That was actually really fun, wasn't it? Unlike wrex was thinking, i'm a guy and can somehow manage to do two things at the same time. lol
Anyway, wrex, i'm sure you were better off with your girlfriend. I think i would probably have done the same if i had one. boohoo
( mippa don't get mad, we all know you are waiting for your man, if you don't mind me saying^^ )
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 16:01   Link #107
dxgarten

Episode 2 Screencaps and summary

Spoiler:

Last edited by dxgarten; 2006-04-13 at 07:27.
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 16:22   Link #108
Omniscient

Episode 02 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 18:18   Link #109
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Episode 02 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-12, 18:24   Link #110
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 00:05   Link #111
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
I'm quite pleased with how they are arranging things. I wasn't interested in NANA until after I read the first two volumes, so I believe starting from volume 2 and going back to volume 1 was the correct choice.

Can't wait for Nobu~ <3

Rasuberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 00:31   Link #112
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Nana big hit in first week

Nana debuted at number five in last week's top ten anime by number of viewers. This is outstanding for a late-night show, almost none of which ever hit the top ten. It was even ahead of Naruto. Honey & Clover started the trend of late-night josei anime, but Nana in its first week had 50% more viewers than that had in any week of its run (as I recall the figures).

Video Research 2006.04.03 -- 2006.04.09

Sazaemon — Sunday 18:30 — 20.3 (percentage of audience)
Chibi Maruko-chan — Sunday 18:00 — 12.8
Futari wa Precure Splash Star — Sunday 08:30 — 8.2
Digimon Savers — Sunday 09:00 — 6.3
NANA — Wednesday 23:55 — 6.2
Eyeshield 21 — Wednesday 19:00 — 6.1
Naruto — Wednesday 19:27 — 6.0
Major — Thursday 18:00 — 5.7
Gintama — Tuesday 19:00 — 5.6
Shoujo Changeum’s Dream — Thursday 19:30 — 5.3
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 00:45   Link #113
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Downloading to watch for the first time.... glad to hear that. More H&C and Nana type shows might just move that dysfunctional edge of anime more into the mainstream (much as Simpsons and Futurama almost made cartoons "normal" adult fare.)
Old 2006-04-13, 16:02   Link #114
Sakumas_Kuma

Send a message via AIM to Sakumas_Kuma Send a message via MSN to Sakumas_Kuma
The manga for this was so exciting at every moment and the character development was incredible. The anime is living up pretty well I'd say, it keeps more viewers to start with the segment where Nana and Nana meet because it's just interesting. I have a feeling it'll continue and keep going really well, I haven't felt so excited to watch an anime like this in a while. Thanks Live-eviL for doing a fast/great job! ^___^
Sakumas_Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 16:45   Link #115
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
Lets just hope Nana can keep good figures and not take a hard tumble downward. But I cant wait for later episodes when the real drama begins.
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 18:49   Link #116
Ness
Music Whore

Send a message via MSN to Ness
I freaking squealed when I saw the anime version at AnimeSuki. I was very disappointed with the movie (I'm sorry, the only thing good in that movie was the actress that played Nana Osaki and the music). I was a little fearful I'd be disappointed, but damn! It's amazing. I totally understood that they had to make it shorter than the first volume of the manga. The art is amazing, very loyal to the original one (hurray for Ai Yazawa!) and the music... Oh man, the music. I loved it; the opening and ending were amazing.

I can't wait for the second episode. Live-eviL! Hurry up and feed us awaiting fans. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartChick
Lets just hope Nana can keep good figures and not take a hard tumble downward. But I cant wait for later episodes when the real drama begins.
Ditto, ditto. :]
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 03:19   Link #117
SmartChick
Future Billionaire

Send a message via AIM to SmartChick
I just saw episode 2 and Im really suprised that they stuck to the manga 100% no changes what so ever. Even lines were identical to the manga. I agree too that they will probably spend about 3 to 4 eps on the backgrounds of the two Nanas. I also wonder if this will even be a 52 episode series since volume 1 will be about 3-4 eps and the manga is now about 14 volumes long. However, I can see it being a 26 ep series if they begin to cut out material. But at the pace this is going I hope that everything will be covered and this wont be rushed at all like parakiss was.
SmartChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 03:28   Link #118
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartChick
I just saw episode 2 and Im really suprised that they stuck to the manga 100% no changes what so ever. Even lines were identical to the manga. I agree too that they will probably spend about 3 to 4 eps on the backgrounds of the two Nanas. I also wonder if this will even be a 52 episode series since volume 1 will be about 3-4 eps and the manga is now about 14 volumes long. However, I can see it being a 26 ep series if they begin to cut out material. But at the pace this is going I hope that everything will be covered and this wont be rushed at all like parakiss was.

I think it's good they stick 100% to the manga. Pity they skipped vol 1 that treated their story before meeting in the train. Actually if they show that most ppl will be lost in events to come.
Old 2006-04-16, 13:15   Link #119
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is reminding me more and more of Honey & Clover. Not because the story is the same, but because they are sticking so close to the manga (except for reshuffling a bit). And this is a very good thing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 17:43   Link #120
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Has anyone fell in love with Nana's new ED done by the ever lovely Olivia?

I heard that after going on a 2 year hiatus, she springs back with this powerful song.

I love it.
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance