AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-02, 02:03   Link #2741
zaeraal

there was a "beep" before that stop of body movement.
Though if she can stop body movements, she can do maybe other related stuff like illusions, using someone else powers without their consent, disapearing from ones vision (something like dummy check from Miho), making people fall asleep/into coma (even permanent one).

Anyway, what characters can you guys see helping Mikoto in next chapter?
From : New character, Kongo and company, Touma, Shirai/Saten/Uiharu, Heaven Canceller, Banri/Erii, Sisters, Kiyama, Gunha.. (Did I missed someone?)
Old 2012-04-02, 02:15   Link #2742
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
there was a "beep" before that stop of body movement.
Though if she can stop body movements, she can do maybe other related stuff like illusions, using someone else powers without their consent, disapearing from ones vision (something like dummy check from Miho), making people fall asleep/into coma (even permanent one).

Anyway, what characters can you guys see helping Mikoto in next chapter?
From : New character, Kongo and company, Touma, Shirai/Saten/Uiharu, Heaven Canceller, Banri/Erii, Sisters, Kiyama, Gunha.. (Did I missed someone?)
Huh, must have somehow forgotten about her showing up with the body freeze >.>
(Either way, this her ability isn't just limited to what's inside the mind but can affect the physical world indirectly through other people's brains... this is hax >.> Not that this isn't unprecedented *points at Accel & Kakine* )

Helping out Mikoto, I've already suggested Xochitl (had to look the spelling up on wiki ^^; ). Heaven Canceller sits most of these cases out unless he's been approached, I think he's not going to be in this one. Touma, well that's not impossible but I think other options are more likely. Shirai and co have been mind wiped to a extent, I think they're out...

Would be hilarious if Gunha shows up and somehow wreck everything without trying or even meant to though
Old 2012-04-02, 02:34   Link #2743
leukrota

Personally I'm not surprised about the extent of Misaki's power, high level telepaths often have those skills... but it's indeed hax.
Old 2012-04-02, 03:32   Link #2744
whitecloud

which make me wonder...why aleister not sending her to garbage city instead of kihara..im sure she could easily take care everything in an instant without much bloodshed too...she practically will just waltz in and control the academy city supporter company director and every mage in her way
Old 2012-04-02, 03:46   Link #2745
leukrota

Because he has many spare Kiharas and only one Mental Out.

Also she might not be in the best disposition to comply.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:35   Link #2746
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
why aleister not sending her to garbage city instead of kihara..
One reason: Marian Slingeneyer. She can turn Misaki into a television and/or Misaki would end up killed by Dainsleif's effects.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:47   Link #2747
leukrota

Oh, a television that shows the thoughts of the people around (one per channel). And it can be ironically used with a remote.

Now that's an useful item.
Old 2012-04-02, 07:14   Link #2748
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
which make me wonder...why aleister not sending her to garbage city instead of kihara..im sure she could easily take care everything in an instant without much bloodshed too...she practically will just waltz in and control the academy city supporter company director and every mage in her way
All that is too simple thinking.

Are you sure her ability would work that way? Putting that aside, this would not be a long term solution. How long can she hold them? What if there's another hostile element out there? Are you consistently going to have her as a warden? An entire plan rests solely on one person is not a good plan.

Did you forget how the incident was resolved in the end?

Spoiler for NT4:
Old 2012-04-02, 09:48   Link #2749
desrtsku
Nympholept

Chaos has a point, it's better not to make any assumption until we know how exactly her power works ... she has awesome feats, it's undeniable, but the simple fact that she's so cautious when using it (putting the remote controller aside) proves she's isn't actually that hax.
Old 2012-04-02, 10:09   Link #2750
silvercover
Romance Expert

hey guys, its apparently possible that kuruko and the rest of mikoto's friends really do forget about her permanently.(id post the link but its in another forum)

Spoiler for just in case due to some mentions of future novels.:

discuss.
Old 2012-04-02, 10:34   Link #2751
leukrota

LOL at the forced continuity.

I don't think they will lose their memory permanently,
Spoiler for TAMNI Anime Season 1:

Last edited by leukrota; 2012-04-02 at 11:06.
Old 2012-04-02, 10:44   Link #2752
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
hey guys, its apparently possible that kuruko and the rest of mikoto's friends really do forget about her permanently.(id post the link but its in another forum)

discuss.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-02, 10:57   Link #2753
Sumeragi
Banned

Spoiler for My thoughts:
Old 2012-04-02, 11:59   Link #2754
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
One reason: Marian Slingeneyer. She can turn Misaki into a television and/or Misaki would end up killed by Dainsleif's effects.
Plus, magicians on their level always have set up protections and resistance to that (Brunhild automatically detected the artificial Valkyries trying to get into her mind) and there is always a people claring spell that kepts non magician people away.
Old 2012-04-02, 12:15   Link #2755
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
To be honest I get the feeling that Aleister isn't even trying to win against gremlin. As of now he has only sent spendable personal against them and furthermore they aren't briefed about magic in the least, they usually don't even know that the enemy has an occult power.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aleister was trying to indirectly push forward gremlin's plans, and then take over at the good part to get the bonus for himself, that sounds like an Aleister-ish move.

There is also the chance that Aleister still wants a "no intervention" policy because pulling in his hand would add more variables to the issue (this is something that Birdway mentioned in NT2, I think); and thus the ones that are trying to stop gremlin as of now are the ones that are pro-fighting from the board of directors (and- of course- those guys have no relevance at all, so they have a snowball chance in hell of stopping anybody).

About the current railgun arc, there is no chance in hell that Mikoto isn't going to save her friends, this is not only about her being a hero, but rather than having someone innocent and uninvolved getting attacked and then not getting saved would be something that's just too pitiful. Furthermore I doubt that she is able to "carry" the weight of not saving someone and keep on living cheerfully (just look at the sister's arc).
Old 2012-04-02, 12:53   Link #2756
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post

discuss.
Wait a sec,

Spoiler for yeah, just a second:
Old 2012-04-02, 19:47   Link #2757
silvercover
Romance Expert

*shrug*
I dunno. I just grabbed some theories I found plausible for a big plot twist. I havent read the novel btw.
Old 2012-04-03, 08:43   Link #2758
Shadow5YA

There is no way they don't get their memories back. Uiharu might be a discrepancy, but from the novels, Kuroko's relationship with Mikoto hasn't changed. Kuroko also gets pissed at Touma quite a few times throughout the series. If she had forgetten about Mikoto, she wouldn't be so jealous of Touma.

Also, remember that Mikoto isn't as close to Uiharu and Saten as the anime seems to imply. They don't hang out that often, and Mikoto normally goes out on her own. Kuroko is the only one who is really close to Mikoto because they are roommates.
Old 2012-04-03, 09:56   Link #2759
ellifeedn
Thinker

Maybe Kuroko falls in love with Mikoto all over again.
Old 2012-04-03, 20:17   Link #2760
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Maybe Kuroko falls in love with Mikoto all over again.
il go with this for a while. I want to see an amazing twist that has rarely been used.
there's no harm in speculating a bit.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen