AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-02, 20:13   Link #21
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The game does treat HF like the True End though, since it really does build on, well, everything before it.

I'd vastly prefer an HF movie to an UBW movie, but considering how popular UBW is I think that's what we'll be getting.
That's been argued in the Game section ad nauseum, not to mention other sites, so there's more than one take on the story at any rate. As for the film, HF is too long for anything less than an OVA series, so I doubt that's the case. UBW would fit better in that aspect.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 20:27   Link #22
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Dammint
Why can't it be a series !!!!
Old 2009-08-02, 21:30   Link #23
Lio
Presence

^ Two Fate anime seems a bit much. Because the Fate anime was a mix of all three routes, doing another series could get messy.

Quote:
I'd vastly prefer an HF movie to an UBW movie, but considering how popular UBW is I think that's what we'll be getting.
Yeah, I prefer HF. That's what did it for me. I'm afraid it's too heavy for a movie though. And besides, everyone wants UBW for some reason. Bah.

I can't wait to see it.
Lio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 23:32   Link #24
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
That's been argued in the Game section ad nauseum, not to mention other sites, so there's more than one take on the story at any rate. As for the film, HF is too long for anything less than an OVA series, so I doubt that's the case. UBW would fit better in that aspect.
I don't think it's much of an argument when Taiga herself says it in the game. You could argue which one you feel truly fits as the main story... But that's about it...

Anyways, like others are saying, HF is most likely too heavy to actually adapt into a movie. UBW is the likely choice if they do indeed stray away from the Fate route (Which they should since it is utterly retarded to reanimate the series in a movie and could turn into a RaXehponFAIL).
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 00:29   Link #25
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Anyways, like others are saying, HF is most likely too heavy to actually adapt into a movie. UBW is the likely choice if they do indeed stray away from the Fate route (Which they should since it is utterly retarded to reanimate the series in a movie and could turn into a RaXehponFAIL).
For adaptation sake I hope its UBW. As most have said HF is probably a bit too much for a good movie.

I'm sure most would care to see all the routes animated at some point. UBW can take the movie format, and then it'd be nice to have another anime (an OVA maybe) for the HF route.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 06:32   Link #26
Solafighter
Hige

Fate Stay Night movie?

Uuuuuh, cant wait.
Old 2009-08-03, 11:08   Link #27
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
It sounds like a good idea, but basing it soley on one path will dishearten some of the fans. Personally, I won't watch it if it's Heaven's Feel. My reasoning is very simple- it's not a legitimate Grail War (read Fate/Zero for a better idea of one should be like). Not only that, it deviates so far from the others, it could be considered non-canon. And most of all, it seems the least believable and plausible of the 3 scenarios.

I could go on, but I'd rather not. It'll probably end up as UBW, but I do wish they'd revive the Ilya path; which will definitely go over well in the box office.

"Wait, the main relationship in the movie is between a guy and his older sister?"
"Well, he was adopted into the family, so it's technically not incest."
"You try explaining that to everyone; see how far it gets you."
Old 2009-08-03, 11:32   Link #28
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
What? How's HF illegitimate? Because of the two lesser grails? Sure...Zouken did it that way. It really deviates from the others, but that's why it's interesting. You know that all 3 stories are actually 3 different worlds right? The happenings are similar, but many things occured differently. And if anything Fate/zero confirms the validity of HF.
Even if HF full of extreme things they're at least explained or plausible. While in UBW it's full of occurences somehow impossible with the previously set down 'rules'.
like:
Spoiler for UBW:

And even if yes, hardly can the other routes compare to the emotional content of the last route.

P.S.: Congratulations for your first post on another thread! As an extra I heard there's a wild guess the Illya route actually the route EMIYA took.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 13:11   Link #29
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
like:
Spoiler for UBW:

And even if yes, hardly can the other routes compare to the emotional content of the last route.
Fate/Stay Night in general is a preposterous concept. It is there to be enjoyed, not over analyzed.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 13:42   Link #30
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Your sarcasm is appreciated, willy. Oh, and I purchased an actual Thompson Contender; those things are god-like with accuracy and firepower.
Old 2009-08-03, 14:02   Link #31
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Thanks!(It's such a good thing being seperated by hundreads of kilometers or more...)
I know I was a little bit evil. Sorry, if I went far with it.
And I don't overanalyse things or if it is then I do it by default. It was plain obvious to me as it happened. And I was a little bit angry about it because Nasu's good at seriousness.
Back to the topic: Anything is good for me if they do it right. Watching Archer fight would be quite a spectacle so I don't mind anything. To be honest, even watching a Saber vs Gil fight again would be good if they do it in the same quality as KnK.
Old 2009-08-03, 14:10   Link #32
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Don't worry yourself, it's natural for some people to get angry. And the main reason of why I found HF to be so impractical was because simply walking Sakura home changes EVERYTHING. Since when does walking a girl home turn her into a dark evil entity? And I want mah damn Ilya path -.-

PS
The Thompson Contender uses the same rounds as a Springfield Sniper Rifle, the .30-06 rounds. In addition, the gun's maximum effective range is about 500 meters, 10 times greater than almost any other pistol (few even excel at 50 meters). It's also more accurate than an M-16 Assault Rifle at 100 yards, which is terrifyingly scary.
Old 2009-08-03, 14:40   Link #33
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Answer
Spoiler for HF and sakura:

But it's more appropiate in the game thread.

Well, who thinks it's going to be an anime-original instead of a shortened version of either route?
Old 2009-08-03, 16:21   Link #34
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Well, who thinks it's going to be an anime-original instead of a shortened version of either route?
It'll be UBW, without a doubt. It's the most popular route, unfortunately.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 20:14   Link #35
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

UBW is my favorite route, but I also like the other routes and feel they are equally deserving of an adaption.

Although I would like to see a HF adaption most of all just to see if it can be pulled off successfully.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 20:42   Link #36
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
If they're just going with all about UBW then it's good, I just don't like the combine 3-routes idea in the old series and hope that we won't see a lame dark Sakura appeared in UBW.
Beruko08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 23:21   Link #37
orangejuicetang

Quote:
It'll be UBW, without a doubt. It's the most popular route, unfortunately.
... unfortunately? That kind of hurts, as a UBW fan.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 05:12   Link #38
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
... unfortunately? That kind of hurts, as a UBW fan.
Apologies.

I just feel HF doesn't get enough love on the internet, as a route.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 07:31   Link #39
bergsdal

do any now when the movie is coming out ?
bergsdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 09:33   Link #40
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I can only imagine UBW getting the movie treatment, since even in the manga adaptation it hasn't been solely UBW but a mixture of other routes.

HF would only really work as an OVA, in my opinion, but that's just me.