AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Old 2012-01-24, 06:52   Link #541
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Also as a minor correction, blood fountains at the neck are due to the carotid arteries being severed and not the jugulars. If it were only jugulars the blood would only be leaking.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 07:04   Link #542
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Also as a minor correction, blood fountains at the neck are due to the carotid arteries being severed and not the jugulars. If it were only jugulars the blood would only be leaking.
Still as far as it goes, even though the tip behind her neck looked realistic, the amount of blood that went on the hand scene, and the pool of blood created were to big. She bleed to much for such a wound in to short time, if she stayed there for few minutes then sure it could be that way, but they just got there and she bleed like someone would decapitate her ^^ or even more.
Ohh and in the manga actually it looked like it could happen, the stairs were wider and longer, here it looks like few steps and boom shes dead.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 07:09   Link #543
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Guess you could be of help here, as we do some amateur forensic science. Should this accident case be real, how big the carotids should be sufficient enough to be damaged by an umbrella tip and cause massive terminal bleeding?

On a sidenote, I feel obliged to write a small fanfic.
Old 2012-01-24, 07:51   Link #544
warita
Dai-Youkai

When arteries are severed, especially the ones in the throat, then you will bleed out within seconds. The blood would indeed come out like a foutain and spray the surounding walls. The pool of blood that formed around her didnt look unrealistic to me at all.
The unrealistic part is, how she got impaled on the umbrella..... but even some more unlikely accidents are known to happen, so I will leave it at that.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 08:12   Link #545
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Don't make fun of umbrellas. I once had a patient at a government hospital who had hemothorax when someone stabbed him with a goddamned car key.

In any case, for something like this you'd expect a rupture of somewhere around 50% of the carotid artery's circumference. Naturally the muscles of the artery would contract to prevent blood loss, but since the the common carotids supply majority of the blood to your head and brain, severed carotids can mean death in seconds. Since you have two common carotids splitting into the external carotid and internal carotid, loss of one artery will force the contralateral side to compensate if you are able to apply pressure to the severed end to prevent death by blood loss. Circulation to the brain can be compensated by the other carotid and the two vertebral arteries via the Circle of Willis. If she dies quickly, it will likely be by blood loss rather than by loss of circulation to the brain.

People with neck vessel injuries can survive as long as the compensating circulation works and blood loss is prevented.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 08:19   Link #546
sa547
*Author

^
Excellent.

Maybe I could be wrong here, but I think six inches of umbrella tip, along with the roughly 1 1/2" diameter on the lower end, would also widen up the trauma wound and aggravate the hemorrhage.

Gonna be watching more in order to find answers surrounding Misaki and her murky previous life.
Old 2012-01-24, 08:48   Link #547
Forsaken_Infinity

Ouch. Fucking ouch. So brutal.
Old 2012-01-24, 09:00   Link #548
miketyson

Way too long speculation:

Spoiler for Mystery Speculation:

A final thought: my gut on Mei is she's just an unpopular, creepy girl from an unpopular, creepy family, whom the class naturally chose as a scapegoat/sacrifice/whatever; they didn't like her anyways, she didn't like them anyways, so she was the natural choice. Her situation seems too much like a lame fake-out for her to any kind of ghost; I think she just enjoys trolling the protagonist a bit (behaving like that, it's not her fault she's not popular).
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:07   Link #549
sa547
*Author

^
*blinks* That sounds close to someone like Carrie White.
Old 2012-01-24, 09:09   Link #550
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
A final thought: my gut on Mei is she's just an unpopular, creepy girl from an unpopular, creepy family, whom the class naturally chose as a scapegoat/sacrifice/whatever; they didn't like her anyways, she didn't like them anyways, so she was the natural choice. Her situation seems too much like a lame fake-out for her to any kind of ghost; I think she just enjoys trolling the protagonist a bit (behaving like that, it's not her fault she's not popular).
And whats your explanation on why the teachers ignore her too? I mean, kids can be mean and bully a classmate, but for teachers to participate in it to the point that the girl actually stops comming to class? I havent seen her attend many classes and from what I gather, japanese schools are much stricter than the schools in Europe or US. So..... would the teachers just not care, that she doesnt attend classes, doesnt take exams and all in all whatever she wants?

I am not saying your theory is wrong, just pointing out something that doesnt quite fit
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:10   Link #551
Chase

I assume Yukari saw mei right before she died in a pretty gruesome way. Please walk with umbrellas with pointed objects. That scene is hard for me to look at and sad for her. That scene reminded me of the few times i absolutely yelled at my nephew for running with scissors in his hands. The rest of the class is officially on death watch.lol. I think this episode is the "go" episode i was looking for.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:26   Link #552
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Way too long speculation:

I don't think that works. Why would Yukari be so terrified of Mei when she saw her and why would Mei say that Kouichi should assume that she only "appears" to him.

What if:

Spoiler for Speculation based on the wording Mei used:
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:28   Link #553
miketyson

warita: you're right it doesn't perfectly fit. I guess I'm assuming the teachers have to be in on it too, at least to some extent, but maybe just some of them. Perhaps the teachers in on it just give her all-As like the original Misaki used to get, so the teachers not in on it think there's no problem?

But this is why I think the bigger mystery is finding out how widely known this mystery actually is. At school it seems like everyone's in on it, but beyond that is a bit hazy.

Qikz: if Mei's a real person getting scapegoated I don't really know why they're doing it and why they're afraid of her, that's still a mystery for sure. I certainly think that Mei likes trolling -- dead or alive, lol -- and seems to be trolling the protagonist a bit. Maybe there's a reason she's unpopular.

Or to elaborate further: no one gives the protagonist straight answers on anything, so I'm skeptical Mei's telling the straight truth. Suppose for a sec she's a normal person being scapegoated, and the class is deadly-serious about this scapegoating. Maybe she's afraid of what the class would do to her if she gave the protagonist a simple, straightforward explanation of what's going on? So she's trolling him, and in her own way trying to get him to believe the things the rest of the class wants him to believe about her?

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-01-24 at 09:36. Reason: added response to qikz, then additional thought
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:38   Link #554
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
And whats your explanation on why the teachers ignore her too? I mean, kids can be mean and bully a classmate, but for teachers to participate in it to the point that the girl actually stops comming to class? I havent seen her attend many classes and from what I gather, japanese schools are much stricter than the schools in Europe or US. So..... would the teachers just not care, that she doesnt attend classes, doesnt take exams and all in all whatever she wants?

I am not saying your theory is wrong, just pointing out something that doesnt quite fit
Didn't it just say she was leaving exams early? And I think students refusing to go school (as well as sometimes becoming recluses) is a real problem in Japan; I understand that the schools and the police just view it as the family's responsibility, and sweep it under the carpet.

If the teachers feel some superstitious fear towards her because of the story and her name, as well, they might ignore that she's being excluded by everyone. The 'fake-ghost' theory is really interesting, and fits a bit better with the doll eye, which sounds like something a human with paranormal abilities would have rather than a ghost.

It might well be another real ghost who hexed Yukari to cause that thing with the umberella, though.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:39   Link #555
Xaturas

Theres many possibilites
-shes a ghost
-she's a zombie
-she is just a scapegoat which is chosen once a year
-she is a doll
-she is original mei
-she is a master troll
and so on.

As for the curse who knows, maybe people just forget about deaths and stuff, or they are so afraid that they just think it doesn't exist. What matters is did people die before? If yes then how many and how often? And what countermeasures were taken, we know that twintails girl is in that squad against the curse or w/e it is. She also pointed at 1 ep asking protagonist that she's sure he was in this town before. Who knows he could forget it or she is some voodoo chick who just does propaganda and actually is the killer.
Many things many things, I just wonder how many people will die at the end, and does it only restrict to kids. Meganeko run out quite fast, either someone from her family got sick or killed, its not like you run like that cause you left your water on gas.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 09:51   Link #556
Qikz

What if the curse is that those families must always go through the same events over and over again for an eternity with exactly the same roles? It seems from what's been said already that Kouichi's mother was one of the first to point out that this Misaki character existed and that's exactly what Kouichi is doing.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 10:04   Link #557
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Seems things are finally heating up, with the revelation to Sakakibara and the death of a classmate and friend. Just hoping that this will not be like several horror movies in that one by on the classmates 'take turns' to die, probably not, I guess.

However, the idea that she is just a scapegoat is interesting, at least it won't be the same old 'ghost' plot.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 10:13   Link #558
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I don't think that works. Why would Yukari be so terrified of Mei when she saw her
I think people are jumping to conclusions about that

She already was agitated and in a hurry before she saw Mei,it's not seeing Mei that made her panic,it's what that teacher told her before she left the classroom.

As you pointed out:

Quote:
if you notice, whenever Kouichi looks in the general direction of where Mei is supposed to be they all try and avert their eyes even if she's not actually there.
People seem to want to avoid Mei,and so when she saw her she ran in another direction.That's it,she already was agitated beforehand.

What I'm curious about is what did that teacher have to tell her that was so important that:
- he had to rush to class during an exam to tell her.
- she left class in a hurry right after she heard it

I mean what could be so important that you'd be willing to miss an exam?

Image something like this:

The teacher tells her a family member is in the hospital after having a serious accident,that makes her freak out and rush towards the hospital.After getting her umbrella she sees Mei,that's already not a nice sight to her in normal circonstances but here it's worse because she's freaking out,so she then rushes towards the other direction.
Old 2012-01-24, 11:45   Link #559
sa547
*Author

Dunno if this tweaked screenshot will fly with you guys, but done this while listening to Metallica:

Sayonara, Yukari.
Old 2012-01-24, 12:37   Link #560
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

The last 30 secs was awesome. The curse strikes again.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, seinen