AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 42 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 13.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.90%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.95%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-04, 08:02   Link #181
Soji

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Maybe...we don't sure for now. But there is something that I wonder now....if Shu void take everything weaknesses and strength ecc. Don't this mean if he draw out/take out Inori void he will aslo take Mana into himself?
Old 2012-03-04, 08:14   Link #182
Trudinh

we dont really know, cause gai, i think it was him, say shu void take people strength and weaknesses. so there still alot of mystery behind shu void i guess.
Old 2012-03-04, 11:54   Link #183
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Maybe...we don't sure for now. But there is something that I wonder now....if Shu void take everything weaknesses and strength ecc. Don't this mean if he draw out/take out Inori void he will aslo take Mana into himself?
If Shu takes out Inori's void he may cure himself, since she is the only person capable of reversing the effects of the virus.
Old 2012-03-04, 17:30   Link #184
justsomeguy

Episode 19:
* Haruka finally decided to make a run for it. Better late than never, I guess.
* The Daath had no idea the third Void Genome was hidden in their base?!
* What's up with Segai's lame hat? I don't think that was ever explained. It's not like he ever wore it before or after.
* RIP Segai. Maybe we can finally develop the other villains too.
* Shu's Void seems a bit too convenient, like it was introduced solely for the purposes of wrapping up the plot.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-03-04, 17:56   Link #185
Soji

dark998@ I don't think about this...that's may be the case. If Inori can do that I suppose that her void can as well.
Old 2012-03-04, 20:20   Link #186
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That was really good. I didn't think the hand would be his Void, good thinking there. Nothing was too forced except Haruka's escape... that was a bit iffy.

Monomyth comparison to come.
Old 2012-03-04, 20:58   Link #187
Godspeed

@justsomeguy
About what you said about Shu's void: a void is supposed to be the manifestation of a person's heart, right? Shu's always going on about carrying the sin of the power the genome gives him, so that was probably in his heart when he pulled out his own void. so yeah, its convenient for wrapping up the plot, but it makes sense, i guess.

Anyways, I'm really happy Shu isn't as pathetic anymore. I love this show, but Shu was really starting to bug me. My only concern is that the plot really does scream "code geass"...now even more so since Shu is most likely going to die after bearing everyone's burdens for them :/
Old 2012-03-04, 21:12   Link #188
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Episode 19:
* Haruka finally decided to make a run for it. Better late than never, I guess.
She was waiting for an opening to take out Mana. If Mana doesn't return as a major threat, then this will seem a bit pointless, yeah. But if Mana does return as a major threat, then I have no issue with Haruka trying to take out Mana before making a run for it.

Quote:
* What's up with Segai's lame hat? I don't think that was ever explained. It's not like he ever wore it before or after.
GC in general likes lame comic book-style disguises. Gai tried one in Episode 4, and Segai had a different one several episodes back.

Quote:
* Shu's Void seems a bit too convenient, like it was introduced solely for the purposes of wrapping up the plot.
Shu's Void is convenient, but it fits with his established characterization and role in the story.

One of the more common criticisms I read for Guilty Crown is that the voids are way too convenient. While it is true that they are convenient, I honestly don't think GC's writers get enough credit for being pretty consistent with their "A character's void reflects the true form of their heart".

Hare's healing strands reflects both her genuinely caring/considerate personality as well as her "Gentle/Generous King" perception of Shu which made her fall for him.

Inori's big, freaking sword reflects the fact that Inori views herself as a monstrous weapon, as we've recently learned.

Arisa's defensive shells reflects her deep insecurities and how she puts up a "defensive shell" in the form of fake confidence to deal with it.

Ayase's super-duper leg attachments reflects her deep desire to walk and be effective in mobile combat.

Yahiro's void is a sharp, precise, nasty-looking weapon, IIRC, and that reflects his ruthless precision and willingness to get things done quick and dirty, imo.

Souta's void being a magical opener might be based on the idea that he's good at getting people to "open up".

And like him or hate him, but Shu has clearly embraced his "main character" role throughout the second half of the anime, displaying a willingness to take "all the strengths and weaknesses of those around him" unto himself, in accordance with his Void.

I honestly find all of this nicely poetic. One area where GC probably deserves more credit than what it gets.
Old 2012-03-04, 22:04   Link #189
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadows_Esper View Post
Shu will definitely die at the end, the openning was foreshadowing it before. Now its 100%.
Ehh... I don't know about that. I think Inori will be gone at the end and Shu will live a bittersweet life with everyone. Maybe with Mana?

And monomyth, I'm not too sure where we are. We obviously aren't following it closely but I suppose this would be Shu's return.
Old 2012-03-05, 01:38   Link #190
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Shu's Void is convenient, but it fits with his established characterization and role in the story.

One of the more common criticisms I read for Guilty Crown is that the voids are way too convenient. While it is true that they are convenient, I honestly don't think GC's writers get enough credit for being pretty consistent with their "A character's void reflects the true form of their heart".
Spoiler for to save space:
I honestly find all of this nicely poetic. One area where GC probably deserves more credit than what it gets.
Yes, I never let the supposedly convenient nature/timing of people's voids overshadow the fact that each one embodied the hearts of their hosts so accurately. It's one of my favorite aspects of Guilty Crown, and one that I believe is done quite well. (And I say supposedly convenient because Gai knew what kinds of people would have what voids by analyzing their personalities and that's what led Shu to them. I think it would only truly be "convenient" if Shu was all on his own and just happened to get the right voids from people by accident.)

Sometimes I wish I could meet the writers personally so they could design my very own void, because that's just so damned interesting to me and I'm very sure that it would be really spot on.
Old 2012-03-05, 06:05   Link #191
Sixth
Hu Tao

Speaking of void weapon, I think Yahiro's scissor design is pretty cool. Probably the coolest void weapon so far.
Old 2012-03-05, 06:23   Link #192
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yahiro's void is a sharp, precise, nasty-looking weapon, IIRC, and that reflects his ruthless precision and willingness to get things done quick and dirty, imo.
I think it was explained in earlier episodes that his Void is a pair of shears because deep down he thinks his brother Jun slows him down and ruins his life.

By the way,I wonder how Gai knows about Shu's void. Yes,he has the ability to see others' Voids but Shu had two huge changes in his personality and according to the Void mechanics we are presented,that should have changed his Void. Gai didn't see Shu after Shu decided to bear all the sins or something like that so how can he know what his Void does?
Old 2012-03-05, 06:28   Link #193
Soji

DarkyPwnz@ I can be wrong here...but I think is because the whole light. If you think about it the whole void light come out from Shu own hearts when the light come out shu had the whole hole in the chest like the other. So i think is that's the reason why Gai know about shu void.
Old 2012-03-05, 13:19   Link #194
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

So Shu does not need to look into other's eyes for drawing voids with the new genome

I mean he draws his own void and I don't recall a mirror in front of him

If eye contact is require for the old genome, what would happen if the target is blind?
Old 2012-03-05, 14:23   Link #195
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
Ayase is wheel chair bound.. Shu absorb this weakness too?
damn... plot hole!

Wait... he has the power of her rocket boots.

Ayase may be able to walk again with sufficient physical therapy. Shu can walk because he absorbed Ayase's void which would allow him to walk since that's the whole point to her void... much like his void gives him a new hand.

Shu's void may work a bit like that of John Coffey from the Green Mile. He may absorb burdens only temporarily but may cures whoever he touches permanently.
Old 2012-03-05, 15:35   Link #196
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
damn... plot hole!

Wait... he has the power of her rocket boots.
More like, why couldn't Hare heal her? Better off tossing that one to the wind.
Old 2012-03-05, 16:00   Link #197
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im pretty surprised at how many people think Shu will die in the end given the Genre of Guilty Gear.
Old 2012-03-05, 16:41   Link #198
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im pretty surprised at how many people think Shu will die in the end given the Genre of Guilty Gear.
They are letting precedent from other series influence them. No, we will not talk about what series since just mentioning their names will ruin everything. The fact remains, killing the hero always marks a good series. I can't think of any where when the hero died at the end that it was bad.

With Guilty Crown, it can fit into the flow of things. But I since Shu hasn't been the type of hero to sacrifice everything, I don't think he'll die for everyone at the end. Yes, I am aware of his Void but that doesn't mean he will die for everyone. However, given anything can happen now, it's all up to the staff of the show and how much of a "WTF" or a "WOW" they want to make.
Old 2012-03-05, 17:26   Link #199
Trudinh

Most of the time, the main character dont die, the main character lover is the one that die. well that is what mostly happen in story.
Old 2012-03-05, 17:33   Link #200
Soji

DragoZERO@ Pretty much this. But like I say i will dissapoint if they take the route Shu=die in the end.
Trudinh@ Honestly I can see this happening...Inori give her life to save shu.Hell the anime staff seem to like to make shu lost everything he like. Hare,Mana(well ok she still...alive more or less but she is yandere XD).so I will no suprise if they kill Inori.
Closed Thread