AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-16, 10:16   Link #861
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
As an example of LN adaptation done well, look no further than Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid, which took one light novel, End of Day by Day, and expanded it into 13 eps while being true to thr source. The awesome OST didn't hurt.

I'm really hoping for something like TSR... We'll know, in anither 6days' time, how RNR will end...
Correction, Goose.

End of Day by Day was 2 volumes long.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 08:38   Link #862
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Correction, Goose.

End of Day by Day was 2 volumes long.
Really? Coulda sworn it was one volume...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 10:39   Link #863
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
End of Day by Days Part 1 & Part 2.

They were 2 volumes long.

Even the most faithful adaption of a regularly written normal length light novel, would at most... take 6-7 episodes. Most can actually do 'reasonably okay' with 4 episodes, even.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 08:49   Link #864
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
It was two volumes yeah but the official english translation released both together (and it was the last translated novel before TokyoPOP bit the dust). I got that one on release but I'm still looking for the third one I missed and couldn't for the life of me find anywhere (and the fan translation was taken down years ago)
Old 2012-07-19, 13:42   Link #865
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

all this discussion about SAO made me want to play the Hack games again.
Old 2012-07-20, 04:56   Link #866
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Discussion about SAO would've made me thought about playing some MMOs, though. Or does the Hack series has a MMO that I don't know about?
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 05:07   Link #867
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
It made me play the international server of Ragnarok Online's reboot of the Classic game release lol. A month behind but eh.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 13:51   Link #868
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anigu View Post
Discussion about SAO would've made me thought about playing some MMOs, though. Or does the Hack series has a MMO that I don't know about?
it had one but was shut down in 2007.
Old 2012-07-21, 04:36   Link #869
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

just want to say.... I'm glad the anime is following a proper timeline....
I'm little confused with LN or manga's timeline....

and just glad that the first and second episode are awesome.... ^^
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 05:21   Link #870
Awrya
U mad?

It's just the way it works, author sets a 'proper' timeline with Vol. 1&2, then people demand more material, resulting in side stories that take place all over the place

Let's just be satisfied that the anime was produced after all those side stories came out.
Old 2012-07-22, 07:35   Link #871
Berserkguard

Quote:
All this discussion about SAO makes me want to play Diablo III on Hardcore mode... for those of you who aren't familiar, you only get one life in Hardcore mode... if you die then you can't play that character ever again

Also, I really don't want to wait 6 days for episode 4... this is gonna be a long week
Old 2012-07-22, 10:17   Link #872
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkguard View Post
All this discussion about SAO makes me want to play Diablo III on Hardcore mode... for those of you who aren't familiar, you only get one life in Hardcore mode... if you die then you can't play that character ever again

Also, I really don't want to wait 6 days for episode 4... this is gonna be a long week
DayZ the Arma 2 mod is another one-life scenario. You only get the black part of humanity with this one because the only objective around is surviving. Everyone's out to get each other. Why?

Supplies are limited (you actually have to eat/drink). Zombies are abound. Everyone has guns. And you've only got one chance at life (per character).
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 23:10   Link #873
FateAnomaly

Just started this on recommendation of my friend. I think the moral of the story is
1) Don't play a crappy game with only 10k players and melee attacks.
2) Adults are useless as usual. Such a long time and they still can't crack the game, learn to safely remove the device (really it shouldn't be hard) or find the game server.
3) Anyone who is such a newbie at playing games that they can't even read the UI really shouldn't start with such a complex game.
4) If you have to play (extreme) hardcore mode,do play smart and take calculated risk. If your life depends on it, it is safer to grind at easy mobs even if it is boring.
5) It really pays off to have an ISP that doesn't DC.

The circumstances surronding this show is really bewildering. I suspect the whole thing is an elaborate hoax. No one is really dead and the players are just experiencing the whole thing in fast time and only a few hours have past in the real world. Or it is a government conspiracy and the players are unwitting experiment subjects.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 23:16   Link #874
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Just started this on recommendation of my friend. I think the moral of the story is
1) Don't play a crappy game with only 10k players and melee attacks.
2) Adults are useless as usual. Such a long time and they still can't crack the game, learn to safely remove the device (really it shouldn't be hard) or find the game server.
3) Anyone who is such a newbie at playing games that they can't even read the UI really shouldn't start with such a complex game.
4) If you have to play (extreme) hardcore mode,do play smart and take calculated risk. If your life depends on it, it is safer to grind at easy mobs even if it is boring.
5) It really pays off to have an ISP that doesn't DC.

The circumstances surronding this show is really bewildering. I suspect the whole thing is an elaborate hoax. No one is really dead and the players are just experiencing the whole thing in fast time and only a few hours have past in the real world. Or it is a government conspiracy and the players are unwitting experiment subjects.
1. I dunno about you, but the day they put out a VRMMO like that, I'm going in on day one, magic or not.

....though I might check for stuff about microwave emitters....

2. These points have been debated ad nauseum, suffice to say that it's part of the story setting that there is nothing the outsiders can do and leave it at that.

3. It was a impulsive spur-of-the-moment thing for her.

4. That's what many did.

5. hell yes
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 03:10   Link #875
WooChan

I'm confused, a real body should die without real food for month but in the anime it seems that they're not troubled with it.
Old 2012-07-24, 04:07   Link #876
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooChan View Post
I'm confused, a real body should die without real food for month but in the anime it seems that they're not troubled with it.
It should be plainly obvious that their bodies are being cared for IRL... Kayaba showed plenty of newsfeeds in ep.1 about how he already notified world about what he had done. It's a no brainer that SAO players are identified and taken care of afterwards.
Old 2012-07-24, 04:23   Link #877
WooChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
It should be plainly obvious that their bodies are being cared for IRL... Kayaba showed plenty of newsfeeds in ep.1 about how he already notified world about what he had done. It's a no brainer that SAO players are identified and taken care of afterwards.
I find it lame... It's hard to imagine to see their bodies with dextrose and they pee with catheters, it's something that is not anime-ish... It's more fitting if a month of playtime in game equates to a minute in the real world... but well, it's possible on what you're thinking of
Old 2012-07-24, 04:34   Link #878
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooChan View Post
I find it lame... It's hard to imagine to see their bodies with dextrose and they pee with catheters, it's something that is not anime-ish... It's more fitting if a month of playtime in game equates to a minute in the real world... but well, it's possible on what you're thinking of
in case you haven't noticed, they haven't exactly had any screen times dedicated to showing the player's bodies in the real world.... not the least of which is because it'd be pretty damned boring to watch them lay there and... well, do nothing.
Old 2012-07-24, 12:54   Link #879
supermegasonic

its either that their bodies are taken care of, and one min. IRL = one min. in game
or
one min IRL = min./hours/days in game
Old 2012-07-24, 13:40   Link #880
Awrya
U mad?

The time in game world should follow the time in the real world.
Kirito mentioned he spent 1 month in beta phase exploring Aincrad and the beta lasted one month.

Tags
action, romance, shounen