AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-30, 12:08   Link #1321
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Damn.. the movie looked glorious...
They should walk at this road from the start. Movie trilogy would've been make this series got better responses.
Here's an interesting tid-bit:

The movie and the TV series were conceived at the same time, and Production IG had two different teams working on both projects from the start. The staff for the TV series and the movie are completely different, and the TV director commented before it aired that he wasn't part of the movie staff.

CLAMP planned the entire story from the beginning, and the movie is the "main event" set in Tokyo, while the TV series was designed as the "prequel" to set up the events of the movie. They were deliberately meant to be contrasting, with different tones, different characters, and a different visual look.

It's kinda unfortunate that it turns out that most people did not like the TV series, and the sales have been absolutely dreadful. This will definitely hurt the potential reception to the movie. The staff for the movie have not been revealed yet, but there are various hints which indicate that there's a good chance Naoyoshi Shiotani could be the director of the Blood-C movie. It'll be an interesting choice, considering his extremely artistic work on the third Blood+ OP.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 17:07   Link #1322
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks a lot for the info, duckroll. I'm among those who disliked the TV series, so hearing that the movie will be pretty much completely different fills me with hope.

It'd be terrific if Shiotani were the director. Loved, loved Blood+'s third OP.
Old 2011-11-30, 18:15   Link #1323
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Thanks a lot for the info, duckroll. I'm among those who disliked the TV series, so hearing that the movie will be pretty much completely different fills me with hope.

OP.
The revelations and twist in the later parts spoiled it as a whole.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 08:43   Link #1324
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I liked the TV series quite a bit, but I definitely see the criticisms for it. It has a very specific purpose in the direction, and it requires a certain taste and a strong amount of patience to actually enjoy it. Hopefully the movie is something everyone can enjoy though. It'll be sad if CLAMP completes fails to find any audience with this entire project.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:45   Link #1325
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://blood-c-movie.jp/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l3-aVf5CEE

The director is indeed Naoyoshi Shiotani.
Old 2011-12-02, 23:14   Link #1326
HasuMasu
*Artist

Not having the train scene would be a crime.
Old 2012-01-24, 23:34   Link #1327
sa547
*Author

Some uncensored scenes now being discussed there:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-6809.html#more (NSFW/gore)

Goddamn, I need a very stiff drink. Good thing I haven't ate lunch while looking at the screenshots.
Old 2012-01-24, 23:37   Link #1328
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Some uncensored scenes now being discussed there:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-6809.html#more (NSFW/gore)

Goddamn, I need a very stiff drink. Good thing I haven't ate lunch while looking at the screenshots.
whoa now that some extreme gore on it really make me still who would be crazy enough to license dub this series?

besides i'm all wonder how it be dub?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 05:10   Link #1329
HasuMasu
*Artist

That's quite a bit less than I was expecting.
Old 2012-12-14, 12:08   Link #1330
APNki

The english dub of the first two episodes are now up on Funimation's official Youtube channel for free.

Last edited by APNki; 2012-12-14 at 13:33.
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 17:52   Link #1331
XeroFyction

Spoiler for Uncensored video of some scenes:

*throws up*

I'm not rewatching this in english. Nope, can't do it (c) Mike Singletary
XeroFyction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 05:54   Link #1332
T-6000

I hope I don't get into trouble for Necro-Posting here (I read the forum rules and I don't think I saw anything about it being frowned upon here. If it is and I missed it, I apologize and won't do it again) but I have to give my 2 cents on the series.

I have heard other people's impressions on the Anime overall, and I just got one watching the series. Ok ok, most of the series. The series did get a bit dull and slow at the first half, but the second half it picked up alot more. And.....so did the violence. I mean....jesus H! Abd this is from someone that plays the F.E.A.R. series, Unreal Tournament 3, and Bulletstorm (these games are very violent, as far as FPS games go). So far, I like this series. It's flawed, but good. I think the biggest flaw is that the side characters aren't developed as much as I would have liked, but I think it's because Seya was the main focus. But still, a Main character is stronger if she has a strong cast. And most of the cast were a little....weak. But the overall story (and the twist) I found to be very intriguing and it kept me interested in the end.

So overall I enjoyed it. A good number of people have said that the Anime is dull or even one of the worse, but I liked it for what it was (if you *really* want to see a bad anime, you should see the Rosario + Vampire Anime. Now there is the epitome of awful). It told a solid story without having to rely on fanservice, a Tsundre character (yeah, I'm one of the few "loonies" that hate Tsundres *ALOT*), or an over-cliche Harem story (Harems are starting to get overused and repetitive IMHO). I can see why people don't like this series, but from what I can tell Blood C is a hit or miss. Either you like it or hate it. I tend to like Anime and Manga that alot of people dislike (such as the Big O series and Tsubasa Chronicles). People have said that Blood + is better, so I plan on seeing this series once I finish watching the last 2 episodes and watching the movie (if I can find it).
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 22:01   Link #1333
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I really enjoyed the last few episodes of the tv series for its cheese factor.

So, I had some expectations for the movie.

I guess what was said earlier about the crew that did the tv series and the movie being completely different was true.

On the plus side:

* Gorgeous. I generally hate Clamp-style art, but somehow this crew managed to do it without it looking completely stupid. It looked fantastic.

* The glasses never came back. Thank gawd. She looks far better without them.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

On the down side:

* Boring. Completely lacking the cheese factor entertainment of the last few episodes from the tv series. It was a slow moving drama, which I just didn't find all that interesting.

* I'm trying to decide if I just don't get what in the world Fumito was actually trying to accomplish, or if I do, and am rejecting it because it was just so stupid (not in the good, cheesy, lol last two episodes of the tv series way, but in the bad way).
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 22:07   Link #1334
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post

I guess what was said earlier about the crew that did the tv series and the movie being completely different was true.

On the plus side:

* Gorgeous. I generally hate Clamp-style art, but somehow this crew managed to do it without it looking completely stupid. It looked fantastic.

Images

On the down side:

* Boring. Completely lacking the cheese factor entertainment of the last few episodes from the tv series. It was a slow moving drama, which I just didn't find all that interesting.

* I'm trying to decide if I just don't get what in the world Fumito was actually trying to accomplish, or if I do, and am rejecting it because it was just so stupid (not in the good, cheesy, lol last two episodes of the tv series way, but in the bad way).
Currently watching it subbed as I type, but I definitely agree on the visual aspect as I immediately thought Saya jumped up quite a lot on the hotness-scale, lol. (She was much more on the cutesy side in the anime series outside of the fighting, where it was high on the sexy-scale, lol.)

And the city and how smoothly everything seems to move around is great to look at.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 16:40   Link #1335
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post

On the plus side:

Images

On the down side:

Agreed. It all seemed rather nonsensical. (Fumito's plot, I mean).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 09:42   Link #1336
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Before i start this, do I have to get myself BD/DVD for uncensored or the TV version is uncensored as well?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 11:19   Link #1337
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Before i start this, do I have to get myself BD/DVD for uncensored or the TV version is uncensored as well?
The TV version is censored. Very much so.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 11:31   Link #1338
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The TV version is censored. Very much so.
I'm at episode 5 now, and haven't noticed that much censoring, tbh...

Old 2013-07-19, 11:38   Link #1339
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
I'm at episode 5 now, and haven't noticed that much censoring, tbh...
There isn't at first. There will be later. Unless you're watching the BD/DVD version without realizing it.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 11:44   Link #1340
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
There isn't at first. There will be later. Unless you're watching the BD/DVD version without realizing it.
No, I have TV for sure. These are leftovers I have from 2 years ago when I was in full anime frenzy.
Whatever, gonna finish the last 2 episodes I have available (6-7) then drop it. Seems very boring anyway.

Thanks.

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.