AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-24, 06:24   Link #41841
Eratas123

Then make something to make him more visually distinct from Charlotte. Maybe something with the eyes?

The kids do end up in conflict with some others, but they're only tangentially connected. Example: In DARK future, Saito (Kanzashi's kid) ends up in conflict with Charlotte and Chloe; killing them both. Likewise, Yuu/ki(Houki's daughter) attempts to fight Chloe, loses, and pulls a Faceheel turn when convinced she was on the losing side. Kazuma also fights - and loses - against Squall; though he did manage to kill Autumn.
Old 2013-04-24, 06:28   Link #41842
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, the eyes and chin. Noted.

The plot thickens. Seems like it's a good arc for dystopian story.
Old 2013-04-24, 06:34   Link #41843
Eratas123

Or you could, you know, buck the trend and actually make him have a body more than "Extremely thin"?

Chances are it won't happen though. If the events of FI come to pass, the DARK future story never happens because things never go that bad. Ironically, evil vs evil happens the most: Evil! Laura vs Squall, for example. And Madoka vs Tabane.
Old 2013-04-24, 06:37   Link #41844
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nah, can't make him too different, I try not to pull typical anime gender bender plot.

In Sacred Twins, it's not until V5 that he actually look, well, male. Up until then, he can pass for a girl easily, the only thing that made him different is the presence of male organ, and lack of curves. And for that, means you have to see him naked like Ichika did. (Hoo yay)

Evil vs Evil is quite fascinating for the sake of ham, at least I think so.
Old 2013-04-24, 07:01   Link #41845
Eratas123

Why, what happens in V5 to make him more male?

I also like Evil vs Evil. In a fight, most people pick the de-facto good guy and hope he wins. In an evil vs evil fight, you really don't know who to side with.

Here's a bit of more serious question: Does a character's age make their actions more evil/good in your eyes? Like Kazuma and Usagi's fight - if you could even call it that. A brutal fight like that is the norm nowadays, but they both have the gross muscularate of an 8 year old boy and a 10 year old girl respectively.
Old 2013-04-24, 07:56   Link #41846
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

How broken would Chifuyu be if she had a mirror of Raiden's past? Not combat ability broken, she's got that covered on all fronts, but personality-wise? One would think that this would push her relationship with Ichika to an obsession with keeping him safe since he has all her traits of becoming an incredible warrior. Also, that one gene that allows the Jensen Bros. to accept cybernetic/nano implants and parts without going into withdrawal or rejection could be a factor as well... making either of them highly valued guinea pigs for the research.

Tabane could be a prolific researcher in the tech and initially, she really didn't care about experimenting on people, but when they took Chifuyu and did a such a 'shoddy job' on her that it left her in copious amounts of pain and trauma, she changed, at least as far as her favorite people are concerned.

Hnnn...the wheels of fate are turning...
Old 2013-04-24, 08:24   Link #41847
Eratas123

Uh, the Templars are the fanatics:/ And Chifuyu's personality is already cynical and dour; she'd probably just enjoy killing if she had Raiden's past.
Old 2013-04-24, 09:31   Link #41848
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Can IS handle a 144mm cannon as weapon?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 09:49   Link #41849
Eratas123

Considering they can keep their squishy pilot from dying at the speed of sound, I'd say yes.
Old 2013-04-24, 09:51   Link #41850
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm gonna make it Yamada's beloved "sniper rifle"
Old 2013-04-24, 10:08   Link #41851
Eratas123

Sure, but you might want to give her a more advanced IS

Side note - The main character in my fanfic Dark of Zero is a pretty big butt monkey: He falls down a cliff; impales himself with one of his arrows; falls down the cliff again; has to fight right after that; and just as he's about to make it back to safety, one of his allies assumes he's a hostile and shoots him with a musket that grazes the side of his head. Being undead helps a lot

Cookie for anyone who gets the reference.
Old 2013-04-24, 11:50   Link #41852
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*Scratches head* I'll be damned if I do.

Well I was just going to give Yamada a modified Rafael. It will feature guns... Lots and lots of guns. volume 8 just confirmed that my pprevious visions of it were legit XD
Old 2013-04-24, 12:23   Link #41853
Eratas123

From "The Walking Dead" The character Daryl falls down a cliff; impales himself with a crossbow bolt; falls down the cliff again; gets attacked by zombies and has to use the impaled arrow as a weapon; finally manages to climb back to the camp......and then the girl keeping watch mistakes him for a zombie and shoots him in the face. Luckily it just grazed the side of his forehead.

Actually, they looked more liked Hulk arms and bazookas rather than guns:/
Old 2013-04-24, 20:26   Link #41854
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

144mm is Izuru-level silly, at least it won't be out of current canon, but the unit will be constricted to very-very large size, not to mention keeping with ammo supply is a bitch.

We're talking about THIS big

In fact, I think the current incarnation of Rafael Module is TOO small.
Old 2013-04-24, 20:32   Link #41855
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would it make sense if the british have more advanced lasers, but the russians have more advanced bit tech?
Old 2013-04-24, 20:47   Link #41856
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@demino

It "could" make some sense being backwards...
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 20:49   Link #41857
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: well it is a specialty rifle

@strigon: thanks for the vote of confidence.
Old 2013-04-24, 20:54   Link #41858
DarkJak2050

Bigger isn't always better.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 20:58   Link #41859
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If I had to say, Russian like things simple. Their engineering is odd in that they can make something VERY durable while also making something very fragile, compare Ak-47 and their jet fighter. Point of fact, they like make something simple, whether it's efficient or not.

As for the rifle, once again I have little to say, other than it (somehow) fits the current canon lore.

Also, what Jak said I'll paraphrase better: 5.56mm M4/M16 is more powerful than 12.7mm dessert eagle.
Old 2013-04-24, 21:02   Link #41860
demino_hellsin
That one guy

144mm caliber is based on something.

The gun has even more power than Laura's railgun if not equal.

In a way. I supose the design in my head is simple... I'll try to complete it and post the product.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest