AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-19, 20:19   Link #1441
usspaul

Images
kurmi
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
here some nice drawings i found

Images
yoshino

Images
kotori

Images
random
hope you all like the images i hope a season 2 comes soon cause i really like this show
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 21:02   Link #1442
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by usspaul View Post

Images
yoshino
dem yoshino ones x3
Old 2013-06-20, 02:02   Link #1443
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
dem yoshino ones x3
that 1st yosino pic,need wall paper size!!
Old 2013-06-21, 01:23   Link #1444
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Date A Live. First Show to End the Spring 2013 Season

Three months ago I picked-up DATE A LIVE without expecting to which direction the story would head. At that time, I read the synopsis, and I only did know that it featured the quintessential harem guy that eventually gets thrown into unusual situations in order to meet non-human girls and charm them with his naivety and sincerity.
I thought that non-Human, loli girls trying to destroy the planet featured in a harem show like this one were worth the try for me.

Now, at the beginning of this show, I was put off with the incessant references to love and date simulation games, which are very common for otaku in Japan as a matter of fact; the first two episodes simply tasted too boring for me.
However, things suddenly took a 180 degrees turnaround at the third episode when Origami shot Shido accidentally during the crossfire which made Tohka go into Spirit Rampage mode.

The soundtrack and aria themes for this show are to praised, particularly Tohka and Kotori Spirit themes.

From the third episode and onwards the plot got into a good pace and revealing richness between Shido's relationship with Kotori, 'cause I think that was the one relationship which got properly fleshed out during the course of the series.

Yoshino is limited just to be your archetypal, shy loli.

Tohka lost her importance at the spotlight when Mana arrived in the seventh episode, bringing mysteries and questions as to the dilemma of Shido's past with Kotori. Add in Kurumi into the mix and mayhem of her own arc, and Tohka got reduced as a stock character for the second half of the show. That is until she got comissioned again to save the day for Shido during the climax of the last episode, though severely limited with her powers.

Origami, to be honest, had her potential as a character wasted for most of the show. Sure her advances on Shido were quite bold and an eye-opener to me, but she never got to evolve from the lonely, wolf-type consumed by revenge, logical, military girl.

If you ask me the cream of the pie for this anime is Kotori, the quintessential tsundere girl maaking her best to excel in one thing: to reciprocate Shido's feelings more than just being siblings.

The last episode, unfortunately, featured a sort anti-climatic resolution. The season ended much like it was regular episode's transmission, though there are still several loose knots to tie out there:
- Kurumi's still at large.
- The mystery that Mana holds whether can be proved or not that Shido and she are biological siblings, and if yes, then what caused to be separated from one another?
- The mystery as to why and how come Efreet turned Kotori unwillingly into a Spirit, or what she and Shido were able to sucessfully recalled about the fire from five years ago?
- DEM (Deus Ex-Machina Industries). The company that sponsors the AST with Anti-Spirit technology. Do they have some sort of secret agenda?

I can only hope for a second season that would focus on answering all those enigmas listed above, thus bringing the whole story into a proper sense of conclusion.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 03:06   Link #1445
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
The last episode, unfortunately, featured a sort anti-climatic resolution. The season ended much like it was regular episode's transmission,
Unfortunately this couldn't really be helped, not without thoroughly modifying the base material since the point the series left on is the end of volume four, which, in fact and obviously, is just the end of another "episode" in the series as well. Though I thought this was perfectly fine for a season ender.
Old 2013-06-21, 05:50   Link #1446
Shinon

http://seventhstyle.com/2013/06/21/d...dere-included/

something new for you guys
Old 2013-06-21, 06:33   Link #1447
Yoxall
Finest Crusade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinon View Post
Nice find. My favourite of the three is obviously Kurumi's. Her's is just too sexy to ignore. And that face kinda reminds me of Yuno's "Yuki face" lolz. Now I wish she appeared in ep 11 with her swimsuit.

Spoiler for NSFW:
Old 2013-06-21, 07:20   Link #1448
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
I thought that non-Human, loli girls trying to destroy the planet featured in a harem show like this one were worth the try for me.
Actually, only 2 of the girls can count as loli. And neither of the two is trying to destroy the world.

Quote:
The last episode, unfortunately, featured a sort anti-climatic resolution. The season ended much like it was regular episode's transmission, though there are still several loose knots to tie out there:
- Kurumi's still at large.
- The mystery that Mana holds whether can be proved or not that Shido and she are biological siblings, and if yes, then what caused to be separated from one another?
- The mystery as to why and how come Efreet turned Kotori unwillingly into a Spirit, or what she and Shido were able to sucessfully recalled about the fire from five years ago?
- DEM (Deus Ex-Machina Industries). The company that sponsors the AST with Anti-Spirit technology. Do they have some sort of secret agenda?

I can only hope for a second season that would focus on answering all those enigmas listed above, thus bringing the whole story into a proper sense of conclusion.
The way this season ended, one can only expect that season 2 is already underway. Loose ends + "to be continued" is screaming season 2 at us.

And btw I don't think the anime will end at season 2 either. :9
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 10:26   Link #1449
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Actually, only 2 of the girls can count as loli. And neither of the two is trying to destroy the world.

The way this season ended, one can only expect that season 2 is already underway. Loose ends + "to be continued" is screaming season 2 at us.

And btw I don't think the anime will end at season 2 either. :9
I don't think so either. You could say...

Spoiler:
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 12:09   Link #1451
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
2nd season confirmed, apparently, pending info

EDIT:

Spoiler for 2nd season:

EDIT 2:

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so freaking hyped about the second season, I can't wait to see more glorious Spirits in action! Dat Dark Tohka. Dat Badass Shido. Also need more of it, and this is the show I highly enjoyed this spring together with Valvrave!
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 12:16   Link #1452
cloud04
Scanlator

oh hell yea!!!
Old 2013-06-21, 12:23   Link #1453
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

2nd season? YES!!!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 12:25   Link #1454
Mystic_Vegetto

Best news all day. Can't wait for Season 2. Hopefully it'll be later this year or for Winter Season.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 12:31   Link #1455
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
2nd season confirmed, apparently, pending info

EDIT:

Spoiler for 2nd season:

EDIT 2:

Oh my god,

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This made my life. Precisely what I was hoping for, a confirmation to go with the season finale.

Too bad we don't get a general airing date for when it might start, but it doesn't look like it'll be too soon or they probably would have shown some actual scenes from the 2nd season.
Old 2013-06-21, 12:48   Link #1456
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Sooner, the better.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 13:08   Link #1457
Azrulnin
Cyberspace Traveller

Looks like 2nd season confirmed already.... The only thing to do is just wait.
Now then when the ost will be released?
Old 2013-06-21, 13:09   Link #1458
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrulnin View Post
Now then when the ost will be released?
First volume already is, second one should be coming soon, and then there's a third extension for the PS3 game.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 13:16   Link #1460
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

The 2nd OST is released on 6/26, and the Music Extension for the game will be out on 7/24

Tags
action, comedy, harem, romance, sci-fi, tsundere